The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love a new country to be built, but I think World Showcase is currently fine. Future World has been in shambles for far too long, I’d prefer all funds going into Epcot at least trying to fix the mess they’ve made in the front half.
I don't disagree with you on future world. But lets address WS first.
If things had gone as was planned at one time....
You would have had - Rat in France, Poppins in England, updated Canada and Japan, Brazil new Pavilion(I refuse to accept Wakanda...sorry) and Coco overlay in Mexico. That really addresses a ton of needs, and really refreshes WS.
As for Future World -
Plan originally were - Guardians in Energy, Playland in WoL, updated Space, updated Seas, updated land, updated SSE, new platform area in center for bar, and viewing area for Harmonious. And per a few reports and updated at least Imagination in 5 years or so. Which would have done quite a bit for Future world. Not to mention new Space restaurant and updated other food options.

What we will end up with is still a question.
WS - Rat, Creperie in France, updated film in Canada, new restaurant in Japan and some work in China. I believe we will still get Harmonious, but I am betting it will be greatly delayed and maybe cost engineered.
Future - Guardians, Space update(with Restaurant), Moana(cost engineered - yeah that sounds scary), and a much delayed SSE.

I don't think that alone addresses that parks major needs. Just me.

I do get they are just rumors but the majority of the time there is some truth to them. What I do find the biggest difference between WDWmagic and here, especially now with Covid affecting so much, is that it feels like most here dismiss it cause they don't want to hear it.

Nah it's awesome, keep it coming.

I don't disagree with you on future world. But lets address WS first.
If things had gone as was planned at one time....
You would have had - Rat in France, Poppins in England, updated Canada and Japan, Brazil new Pavilion(I refuse to accept Wakanda...sorry) and Coco overlay in Mexico. That really addresses a ton of needs, and

Could they have even built a Wakanda at Epcot? I thought Black Panther was considered to be in the "avengers family," meaning that the theme parks rights are with Universal. They have all characters closely associated with Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four. That's for the rights east of the Mississippi River though. Disney can do any Marvel attraction they want on the west coast, for the most part, although they still cannot use the Marvel name itself.

Last edited:

I do get they are just rumors but the majority of the time there is some truth to them. What I do find the biggest difference between WDWmagic and here, especially now with Covid affecting so much, is that it feels like most here dismiss it cause they don't want to hear it.

People dismiss it because rumors are rumors for a reason.Most of the rumors posted since April have turned out to be false

People dismiss it because rumors are rumors for a reason.Most of the rumors posted since April have turned out to be false
As far as reopening going yes most were false but things kept changing. As far as attractions go most have been close to true. The rumor of Voyage of the Little Mermaid not opening with the park ended up being true. Same with the rumors of what is being postponed or delayed at Epcot.

Could they have even built a Wakanda at Epcot? I thought Black Panther was considered to be in the "avengers family," meaning that the theme parks rights are with Universal. They have all characters closely associated with Spider-Man, The Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four. That's for the rights east of the Mississippi River though. Disney can do any Marvel attraction they want on the west coast, for the most part, although they still cannot use the Marvel name itself.

It is a complicated agreement but the way I understand it they could not use the character Black Panther East of the Mississippi as he was a formal member of the Avengers in the comics - what is less clear is if they could use Wakanda with not specific mention of the Black Panther character (I assume they at least think they could)

It is a complicated agreement but the way I understand it they could not use the character Black Panther East of the Mississippi as he was a formal member of the Avengers in the comics - what is less clear is if they could use Wakanda with not specific mention of the Black Panther character (I assume they at least think they could)
This is generally my understanding of how the public agreement works. Anything negotiated since then, who knows.

And it’s not exactly in Disney’s MO to create an entirely new (and likely expensive) land and not be able to cash in on its primary character.

I keep forgetting about the imagination ride/ movie gawsh that thing is really bad, is there a particular reason it wasnt originally a higher priority for replacement? Wouldn’t That come before the SSE refurb and give the park a capacity bump? ... also any rumors about a soarin film update post futureworld redo? Im thinking mainly about the end portion of the film with everything looking different

And it’s not exactly in Disney’s MO to create an entirely new (and likely expensive) land and not be able to cash in on its primary character.

Maybe they would see it as building Wakanda now and adding Black Panther later? I don't want Wakanda in Epcot, I'm just trying to figure out what Disney might be thinking.

I keep forgetting about the imagination ride/ movie gawsh that thing is really bad, is there a particular reason it wasnt originally a higher priority for replacement? Wouldn’t That come before the SSE refurb and give the park a capacity bump? ... also any rumors about a soarin film update post futureworld redo? Im thinking mainly about the end portion of the film with everything looking different
I think Imagination has been tackled last as 1) It's Figment's attraction and beloved by many park fans (rumour at one point that they were replacing Imagination with Inside Out, without Figment which wasn't too well received) and 2) It doesn't really fit into World Nature but its awkward location doesn't quite place it in World Celebration, so probably another issue Imagineers had to face :)

I think Imagination has been tackled last as 1) It's Figment's attraction and beloved by many park fans (rumour at one point that they were replacing Imagination with Inside Out, without Figment which wasn't too well received) and 2) It doesn't really fit into World Nature but its awkward location doesn't quite place it in World Celebration, so probably another issue Imagineers had to face :)

I don't know, but it has become so beloved by both of us in it's current state!
We ride it first now and the cheesiness, the dated appearance...for some reason when we ride it we really feel back "home". :D

As long as they don't reference BP then yes they could have, in theory any way, as posted above

Slow news day so thought I would throw these nuggets out there....
Insider Visionarysoul at WDWMagic.com left these little nuggets:
Imagination had two potential makeovers in the pipeline for consideration at one time -
1) was inside out which most had heard of - per VS this hasn't been talked at all for quite a while.
2) Was a MUPPET take over of Imagination - making it a Muppet lab type set up - this too seems off the table, but I had not heard of this before.

Imagination had two potential makeovers in the pipeline for consideration at one time -
1) was inside out which most had heard of - per VS this hasn't been talked at all for quite a while.
2) Was a MUPPET take over of Imagination - making it a Muppet lab type set up - this too seems off the table, but I had not heard of this before.

I feel like they are over thinking it with Imagination ... Figment is already a great character and a unique IP to EPCOT and just redo the ride, more like the original version but with the latest technology, bring back the Dreamfinder, bring back more of the upstairs elements, etc. .... you don't need to reinvent the wheel just improve what is there

They should use Inside out as a newversion of Cranium Command at the Wonders of Life Pavilion (or even as part of the Play! pavilion)

I would of 100% be for the muppets so long as they kept the figment ip for more then just a festival mascot

Per the muppet idea, Visionarysoul mentioned there would include some kind of plan to make Figment a muppet I believe, he was to stay included I think. I just can't ever see an Imagination pavilion without Figment.

Per the muppet idea, Visionarysoul mentioned there would include some kind of plan to make Figment a muppet I believe, he was to stay included I think. I just can't ever see an Imagination pavilion without Figment.
That's the trick, I am 100% behind them redoing the journey into imagination ride as long as they keep figment in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter