The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems odd that there isn’t a stronger business case to be made for a new WS pavilion given that’s it’s basically just dining and merch.

On the other hand is that just relocating dining and merch from elsewhere in the park? Needing added capacity would be about the only way Disney would be willing to foot the bill.

Last edited:
Adding on to that thought, with the future world revamp, I think food and merch capacity will be pretty good.

WDW Pro said:
I've just been given confirmation that the Avenger's E-Ticket and Disneyland version of MMRR have been frozen in place. No work will continue on them until they are greenlit to be restarted. This is directly due to the Coronavirus. Walt Disney World cutbacks are being determined Tuesday... not sure when we'll get that info leaked.

Since MMRR is so visible over there, we should be able to confirm this before too long.

Since MMRR is so visible over there, we should be able to confirm this before too long.
I have no idea if that person is an insider or not, I grant that they could be, but they've been on that board 6 months giving "inside information" and so far nothing has happened to lead me to believe they know what they are talking about.

Lots of "confirmed" information for things several years away, nothing seconded by any of the board's proven insiders, nothing that can be proven to be true or untrue without knowing people in Disney PEP yourself, and several things like "TDO is going to delay the opening of ROTR" (they didn't) and "Josh D'Amaro is on the hotseat" (He was promoted not long after to President of WDW).

I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I have no idea if that person is an insider or not, I grant that they could be, but they've been on that board 6 months giving "inside information" and so far nothing has happened to lead me to believe they know what they are talking about.

Lots of "confirmed" information for things several years away, nothing seconded by any of the board's proven insiders, nothing that can be proven to be true or untrue without knowing people in Disney PEP yourself, and several things like "TDO is going to delay the opening of ROTR" (they didn't) and "Josh D'Amaro is on the hotseat" (He was promoted not long after to President of WDW).

I'd take it with a grain of salt.
I‘d continue to remain skeptical of him until something gets proven.

Other the other hand is that just relocating dining and merch from elsewhere in the park? Needing added capacity would be about the only way Disney would be willing to foot the bill.
My guess on Brazil is that they don’t want any new big projects in World Showcase until the front of the park isn’t a mess.

Westsider at Mousechat making roughly the same claims as WDW Pro. So I guess we just need to keep an eye on the site work for MMRR to see how accurate these claims are.
Westsider said:
Latest news from buddies in DLR Facilities - things are really hitting the fan this week. Freezes are under way to current projects already started at DLR. Cheapek is demanding all current projects not past a certain go/no go stage be frozen through at least Fiscal Quarter 3, maybe thru end of this Fiscal entirely.

Current response plan by TDA is to have MMRR site contractors wrap up current work and then put the site into deep freeze until it can (hopefully) be restarted later this year. The opening for MMRR will be delayed because of that, assuming it restarts work by the end of this fiscal year. Work for Avengers E Ticket is also now frozen. The current Avengers Campus work and Spiderman ride has been allowed to wrap up and will open on time - but then all future Avengers Campus work and the E Ticket gets frozen through this fiscal year at least. Magic Happens debut will continue as scheduled - but DLR Entertainment was asked to create a plan to cut staffing for that parade after it opens.

Rehabs now in progress - mainly Mansion and Snow White - are continuing as supplies and job numbers were already charged but future DLR rehabs for this fiscal year are being cancelled or scaled back for anything not in ride maintenance Safety scope - no Show upgrades or plussing from WDI, etc. Plan to reintroduce a plussed up Eastern Gateway to City of Anaheim later this year is now frozen - no more work will be done on Eastern Gateway through at least Fiscal Quarter 3.

In Glendale planning for Coco D Ticket and New Tomorrowland are on hold for Anaheim now. Some strategic layoffs are possible for TDA just so TDA can claim they helped out if WDW does bigger layoffs - but DLR management has heard Cheapek is focused most on high paid Imagineers at the Glendale campus and mostly at WDW and the massively bloated salaried armies out there. Salaried layoffs in Glendale and WDW will happen if the HKDL/SDL closures go into April and beyond.

Just like u could see work stopped on the Hong Kong expansions last December before the HK park closed due to Corona Virus - we will be able to see work stopping on most Anaheim projects within a month. Contractors are working on safely and effectively putting those sites into sleep mode and that will take a couple weeks to do correctly.

Stuff is gettin real at DLR this week. Not a joke.

My guess on Brazil is that they don’t want any new big projects in World Showcase until the front of the park isn’t a mess.
No, it was cancelled due to instability of the corporate help, and the fact the "BOB" didn't want to fit the whole bill.

No rumors that this China thing will affect the opening of Ratatiouille? I would assume that is too far along to stop at this point.

Curious about any new rumors on opening dates ....

No rumors that this China thing will affect the opening of Ratatiouille? I would assume that is too far along to stop at this point.

Curious about any new rumors on opening dates ....
I think for Florida Mary could be cut or delayed as could the SE retool also any unannounced 50th plus ups that might of been planned

Like next Monday? (For example ... Asking for a friend, er, myself)

Cast Previews start Saturday and run through the 2nd. I’d guess media day on the 3rd? I guess they could work some guests into during the cast previews, but i don’t think they will be scheduled previews like Star Wars. Just a luck of being in the right place at the right time.

Yeah Rat is nearly complete.
Like .. it will be done by mid June nearly? :). On the pessimistic side of it being done for our mid-June trip .. but have two Epcot days planned JUST in case. (but mainly just because we haven't done Epcot in a while and even if we just wander around the World Showcase and see the new shows -- that will be worth it). The kids probably will enjoy the new "IP-ness" of World Showcase, with Frozen, A&E Meet and Greet and the B&B singalong on its own. (and potentially the new Duck Tales game too (which I am assuming will be ready by June?))

Like .. it will be done by mid June nearly? :). On the pessimistic side of it being done for our mid-June trip .. but have two Epcot days planned JUST in case. (but mainly just because we haven't done Epcot in a while and even if we just wander around the World Showcase and see the new shows -- that will be worth it). The kids probably will enjoy the new "IP-ness" of World Showcase, with Frozen, A&E Meet and Greet and the B&B singalong on its own. (and potentially the new Duck Tales game too (which I am assuming will be ready by June?))
There really isn’t any firm rumored dates right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter