The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they can do the boat ride now though I hope they will, especially with additions of Ratatouille and UK ride, another boat ride wont feel quite as repetative.
I don't know... JMO, but it's tough to make those feel like a worthwhile use of space -- outside of Jungle Cruise or Pirates -- and even those have a nostalgic appeal that something new wouldn't. :) As cute as NRJ is in Pandora, I still have a "meh" feeling about it. You've got to add some compelling story IMO... and some will be SO unhappy if it's not authentic to a country (i.e. Frozen upset)... but how would you make that something that would be interesting enough to enough people these days?

I don't know... JMO, but it's tough to make those feel like a worthwhile use of space -- outside of Jungle Cruise or Pirates -- and even those have a nostalgic appeal that something new wouldn't. :) As cute as NRJ is in Pandora, I still have a "meh" feeling about it. You've got to add some compelling story IMO... and some will be SO unhappy if it's not authentic to a country (i.e. Frozen upset)... but how would you make that something that would be interesting enough to enough people these days?
tbh my dream "boat" ride for EPCOT is still a Flume ride in the possible brazil pavillion themed to Emperor's New Groove ;)

EDIT: Also though to answer, I think a Tangled ride in Germany would be fine, if they found a way to talk about fairytales from Germany in general, THAT would be really cool, with cameos from Tangled and Snow White and the 7 dwarves!

I’m talking more about ride descriptions. Spaceship Earth is a ride about communication. People are turned off when they hear that.

In our era there were no cell phones and generally only one phone line into a house, usually with many kids, and no call waiting. If you wanted to find 'Sam/Cathy' there was no texting/emailing/face-timing them nor checking their social media and good luck getting past a busy signal if there were any teens in the house. We had to actually physically go and seek our friends out. We did not grow up with the communication you're accustomed to. Most of our long distance communication was via snail mail.

When long distance calls dropped to 10 cents a minute it was a huge deal to us.

Last edited:
In our era there were no cell phones and generally only one phone line into a house, usually with many kids, and no call waiting. If you wanted to find 'Sam/Cathy' there was no texting/emailing/face-timing them nor checking their social media and good luck getting past a busy signal if there were any teens in the house. We had to actually physically go and seek our friends out. We did not grow up with the communication you're accustomed to. Most of our long distance communication was via snail mail.

When long distance calls dropped to 10 cents a minute it was a huge deal to us.
Oh I know I’m just saying when you tell people this ride goes over the history of communication they are kind of like what? I love SSE but others think it’s dumb.

Hey @rteetz, what do you think the odds are of DVC being put in around the Port Orleans area? Not a rumor, but something I've seen suggested that seems like it isn't out of the question, especially as there is now established adding DVC to moderate precedence.

Hey @rteetz, what do you think the odds are of DVC being put in around the Port Orleans area? Not a rumor, but something I've seen suggested that seems like it isn't out of the question, especially as there is now established adding DVC to moderate precedence.
Its a possibility certainly but I don't think anything soon. There next focus seems to be the River Country site.

Not yet. A refurb still isn’t officially happening for it yet either. I would expect closer to the 50th so 2020?
Ever since the rumors started flying about updates to the Peoplemover, I've alternated between panicking it would be closed while we're there and just sticking my head in the sand and ignoring the possibility. Glad to know it's unlikely (though anything can change, I realize) to be down for the refurb while we're there.

If you’re gonna do it, do it right. Spend the money. Let the imagineers do their thing. They seem to make substantial cuts to all their new projects. :worried:
Thats the difference between creative type positions and executive bean counter type positions. Thankfully the rides seem to be safe. I am not sure there are a lot of substantial things they could cut anyways this far into construction. Things that could be cut though are entertainment and roaming characters.

Thats the difference between creative type positions and executive bean counter type positions. Thankfully the rides seem to be safe. I am not sure there are a lot of substantial things they could cut anyways this far into construction. Things that could be cut though are entertainment and roaming characters.
Or details. The details really make the land. I could see some cut corners on theming. And that would be a shame. So would cutting any entertainment as that can eat some of the crowds even temporarily.

I mean come on they are going up against Harry Potter in terms of immersion. Don't skimp on stuff because it can absolutely be those little details that catch people.

Sure overtime I get adjustment of roaming characters but at least start right.

*sigh* it's so frustrating sometimes. It's not even Disney it's just simply corporate America. Sometimes the big folks lose sight of what the little (or less big if you will) folks know what works and what should be done.

I mean come on they are going up against Harry Potter in terms of immersion. Don't skimp on stuff because it can absolutely be those little details that catch people.

Sure overtime I get adjustment of roaming characters but at least start right.

*sigh* it's so frustrating sometimes. It's not even Disney it's just simply corporate America. Sometimes the big folks lose sight of what the little (or less big if you will) folks know what works and what should be done.
I agree.

Remember still just a rumor so not a certainty right now.

According to a poster on WDWMagic, Chapek has not been thrilled with SWGE costs and is asking for cuts to be made within the land (not the attractions).

Might just be messaging - I mean, if you are doing a creative project and largely given not budget (or no real motivation to stay within budget) you aren’t going to bother trying to be reasonable. His might be just to let them know he is watching and just be smart about things

Though I agree things like roaming hard tees and entertainment could be more limited (though with the crowd level, probably not a lot of room to “roam” anyway)

Might just be messaging - I mean, if you are doing a creative project and largely given not budget (or no real motivation to stay within budget) you aren’t going to bother trying to be reasonable. His might be just to let them know he is watching and just be smart about things

Though I agree things like roaming hard tees and entertainment could be more limited (though with the crowd level, probably not a lot of room to “roam” anyway)
Or maybe with long lines and only 2 attractions, roaming entertainment would be more necessary than ever. If there's no room, they need to put capacity limits on people in the land.

Or maybe with long lines and only 2 attractions, roaming entertainment would be more necessary than ever. If there's no room, they need to put capacity limits on people in the land.
Exactly, things to occupy people will be necessary. That's part of the reason they added the walking suit to Pandora. While people wait in line or for their FP people want something to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!