The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

We may have a life changing event and now my entire trip is on hold until our fate is decided. So I wait for a decision and then we might get back on track with WDW.

This hotel is not what I expected. So much trash everywhere. Landscaping is not nice. I even saw a broom floating in the "lake." My unit is ok. Grout is gross and lots of stained surfaces. Going back to my Marriott Cypress Harbour next time. Thankful I did not pay a fortune for this place.

What is the Diamond Lane link? Our visit is 2 weeks out on Monday. (also ps, how do you upload a profile picture and the dates you've been at the bottom?)

Hi all. Love this thread and wanted to post some pics of our last stay in the courts section. Couldn't believe how much space there was...the floor to ceiling window was a nice feature and we loved having the bedrooms on separate floors.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

What is the Diamond Lane link? Our visit is 2 weeks out on Monday. (also ps, how do you upload a profile picture and the dates you've been at the bottom?)
The D/L link is on page 1 (post 2) of this thread. There has been a recent update to the form that makes it difficult to make special requests, but it does appear to make it easier to link reservations.

To add a photo to your profile, click your user name in the dark blue bar at the top of the page, then select Personal Details. On the Personal Details page, your Avatar is the second item. Your file should be at least 200*200 pixels; you will have a chance to crop down a larger photo when uploading. Don't forget to answer the "bot check" question about halfway down the page.

The D/L link is on page 1 (post 2) of this thread. There has been a recent update to the form that makes it difficult to make special requests, but it does appear to make it easier to link reservations.

To add a photo to your profile, click your user name in the dark blue bar at the top of the page, then select Personal Details. On the Personal Details page, your Avatar is the second item. Your file should be at least 200*200 pixels; you will have a chance to crop down a larger photo when uploading. Don't forget to answer the "bot check" question about halfway down the page.
Thanks - is that the "about you" section? I feel I've been over every section 50 times and still can't find an avatar or signature section! Thanks - I'll keep looking!

Thanks - is that the "about you" section? I feel I've been over every section 50 times and still can't find an avatar or signature section! Thanks - I'll keep looking!
Nevermind! I need 10 posts I guess before that is enabled. LOL

My family and I will be checking in on the 21st for a week. Can't wait to relax and check out to pool.

There are 5 of us. Any advice on getting to the parks? Is the shuttle worth it? Should we just drive to Universal? How about the Disney parks?

Thanks.

There are 5 of us. Any advice on getting to the parks?

Turn right out of the resort. Turn right again onto World Center Drive at the light. Cross over I-4 and you're on WDW property. It's a great location for Disney trips and easy to get to I-4 to go back up to Universal if that's what you want.

I'd never recommend using a shuttle for any off site resort.

Turn right out of the resort. Turn right again onto World Center Drive at the light. Cross over I-4 and you're on WDW property. It's a great location for Disney trips and easy to get to I-4 to go back up to Universal if that's what you want.

I'd never recommend using a shuttle for any off site resort.

I knew it was close but didn't realize that close. I appreciate the advice.
Thanks Charles!

I would recommend against the shuttles, especially with 5 people. The cost per day will be similar or higher than a rental vehicle (note: hotel stays do offer free shuttle to Disney, but most guests are there as timeshare stays and are charged for shuttle) even with the parking cost at the parks. A car is much more convenient than a shuttle, as the shuttles run a very limited schedule (scan back through this thread for a post of times and costs).
Access to the parks is really simple from Vistana Resort, turn right out of the resort onto 535. Turn right again at the next light, 536-World Center Drive, for all but AK. World Center Drive becomes Epcot Center Drive after you pass under I-4 and the Disney Arch. Just follow signage to all the parks from there. For Animal Kingdom, it is quicker to go one light further down 535 to I-Drive South, turn right, and then right again at W Osceola Pkwy. Follow Osceola Pkwy all the way to the AK parking lot.

Access from Vistana to Universal is easiest via the I-4 North to Universal Blvd (exit 75A). At busier times there are a couple of back road sneaks via Turkey Lake Road, but I wouldn't generally do these until familiar with the area. Note that the access to the I-4 just north of the resort on 535 can be a bit of a traffic backlog. If going at busier traffic times, loop around and use the on ramp south of the resort off World Center Drive.

Final note, if driving in the area I recommend a GPS. If you don't have one, borrow one from a friend or use Google Maps or similar on a smart phone. The parks are really easy to find due to all the signage. Getting back to the resort can be a lot more difficult when you are exhausted, it's dark, and there are no signs to guide the way. There is not a single straight roadway in the Disney area, so it can be confusing and difficult to just backtrack. I have a fantastic sense of direction, and I too have been lost in Central Florida...

We are nearing the end of our stay and had the most fabulous time - can't wait til we come back. Thanks for all the help! My husband is excited to check out skyauction next!! Any tips?

(Guess you can't upload photos from your phone!)

We'll be staying for a week in October, arriving on a Friday. We thought we'd request a unit in the Fountains/Lakes section because we like the look of the pool on that side.

Just wondering what the other facilities are like in that part of the resort? I'm guessing it'll be too far to walk to the main Marketplace for things like a morning Starbucks or other supplies? Is there convenience store of any kind in the Fountains section?

We'll be staying for a week in October, arriving on a Friday. We thought we'd request a unit in the Fountains/Lakes section because we like the look of the pool on that side.

Just wondering what the other facilities are like in that part of the resort? I'm guessing it'll be too far to walk to the main Marketplace for things like a morning Starbucks or other supplies? Is there convenience store of any kind in the Fountains section?
The North side of the resort also sports the Tacky Tiki Bar and the Take Out Emporium for dining and drinks.
There is only the one Marketplace on the South side. Is it too far to walk is a highly subjective question. IMO, no it's not, but DW and I are both regular walkers, so 2-5 blocks (depending on where your villa is) is certainly a short walk to us.

The North side of the resort also sports the Tacky Tiki Bar and the Take Out Emporium for dining and drinks.
There is only the one Marketplace on the South side. Is it too far to walk is a highly subjective question. IMO, no it's not, but DW and I are both regular walkers, so 2-5 blocks (depending on where your villa is) is certainly a short walk to us.

Thanks. A couple of blocks walking is fine. Just wasn't sure how pedestrian friendly it would be...looks like it crosses quite a big road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!