The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To this....

Not too long ago, there was some "heated" discussion on WDWMagic.com about what else may be coming.

One discussion was what was plan for Dinoland area of AK - one persistent rumor had Indy taking the area over with DINOSAUR moving to Indy theme, and Primeval whirl being replaced by another coaster. Again, this is all speculation.

THEN - the discussion came from Martin and I believe some others that there were three parks fighting for the Shanghai POTC tech for a ride - those three were DHS, EPCOT and AK. One theory had the Indy IP as an option for that tech. Not sure that is still the case.

There has been past rumors of some kind of water ride being added to DHS at some point, and the Shanghai POTC would be one way to do so.

But all of this for now, is speculation...not confirmation from any insiders other than the fact that Indy in AK is an option, and One of the three parks should get Shanghai POTC tech ride. I do believe for now, DHS is leading to get the Shanghai POTC tech ride.
If Epcot was one of the parks fighting for it you have to wonder what attraction they could possibly have in mind for it. Would they do one of the countries Indy took place in and put the attraction in Epcot, or would we see something completely out of our minds that would shock us all because I can't think of anything that could fit Epcot using that system.

Fun fact, for some i guess, it was shared by Martin at WDW.Magic.com that the original timeline for Coco into Mexico was Q3 in 2020, but has since been basically halted due to some unexpected issue - he didn't want to go indepth on the reason, but this sounds like it is pretty final.

If Epcot was one of the parks fighting for it you have to wonder what attraction they could possibly have in mind for it. Would they do one of the countries Indy took place in and put the attraction in Epcot, or would we see something completely out of our minds that would shock us all because I can't think of anything that could fit Epcot using that system.
No idea. I know at one time there was a rumor of a river ride for Germany I think.....so maybe there? maybe some revamp of the Seas?

Plus don't forget, there is some addition to WoL still to come....not sure if it could be placed there, or what IP.

No idea. I know at one time there was a rumor of a river ride for Germany I think.....so maybe there? maybe some revamp of the Seas?

Plus don't forget, there is some addition to WoL still to come....not sure if it could be placed there, or what IP.

I believe a Rhine River Cruise was in the original plans for Germany, and there used to be wooden doors that covered where the load/unload area was (I think that much got built but never the full show building)

"The future River Ride promises to be as enjoyable as it is informative. An early concept has guests boarding a "cruise boat" for a simulated ride down the Rhine and other rivers, the trip affording a visual impression in miniature of the cultural heritage of Germany's past and highlights of its present. Among the detailed models envision are scenes in the Black Forest, the Oktoberfest, Heidelberg, the industrial Ruhr Valley... the possibilities are limited only by the planners' imaginations." –"Walt Disney's EPCOT Center" by Richard Beard

Imagineering-Disney_Rhine-River-Cruise-Map_640.jpg

I believe a Rhine River Cruise was in the original plans for Germany, and there used to be wooden doors that covered where the load/unload area was (I think that much got built but never the full show building)

"The future River Ride promises to be as enjoyable as it is informative. An early concept has guests boarding a "cruise boat" for a simulated ride down the Rhine and other rivers, the trip affording a visual impression in miniature of the cultural heritage of Germany's past and highlights of its present. Among the detailed models envision are scenes in the Black Forest, the Oktoberfest, Heidelberg, the industrial Ruhr Valley... the possibilities are limited only by the planners' imaginations." –"Walt Disney's EPCOT Center" by Richard Beard

Why does this sound just like the original Maelstrom? Perhaps that's why it wasn't built in the first place? Too much like the attraction a few steps away?

Why does this sound just like the original Maelstrom? Perhaps that's why it wasn't built in the first place? Too much like the attraction a few steps away?

Definitely similar - there was even talk of also highlighting some of the newer architecture similar to the ending of Maestrom where they highlight the newer Norway (though, guess that is also similar to the Mexico ride where they highlight more modern day Mexico at the end as well)

Actually, thinking about it now that would be three similar, boat style rides pretty close together if you take Mexico, Norway, and Germany

And there was also take (you can sort of see it in the plan) that the end of the ride or at least when you left the ride would overlook the eating establishment, similar to the start of the Mexico ride

I believe they covered/removed the wooden doors with the painted wall mural as to not have guests wonder what is behind the doors.

Regardless, I do wish they built (fingers crossed for a new ride) this attraction.

I must admit that this doesn’t exactly sound riveting... ... :rolleyes1

Why you young whippersnapper. EPCOT opened about the time the personal computer debuted. It was very exciting in its era. Unfortunately, Disney let most of it die.
Epcot was by far my wife's and my favorite when it opened. We were really happy when our kids were old enough to go to the Magic Kingdom by themselves and we could go to Epcot. We would set a time to meet up, always behind the castle, for meals.

Sounds like StorybookLand Canal boats at Disneyland Park. :scratchin

I must admit that this doesn’t exactly sound riveting... ... :rolleyes1
Most of world showcase (back in the 80s) wasn't exciting. Another boat ride in Germany wouldn't have made it any better. I loved Future World, but dreaded the long, boring walk around the World Showcase -- food and shopping and ONE exciting ride (Maelstrom) ..zzzzzzz. At least they had double decker buses to take you around back then.

Most of world showcase (back in the 80s) wasn't exciting. Another boat ride in Germany wouldn't have made it any better. I loved Future World, but dreaded the long, boring walk around the World Showcase -- food and shopping and ONE exciting ride (Maelstrom) ..zzzzzzz. At least they had double decker buses to take you around back then.
Same here, as a kid.

I was there last week with my 4yo boy. I was having flashes of my childhood as I watched him being tortured by being drug around the World Showcase with the rest of us.

But at least my 8yo daughter loves it, though.

I hear ya’. I never got to go to WDW as a kid — first time I was 20yrs old and paid for half the trip. :)

My kids LOVE to try different foods, and they LOVE the Mitsukoshi store in Japan. So they’re World Showcase fans — perhaps the minority for their age groups. They also used to like playing Kim Possible / Phineas and Ferb — that was a good addition for the younger set.

But yeah — another boat ride... seems like the right call (TO ME) not to have done that.

I hear ya’. I never got to go to WDW as a kid — first time I was 20yrs old and paid for half the trip. :)

My kids LOVE to try different foods, and they LOVE the Mitsukoshi store in Japan. So they’re World Showcase fans — perhaps the minority for their age groups. They also used to like playing Kim Possible / Phineas and Ferb — that was a good addition for the younger set.

But yeah — another boat ride... seems like the right call (TO ME) not to have done that.
If they can do the boat ride now though I hope they will, especially with additions of Ratatouille and UK ride, another boat ride wont feel quite as repetative.

Its weird though before this discussion happened I had a dream there was a river behind the Norway pavillion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter