The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the proposed Mary Poppins UK ride, and it likely being a "C" level ride...I know some people get upset whenever any ride is added and it is not an "E" ticket. However, given the current state of crowd levels, wait times, etc., whenever they do add something, I'd much prefer they give us a quality ride (always the most important thing, irregardless of "thrill" level), that has very high capacity. I think adding rides along the lines of Haunted Mansion that can absorb the largest number of people just to get them out of walkways and such to give the parks a less crowded "feel" is most important.

Regarding the proposed Mary Poppins UK ride, and it likely being a "C" level ride...I know some people get upset whenever any ride is added and it is not an "E" ticket. However, given the current state of crowd levels, wait times, etc., whenever they do add something, I'd much prefer they give us a quality ride (always the most important thing, irregardless of "thrill" level), that has very high capacity. I think adding rides along the lines of Haunted Mansion that can absorb the largest number of people just to get them out of walkways and such to give the parks a less crowded "feel" is most important.

I actually almost prefer getting new dark rides to E-tickets. And adding people eaters to Epcot could do wonders for it.

It looks just as worth riding as an E ticket and that's what matters to me

It seems like in the early days of the park they had a lot more areas with things (technology) to explore and hands-on type things - be it Cominicore or Imageworks or whatever. They still have a few things scattered around but they are often pretty out of date at this point - revamping that concept I think would be great and could work within the current physical structures

I think there are two fundamental problems with having hands on exhibits now. The first problem is that as a society, we are not as well behaved as we were back in the 80's. As a result, I think that there would be constant problems with things being broken and in need of repair. The second problem I see with having hands on exhibits has simply to do with capacity. There are a lot more people visiting Disney World on a daily basis now than there were back in the 80's. Because of that, I think hands on exhibits would constantly have long lines, and be difficult to experience for many guests.

Martin on WDWmagic.com said the current plans for the replacement of illuminations will use IPs.

I’m not a fan of this if it does happen.

I’m absolutely fine with this. Epcot is not even remotely what Walt envisioned so this day in age, I’m fine with them adding more IP (within reason) and making it far more appealing to kids.

Martin on WDWmagic.com said the current plans for the replacement of illuminations will use IPs.

I’m not a fan of this if it does happen.
If this is done tastefully (i.e. not an IP dump), then it could work. Would be nice to see only the characters/IP's of the World Showcase pavilions. That could work IMO. I was kinda disappointed with IllumiNations on my last trip - it really doesn't compare to something like HEA.
Martin says hardware is beginning to be fabricated for the new Epcot show.
Oooooh, exciting stuff! Haven't been over to WDWMagic to look for myself, but has an opening timeframe been mentioned - are we looking this year or later?

I think there are two fundamental problems with having hands on exhibits now. The first problem is that as a society, we are not as well behaved as we were back in the 80's. As a result, I think that there would be constant problems with things being broken and in need of repair. The second problem I see with having hands on exhibits has simply to do with capacity. There are a lot more people visiting Disney World on a daily basis now than there were back in the 80's. Because of that, I think hands on exhibits would constantly have long lines, and be difficult to experience for many guests.
I don't know if I agree about society being less well behaved. I think that the fact that it could disperse crowds a little gives it major benefit. I think Disney has also proved they are capable of still delivering these hands on exhibits in some of the newer line queues. Seven Dwarves Mine Train is a great example, as is Winnie the Pooh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter