The rumors of Splash Mtn being wetter are true

Yeah I’m November we all got soaked. My husband made fun of us, as we were all complaining, how you always get wet. Well, he’s wrong normally for us only the person up front and the very back every got super wet the rest of barely anything. But nope now we know ponchos or bring a change of clothes with us.

When were on it in 2017 we all got drenched, took for ever to dry and this was in july! I would look for benches in the sun and sit on them tryng to dry my butt. I love the ride but really hate how bad you get wet now.

All this talk about getting soaked, dryers, frizzy hair, etc. reminded me of this:

Disney should get Judith Beasley to do a safety spiel video for Splash Mt.

Rode it twice so far this week and did not get soaked, nor did we see anyone get soaked.

I was in the front seat one ride and rear seat on another ride. No soaking.

A light spraying was about it.

BTW, it is a water ride. I expected to get wetter..

Rode it twice so far this week and did not get soaked, nor did we see anyone get soaked.

I was in the front seat one ride and rear seat on another ride. No soaking.

A light spraying was about it.

BTW, it is a water ride. I expected to get wetter..
Ok... I’ll believe you when you say that you didn’t get soaked. But unless there’s been a major change in the last day or two, there’s no way that no one else got soaked. For weeks now I have been watching boat after boat get completely drenched every time I hang out there.

Ok... I’ll believe you when you say that you didn’t get soaked. But unless there’s been a major change in the last day or two, there’s no way that no one else got soaked. For weeks now I have been watching boat after boat get completely drenched every time I hang out there.
When we went back to ride Winnie the Pooh on Saturday, we saw some very, very soaked people leaving Splash. There was some “colorful” language from one group about how wet they were.

I hope they’ve lowered the water level, but it didn’t look like that had happened yet as of Saturday.

... BTW, it is a water ride. I expected to get wetter..
Posters here understand that it's a water ride, and many here ride it in order to get (somewhat) wet. But for those who ride Splash regularly, there has been a noticeable and significant change in the splash/drench factor pre and post refurb. And expectations may have something to do with it, too. Maybe if someone isn't expecting to get very wet, the post refurb ride could be quite a shock. For someone expecting to get soaked, it may not be such a big deal. The weather is supposed to warm up this weekend, so maybe guests won't mind getting so wet.

I wonder if the water level theory is part of it - we noted the bits where we got really soaked was actually not at the drop points where we were expecting it but just turns and water just flowed in the sides.

I have no problem as it is a wet ride - we did it on purpose at the end of the night so we could go back and change. I wasn't expecting to get quite so soaked as the most recent ride of Splash I've done was in Tokyo and we both got out of that ride with some slight damp patches on our shoulders (it was literally a splash haha). My experience on water rides is that you also don't seem to get so wet in cold weather which it was. It was wetter than our rides on GRR.

I wonder if the water level theory is part of it - we noted the bits where we got really soaked was actually not at the drop points where we were expecting it but just turns and water just flowed in the sides.

Yes, this is what happens when we've been soaked. Not spray as much, but water over the sides in a wave.

Does Splash Mountain usually have manageable wait times and/or late fast pass availability? Wanting to ride it on our way out of the park, but just curious if it should be a priority ride due to wait times or lack of FP availability. Thanks!

Does Splash Mountain usually have manageable wait times and/or late fast pass availability? Wanting to ride it on our way out of the park, but just curious if it should be a priority ride due to wait times or lack of FP availability. Thanks!
Even when it’s warm, Splash is not too popular at night, so either a late FP or a short line is likely.

If it’s cold, it definitely won’t have a line, IME, but that walk out of the park seems LONG when you’re soaked. Also IME.

I have no reason to lie about it.

Lots of people last night and didn't see anyone get soaked. Just reporting what i saw.

I have another FP for it today.

We haven't been on Splash for many years but will be trying it again next week. We plan to ride right before we head back to our room for our afternoon break so we can change if needed to.:-)

My daughter and I rode last week and sat in the back and it didn't get too wet, but the two people in the front got way more soaked than they would have in the past. Later we watched for a bit from Tom Sawyer Island and it was surprising how variable it was seeing the splash on that last drop. Some boats with smaller guests barely got a spritzing and other boats got a huge wave over the top and you could see the people completely soaked. Seems like the heavier boats got it worse, but also if boats came in quick succession, the subsequent boats didn't get it too bad, but if there was a longer time and water built back up at the base, then the next boat was in for a wet ride.

I have no reason to lie about it.

Lots of people last night and didn't see anyone get soaked. Just reporting what i saw.

I have another FP for it today.

Rode it again on the 14th and no one got soaked. We actually got to ride it twice as the fireworks were happening and it slowed down so after my FP ride we went again. Awesome riding and watching the fireworks.

No one got soaked. I watched a few boats after ours and still no soaking.

We went on it twice this past weekend (Friday and Saturday). So my theory is that it depends on how heavy your boat is and where you sit! My 2 DDs, ages 9 and 12, and I--about 300 pounds total--were on the boat plus we had 2 strangers each time. Thus, our boat was lighter than when you have 5 adults.

The one time we had heavier strangers behind us (the man sat in the last seat and was probably above 250 pounds plus his wife might have been above 200), we definitely noticed we got far wetter. My youngest DD (who sat in the front both times) had her shirt drenched (as in practically see-through!) with the heavier couple behind us. But the first time we rode, it was with a young slim couple (probably under 275 pounds between the two of them), it was more of a spray and my older DD and I dried off before we even got back to GCH.

Ummmm yeah after our ride in February we had to go spend $200 on new clothes for our kids who were DRIPPING. Socks to hair. Yuck.

I am usually solo, sometimes with a friend and I always politely request the back. In my experience it is the least wet spot and putting your feet up does help back there.

Ducking behind others helps too. I go three times a month or so and yes, I too have noticed the wetness factor has risen.

I went on a backstage tour at Magic Kingdom in Florida and they walked us to the backstage area of Splash and said it was drained every night. I would imagine it was the same here?

Rode it several times Thursday Friday Saturday last week. While I never got soaked it definitely is a wetter ride than before. Everytime I rode seats one and two had a wave over the bow drench them.

I can deal with wet clothes, even wet shoes. But it's what the drenching does to my naturally curly and frizzy hair that really kills me! Ya spend over an hour flat ironing and one trip on the Mountain and you look as if half your head got electrocuted!
I don't ever attempt to blow my hair out at Disney. Natural all the way, just because of things like this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter