The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This summed it up perfectly. I’ve been a long time member at both sites and literally never post there because it never seems anything is actually read there, it’s just the same arguments going around and around. I use them for what they’re useful for, seeing some rumors early, but it’s definitely a searching for a needle in a haystack issue there.

Here just feels more like a family. We help eachother out. Explain the news and rumors much easier for everyone to understand. There, questions can be asked and never answered or you have to search through pages and pages of junk to find the answer. Here is very user friendly.
That is so well said. I don’t post often but I come here regularly to dream, especially these days. I do feel like each of you are family. When you change your avatar I notice (or get confused) and when you disappear for a time period, I miss each of you. You bring so much joy to my days.

So do many of us that post here. You don’t get pages of discussion without lots of people though. If it’s just the same few it doesn’t go as far. That goes for any topic.
I thought there would be more made about the rumored things postponed or cancelled at WDW. Especially Wakanda being talked about for World Showcase and Moana having major changes.

Sorry folks, I may have missed this....

At WDWMagic.com - Mansionbutler an pretty reliable insider confirmed new nightime parade for MK is PTN(paint the night for those like me who don't follow the Disney alphabet).

Also insider Visionarysoul had some big updates:
1) Princess and the Frog update to SM is on indefinate hold - evidently the one in China was out and out refused, and that means the one in MK won't be changed that way either(as explained they share development costs by having design fit multiple rides and these two are almost identical)
2) Mary Poppins is cut
3) Table top bar in center is cut - but low cost option being worked
4) Moana water walk way is on - but some major changes including potential move of site
5) Play pavilion at EPCOT still on, but cost engineered down and delayed
6) believe it or not - Wakanda was an option for WP at Epcot next to Germany, and is still being talked about - yes you heard it, Wakanda... But death of lead actor might finally stop this
7) Indiana Jones at AK is dead

Another insider though has stated there may be an expansion on the board for AK, that is not a ride or land, but IP specific "attraction"
Just catching up, by China, is that meant to be the one in Tokyo?
Also glad the Moana water thing is still planned, looking forward to that. Also kinda happy that Indiana Jones was scrapped for AK as I really like Dinosaur, just wondering if anything will replace Primeval Whirl
Wakanda seems pretty strange to have been suggested for World Showcase, would it have been an attraction behind The Outpost (Where Equatorial Africa was supposed to go) or was it planned for the other side of Germany (where the model railway is)?

I totally understand that and get the differences in boards. I just find it kind of odd how dismissive many on this board is of any rumors. For me I find the news and rumors side more fascinating. I'm surprised so many here don't seem to care about th behind the scenes stuff.
The funny thing is that half the people posting about rumors over at magic are dismissive of any rumor. Some people even give marni a hard time. Half of those threads are people just trashing the info most of the time.

I thought there would be more made about the rumored things postponed or cancelled at WDW. Especially Wakanda being talked about for World Showcase and Moana having major changes.

I feel like just about everything there is things we have already talked about so it is what it is ... the Wakanda thing did surprise me a bit though even that has been discussed (though more of "where could they put Wakanda?" I recall from even a few years ago)

I am intrigue by what the major changes to the moana water feature are, especially when it mentions location could change ... could that become the big element in the center of the spine/behind Spaceship Earth now?

I’d argue that all of this is good news.
You know, I am of split minds here....

First WS is in desperate need for a new pavilion. Brazil really got close this time, per many insiders, and where as Wakanda would be ridiculous in WS IMO, a new pavilion would be so welcome there. To get an Egypt, or India or some other that really focuses on their history or citizens....... But that ship may have sailed.

I will add, I am really broken hearted on the loss of Mary Poppins, granted it was just a spinner and maybe a fancy meet and greet it would have been another really great add there. I am hoping at some point, maybe they will add a Mad Hatter tea party area maybe to have a fancier more enjoyable M&G maybe.

I too am concerned about the play pavilion, this almost smells of a very toned down innoventions....or arcade, which would be very tacky.

Wait, is WDW really getting Paint The Night? I'm assuming not until around October 2021?

I've never seen that parade, it was always West Coast, right?

The rumors discussions here are shorter in large part because they are more civil and less repetitive. The TOS here are both stricter and more tightly enforced, and discussions that go in circles lead to warnings; on WDWMagic they’ll go in circles for literally hundreds of pages.

Also it seems the insiders here are more connected to park ops vs there they are more connected to imagineering. There’s hundreds of pages of discussion of current park ops rumors/inside info in the COVID thread here.
I like to think of it as more it is taken for what it is here. One of the really well done things by @rteetz is that we all focus on the fact this is a rumor. No guarantee it happens, and no real spin. This is the rumor, take it for what it is, and move on. My biggest issue with WDWMagic is there are as many members in Rumors looking to discount the rumor or try to sniff out the fake rumor leaker that they miss the point. The point is this is rumor, it is some nugget that has been discussed or maybe even looked at, but that is no guarantee it will happen.

I agree though, the spin can get excessive over there, half are trying to discount it, half are convinced it is right, and all of them think they can improve it

Just catching up, by China, is that meant to be the one in Tokyo?
Also glad the Moana water thing is still planned, looking forward to that. Also kinda happy that Indiana Jones was scrapped for AK as I really like Dinosaur, just wondering if anything will replace Primeval Whirl
Wakanda seems pretty strange to have been suggested for World Showcase, would it have been an attraction behind The Outpost (Where Equatorial Africa was supposed to go) or was it planned for the other side of Germany (where the model railway is)?
Yes Tokyo, sorry my bad, trying to do things on the run again... ;)
No plans I have heard for sure on Dinoland redo, I have heard at least pre-covid some type of plan was in place and one option was Indy Land.
Wakanda was supposedly to be a pavilion with no real attraction per what I have seen, they can't call out BP at all, but recognize it as a "country" like the other pavilions. Agreed makes no sense in WS. I believe yes in that area, near Germany.

First WS is in desperate need for a new pavilion. Brazil really got close this time, per many insiders, and where as Wakanda would be ridiculous in WS IMO, a new pavilion would be so welcome there. To get an Egypt, or India or some other that really focuses on their history or citizens....... But that ship may have sailed.

I will add, I am really broken hearted on the loss of Mary Poppins, granted it was just a spinner and maybe a fancy meet and greet it would have been another really great add there. I am hoping at some point, maybe they will add a Mad Hatter tea party area maybe to have a fancier more enjoyable M&G maybe.

I too am concerned about the play pavilion, this almost smells of a very toned down innoventions....or arcade, which would be very tacky.

I am of similar minds

With Poppins I think I would rather they hold off rather than doing it halfway (would welcome something eventually, if done right). And that is what I am worried about the Play pavilion - it already seemed like something with a relatively small budget so if they scale it back even more it might wind up looking really cheap ... but as others have mentioned, even if just an area for kids to run around and in the A/C it would be a welcome addition to EPCOT

I believe it is to be for the 50th, but this just came out and I don't believe I have seen a timing yet

saw that rumor elsewhere, that WDW was getting PtN for the 50th, so would make sense ... and would be something relatively inexpensive for them to add since they already have the floats and people would be pretty excited for it so seems like good "value" for them

Wait, is WDW really getting Paint The Night? I'm assuming not until around October 2021?

I've never seen that parade, it was always West Coast, right?
I believe it is to be for the 50th, but this just came out and I don't believe I have seen a timing yet

The rumor is that Magic Kingdom is getting a modified version of Paint the Night for the 50th instead of the previously planned new parade (which was never confirmed anyways). I believe part of the rumor is one or two new floats to replace the Mack float as it won’t fit in Magic Kingdom. This one has been around for a little while now.

I’d love a new country to be built, but I think World Showcase is currently fine. Future World has been in shambles for far too long, I’d prefer all funds going into Epcot at least trying to fix the mess they’ve made in the front half.

I’d love a new country to be built, but I think World Showcase is currently fine. Future World has been in shambles for far too long, I’d prefer all funds going into Epcot at least trying to fix the mess they’ve made in the front half.

Plus you have practiacally half a new paviltion coming to France - and if they ever do the Coco overlay at Mexico that is enough "new" stuff I think. Totally agree about Future World needing the funds more than a new pavilion (if they can get another country to pay for it then fine, but other areas need Disney funds more than that)

The rumor is that Magic Kingdom is getting a modified version of Paint the Night for the 50th instead of the previously planned new parade (which was never confirmed anyways). I believe part of the rumor is one or two new floats to replace the Mack float as it won’t fit in Magic Kingdom. This one has been around for a little while now.

I have it noted in the August update that PtN is rumored to come. I know it’s been more speculated than rumored prior to that. Per what I have which isn’t everything but a new nighttime parade was in the works for the 50th dating back to April 2018. I’m sure there were plans even before that.

I have it noted in the August update that PtN is rumored to come. I know it’s been more speculated than rumored prior to that. Per what I have which isn’t everything but a new nighttime parade was in the works for the 50th dating back to April 2018. I’m sure there were plans even before that.

Well the start of the most recent credible rumor was in mid August about a modified Paint the Night, I’d say the current comments are stemming from that one. Prior to that I think it was more wishful thinking rather than hard rumors. But there’s been constant rumors since the last parade was about to leave about a new one coming in, hard to keep it all straight sometimes.

I like to think of it as more it is taken for what it is here. One of the really well done things by @rteetz is that we all focus on the fact this is a rumor. No guarantee it happens, and no real spin. This is the rumor, take it for what it is, and move on. My biggest issue with WDWMagic is there are as many members in Rumors looking to discount the rumor or try to sniff out the fake rumor leaker that they miss the point. The point is this is rumor, it is some nugget that has been discussed or maybe even looked at, but that is no guarantee it will happen.

I agree though, the spin can get excessive over there, half are trying to discount it, half are convinced it is right, and all of them think they can improve it
I do get they are just rumors but the majority of the time there is some truth to them. What I do find the biggest difference between WDWmagic and here, especially now with Covid affecting so much, is that it feels like most here dismiss it cause they don't want to hear it.

All of this sums up my feelings perfectly. We need a new pavilion in world showcase but I can see why future world was the priority. There is at least stuff to do in WS right now. Play pavilion could definitely go tacky if not careful!

Totally fine with PtN instead of brand new parade I think that is an ideal budget cut lol

I do get they are just rumors but the majority of the time there is some truth to them. What I do find the biggest difference between WDWmagic and here, especially now with Covid affecting so much, is that it feels like most here dismiss it cause they don't want to hear it.
Sorry for triple posting guys! I think its true that a lot of us don't want to get our hopes up for sure. ESPECIALLY with Covid. I was missing from the boards for quite some weeks just because it was painful to even think about Disney during the current situation. But if you have theories and rumor stuff to discuss by all means contribute as I for one would love to discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter