The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry folks, I may have missed this....

At WDWMagic.com - Mansionbutler an pretty reliable insider confirmed new nightime parade for MK is PTN(paint the night for those like me who don't follow the Disney alphabet).

Also insider Visionarysoul had some big updates:
1) Princess and the Frog update to SM is on indefinate hold - evidently the one in China was out and out refused, and that means the one in MK won't be changed that way either(as explained they share development costs by having design fit multiple rides and these two are almost identical)
2) Mary Poppins is cut
3) Table top bar in center is cut - but low cost option being worked
4) Moana water walk way is on - but some major changes including potential move of site
5) Play pavilion at EPCOT still on, but cost engineered down and delayed
6) believe it or not - Wakanda was an option for WP at Epcot next to Germany, and is still being talked about - yes you heard it, Wakanda... But death of lead actor might finally stop this
7) Indiana Jones at AK is dead

Another insider though has stated there may be an expansion on the board for AK, that is not a ride or land, but IP specific "attraction"

At WDWMagic.com - Mansionbutler an pretty reliable insider confirmed new nightime parade for MK is PTN(paint the night for those like me who don't follow the Disney alphabet).

1) Princess and the Frog update to SM is on indefinate hold - evidently the one in China was out and out refused, and that means the one in MK won't be changed that way either(as explained they share development costs by having design fit multiple rides and these two are almost identical)
2) Mary Poppins is cut
4) Moana water walk way is on - but some major changes including potential move of site
6) believe it or not - Wakanda was an option for WP at Epcot next to Germany, and is still being talked about - yes you heard it, Wakanda... But death of lead actor might finally stop this

Another insider though has stated there may be an expansion on the board for AK, that is not a ride or land, but IP specific "attraction"
We talked about it a little bit elsewhere but never here so thanks for posting.

2) Mary Poppins is cut

I’d argue that all of this is good news.

Just have to ask. I have noticed that on WDWmagic that discussions on rumors that were just posted seem to last for pages. For some reason it doesn't get talked about for very long and a lot seen to not care about them. Just curious as to why that is?

Just have to ask. I have noticed that on WDWmagic that discussions on rumors that were just posted seem to last for pages. For some reason it doesn't get talked about for very long and a lot seen to not care about them. Just curious as to why that is?
I think it depends on the subject. Also two types of site traffic. The DIS sees more traffic but often is used for planning mainly. WDWMagic is more news/rumors.

WDWMagic was specifically founded as a site to share behind the scenes stuff at Disney. It’s never really lost the news and rumors focus. Just look at what forums grace the top spots on each board - here it’s theme park planning and resort planning, there it’s WDW news and rumors.

The Play pavilion could be a glorified indoor playground for kids (like what they have along the rose walk or near test track) along with some restrooms and AC and I would be happy. Throw in some comfy benches where you can watch the kids and its perfect. Epcot gets so hot during the day and the attractions are all spaced out it can really wear out kids who want to just do their own thing for a little while. Leave some space inside for expansion when times get better and some light theming... spend money on Moana, SSE, guardians, the rat, and Harmonius... Poppins and the festival thing whatever it was are good cuts. The festival thing would have messed up the sightlines of SSE from the showcase... and poppins budget had already been cut so much it would have just been a meet and greet which already exists in the UK pavilion

The Play pavilion could be a glorified indoor playground for kids (like what they have along the rose walk or near test track) along with some restrooms and AC and I would be happy. Throw in some comfy benches where you can watch the kids and its perfect. Epcot gets so hot during the day and the attractions are all spaced out it can really wear out kids who want to just do their own thing for a little while. Leave some space inside for expansion when times get better and some light theming... spend money on Moana, SSE, guardians, the rat, and Harmonius... Poppins and the festival thing whatever it was are good cuts. The festival thing would have messed up the sightlines of SSE from the showcase... and poppins budget had already been cut so much it would have just been a meet and greet which already exists in the UK pavilion

I'd be down for that - maybe some meet and greets and a beer / mimosa bar

WDWMagic was specifically founded as a site to share behind the scenes stuff at Disney. It’s never really lost the news and rumors focus. Just look at what forums grace the top spots on each board - here it’s theme park planning and resort planning, there it’s WDW news and rumors.
I totally understand that and get the differences in boards. I just find it kind of odd how dismissive many on this board is of any rumors. For me I find the news and rumors side more fascinating. I'm surprised so many here don't seem to care about th behind the scenes stuff.

I totally understand that and get the differences in boards. I just find it kind of odd how dismissive many on this board is of any rumors. For me I find the news and rumors side more fascinating. I'm surprised so many here don't seem to care about th behind the scenes stuff.
So do many of us that post here. You don’t get pages of discussion without lots of people though. If it’s just the same few it doesn’t go as far. That goes for any topic.

So do many of us that post here. You don’t get pages of discussion without lots of people though. If it’s just the same few it doesn’t go as far. That goes for any topic.

To be fair, i usually don't understand half the stuff I read over there. Lots of backstory on the topic and between members that can be confusing.

I've been a member there for years but normally wait for the rumors to make their way here where its usually broken down in a way I get. 😀

To be fair, i usually don't understand half the stuff I read over there. Lots of backstory on the topic and between members that can be confusing.

I've been a member there for years but normally wait for the rumors to make their way here where its usually broken down in a way I get. 😀
Some of the posters have a following there and some have narratives that they push with their rumors. Some of it gets tiring. The narratives can contribute to the discussions there. Whereas here we tend to just share the content of the rumor and not the rest of the nonsense.

The rumors discussions here are shorter in large part because they are more civil and less repetitive. The TOS here are both stricter and more tightly enforced, and discussions that go in circles lead to warnings; on WDWMagic they’ll go in circles for literally hundreds of pages.

Also it seems the insiders here are more connected to park ops vs there they are more connected to imagineering. There’s hundreds of pages of discussion of current park ops rumors/inside info in the COVID thread here.

The rumors discussions here are shorter in large part because they are more civil and less repetitive. The TOS here are both stricter and more tightly enforced, and discussions that go in circles lead to warnings; on WDWMagic they’ll go in circles for literally hundreds of pages.

Also it seems the insiders here are more connected to park ops vs there they are more connected to imagineering. There’s hundreds of pages of discussion of current park ops rumors/inside info in the COVID thread here.
This summed it up perfectly. I’ve been a long time member at both sites and literally never post there because it never seems anything is actually read there, it’s just the same arguments going around and around. I use them for what they’re useful for, seeing some rumors early, but it’s definitely a searching for a needle in a haystack issue there.

Here just feels more like a family. We help eachother out. Explain the news and rumors much easier for everyone to understand. There, questions can be asked and never answered or you have to search through pages and pages of junk to find the answer. Here is very user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter