The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like .. it will be done by mid June nearly? :). On the pessimistic side of it being done for our mid-June trip .. but have two Epcot days planned JUST in case. (but mainly just because we haven't done Epcot in a while and even if we just wander around the World Showcase and see the new shows -- that will be worth it). The kids probably will enjoy the new "IP-ness" of World Showcase, with Frozen, A&E Meet and Greet and the B&B singalong on its own. (and potentially the new Duck Tales game too (which I am assuming will be ready by June?))
We got 3 months notice for Runaway Railway. So if you don’t hear a firm date by mid to late June...

WDW Pro said:
Conversations are ongoing today about the Paris resort. Likely to close on Wednesday, but could be pushed to Friday. Little point in having it open regardless if attendance drops more than 70%.

We got anything new? Id love some rumors right about now lol

Not anything concrete but I did see people show that on the park maps at EPCOT which are focused on the Flower and Garden Festival that the map shows the Rat ride so people are speculating that could indicate the ride will open before the end of the festival (which I think does line up fairly well with announced closing date of Spaceship Earth and would make sense for that to open when or before SSE closes)

Anything new on the Toy Story BBQ joint at HS? I feel like that one has just been forgotten about. Wondering if it will be open in time for a late June trip but lack of information on it makes me skeptical.

Anything new on the Toy Story BBQ joint at HS? I feel like that one has just been forgotten about. Wondering if it will be open in time for a late June trip but lack of information on it makes me skeptical.
It’s still moving along. June might be a bit early

Not anything concrete but I did see people show that on the park maps at EPCOT which are focused on the Flower and Garden Festival that the map shows the Rat ride so people are speculating that could indicate the ride will open before the end of the festival (which I think does line up fairly well with announced closing date of Spaceship Earth and would make sense for that to open when or before SSE closes)

This is great news, Rat is on the map! Ratatouille is my daughter's favorite movie. We are headed down the last week of June leading into 4th of July. I originally had my trip booked for early June but switched in hopes it will be open when we go. This will be the big must do ride for us!

This is great news, Rat is on the map! Ratatouille is my daughter's favorite movie. We are headed down the last week of June leading into 4th of July. I originally had my trip booked for early June but switched in hopes it will be open when we go. This will be the big must do ride for us!
That is a super sign that Rat will come before the end of Flower and Garden, right? -- is Space 220 on the map?

We just took the Skyliner from DHS to Epcot (and back) today. Got a good view of the queue area for the ride and they are pretty well done - at least on the outside. Obvious work still needs to be done dressing the outside of the buildings.

WDWMagic's Epcot forum is hot with rumors that Epcot may stay closed after the other 3 parks reopen, perhaps for several months. Presumably to accelerate construction while minimizing costs to TWDC.

VERY much an unfounded rumor at this point.

WDWMagic's Epcot forum is hot with rumors that Epcot may stay closed after the other 3 parks reopen, perhaps for several months. Presumably to accelerate construction while minimizing costs to TWDC.

VERY much an unfounded rumor at this point.

Feels like more just putting things together - the cancelling of the cultural program CMs, the termination of a number of the musical acts, etc - combined with the construction going on makes that "idea" make sense, but I don't know if they will do that. A lot also depends how long they are closed for and how they handle reopening.

Uncharted times so certainly possible but I would be surprised

Feels like more just putting things together - the cancelling of the cultural program CMs, the termination of a number of the musical acts, etc - combined with the construction going on makes that "idea" make sense, but I don't know if they will do that. A lot also depends how long they are closed for and how they handle reopening.

Uncharted times so certainly possible but I would be surprised
First I agree, but secondly, the point made to me is valid. I would bet dollars to donuts that costs on construction would drop hugely if they don't have to worry about constraints and can fully move to construction. Only time will tell though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter