The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

I haven't used this yet, but Vistana recently started publishing the concierge phone number on the website. Can't hurt to give them a call:
1-888-716-8667

Thank you @bankr63 ! The phone number did not lead me directly to who I needed to speak with, but after 3 transfers (1 that was in error), I was able to speak with Jennifer who apologized that I did not get a Diamond Lane response and was very gracious and accommodating regarding the requests that I wanted to add. Hope to provide an update about my stay! Thank you again!

Looking at booking for first time (long time WBC user but much more expensive this trip). Is parking for all rooms basically right outside your unit or are some buildI ha parking lots further away. After WBC would be nice to park right outside your room rather than a garage.

(And silly question - I love fountains, waterfalls, anything where you can hear running water - any areas have nicer water “landscaping”
than others?”)

There are no parking structures at SVR, but the larger buildings (5 storey) in Cascades and Lakes tend to have larger surface parking areas - you will be close, but not "right at the door". The older sections with 2 and 3 storey buildings generally have you parked steps from the door.

Waterscapes are pretty common throughout the resort with only Courts section having no water features at all. If you aren't backing to a pool, you are probably backing to a pond, almost all which have fountains (turned off at night). My absolute favorite pond area is in Springs, behind buildings 1-5,13-17 (although 13-15 front onto 535). It is the most lush thick semi-jungle area in the resort. Very zen. See the map linked on page 1 of this thread to get the lay of the resort, and you will see where all the ponds are located.

I apologize if I’m asking a repeated question, but I searched and didn’t find an answer in this thread.

I’m got a tentative booking for the first week of January. I know I need to put in the diamond lane request a week or two in advance, and I’ve seen the form. What I didn’t notice on the form, is a spot to request a certain villa or bed set up. Am I missing something?

I think I need to call someone to confirm that I can be guaranteed a 2nd bedroom with 2 doubles, as the twins won’t work for us. I booked on their website, and it said “twin beds”. Does that mean it’s my only option? If so, I’ll have to cancel. I’m not thrilled about my alternative lodging option, right now, though.

Sheraton has stripped down the Diamond Lane form a bit, and there is no longer a spot for typing in special requests. However, a few people have reported here that the resort is reaching out via email after the request is received, and you can make the request then. The Vistana site also started posting the concierge phone number quite prominently on the website, indicating to me that they are more welcoming of phone calls as well. Check a few posts back for that number.

The Sheraton site seems to have defaulted to the lowest common denominator for all villa descriptions (ie: twin beds). That is actually the least common 2BR villa configuration at the resort. What is probably more important is whether is says the villa sleeps 6 or 8 maximum. A villa listed as sleeps 8 will most likely not have twin beds, although the Courts townhouse villas do sleep eight with twins as it has an additional sleeping area in the loft (with a second sleeper sofa). A sleeps 6 configuration is probably in Falls or Courts with twins, unless they offer you an upgrade. If you booked through the mousesavers link, they have access to the larger configuration villas and you should not get twin bed units.

My family will be staying at Vistana from December 17-31. Today, I received the second email from them, inviting us to sign up for the in and out escape game. Can anyone give a more detailed description of it than Vistana does? Would a 10 and 21 year old enjoy it? Thanks.

This appears to be the latest new attraction at SVR. The resort has something new and interesting in the shows and attractions arena most years on a temporary basis. Sounds interesting, but the one review I found was much less than glowing https://escapeauthority.com/review-gift-emporium/ however it was in the beta period in early November, so perhaps some of the issues noted have been dealt with. The review might help you determine if the kids would have fun; 10+ is the recommended starting age. It is a product of America's Escape Game on I-Drive who have some really good escape game concepts. The price, at $25 per person, appears to be about $10 less than the full on experience.

Silly question about the free wifi. I read from the beginning of the thread then skipped over the middle and picked up about 10 pages before the end. I think I read recently that 4 devices can be connected for free. If we have 4 people each with a cell phone and also 1 laptop (so 5 total devices), can we switch off which 4 we use? I only use the laptop sparingly but like to have it as an option. But if we can't switch between devices, it doesn't make much sense to even bring it.

Currently have a 2-bedroom 8/6 on hold through an RCI exchange checking in Sunday June 24. We own DVC (we're out of points) and haven't stayed offsite since I was a kid, but with me and my husband plus my brother and his girlfriend, holding out hope for a 1-bedroom to match at SSR at much higher TPU is less and less appealing. After reading through this thread I'm feeling better and will probably confirm the match.

Silly question about the free wifi. I read from the beginning of the thread then skipped over the middle and picked up about 10 pages before the end. I think I read recently that 4 devices can be connected for free. If we have 4 people each with a cell phone and also 1 laptop (so 5 total devices), can we switch off which 4 we use? I only use the laptop sparingly but like to have it as an option. But if we can't switch between devices, it doesn't make much sense to even bring it.

Currently have a 2-bedroom 8/6 on hold through an RCI exchange checking in Sunday June 24. We own DVC (we're out of points) and haven't stayed offsite since I was a kid, but with me and my husband plus my brother and his girlfriend, holding out hope for a 1-bedroom to match at SSR at much higher TPU is less and less appealing. After reading through this thread I'm feeling better and will probably confirm the match.
Has never been a problem for us. I am bristling with electronics even while on vacation - with the whole family there I wouldn't be surprised that we have 10 devices total - I have 3 myself (phone, tablet, laptop), 2 teen kids and DW all with laptops and smart phones add a few more devices. Only once in all our visits have I had a warning that I had too many devices, preventing one from attaching. Dropping one off makes room, but it can take a bit of time for the deactivated device to drop from the service.

Pretty sure that the premium (paid) internet service allows more than 4 devices if you are willing to pay the extra.

With 4 adults, you will be much more comfortable in a 2BR than in a 1BR. Access to Disney is quick and easy from SVR, and you might just catch a bit of the magic that goes on in the rest of Orlando outside of Disney confines pixiedust:

Has never been a problem for us. I am bristling with electronics even while on vacation - with the whole family there I wouldn't be surprised that we have 10 devices total - I have 3 myself (phone, tablet, laptop), 2 teen kids and DW all with laptops and smart phones add a few more devices. Only once in all our visits have I had a warning that I had too many devices, preventing one from attaching. Dropping one off makes room, but it can take a bit of time for the deactivated device to drop from the service.

Pretty sure that the premium (paid) internet service allows more than 4 devices if you are willing to pay the extra.

With 4 adults, you will be much more comfortable in a 2BR than in a 1BR. Access to Disney is quick and easy from SVR, and you might just catch a bit of the magic that goes on in the rest of Orlando outside of Disney confines pixiedust:

Thank you! Yes we agreed that the space is the deciding factor for this trip. We are trying to keep it cheap so 2 rooms on property would have been more than we wanted to spend. RCI exchange is the most budget friendly option.

We like to enjoy adult beverages in the parks so we will probably alternate who drives (rental car) and take uber/Lyft occasionally as well. My husband and I have annual passes so no parking fees to worry about.

I'm so nervous but excited at the same time!

Great thread, thanks to all who have contributed and helped prepare us for our upcoming trip. I'm sure I missed it somewhere in here but I have a couple questions:
1. We are two families staying in a 2 bedroom unit. 4 adults (2 couples), 3 teens and a 7 year old. What would be the best layout/location to request?
2. We will have 2 cars. Can we park more than one car with only one reservation?

Great thread, thanks to all who have contributed and helped prepare us for our upcoming trip. I'm sure I missed it somewhere in here but I have a couple questions:
1. We are two families staying in a 2 bedroom unit. 4 adults (2 couples), 3 teens and a 7 year old. What would be the best layout/location to request?
2. We will have 2 cars. Can we park more than one car with only one reservation?

I would suggest taking a look at the villa layouts at https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/villas/100#two-bedroom-villacascades (scroll left to right to see the options) to see what you think will work best for you. With 8 people, you will be using every available sleeping surface, and some will be sharing beds/space. There are only 3 layout choices in a sleeps 8 configuration, only 2 of which are likely to be offered. The lockoff configurations (2 King masters, 2 sofa beds) you see in the layouts is probably not an option as these are most often locked off into the component 2*1BR units; 2 rentals is better than one for the resort/renting owner. You can request a LO, but it is a hard to get configuration. So that leaves the standard 2BR configurations in Spas, Palms, Springs, Cascades, Lakes and Fountains; or the upper townhomes in Courts. The former is the most prevalent villa configuration at Vistana, with a king in the master, 2 queen(ish) sized beds in the 2nd and a sleeper sofa. Courts is closer to a 3BR with a king master, 2 long singles in the 2BR, a sleeper sofa in the loft and a sleeper sofa in the living room.

From the comfort aspect, you will have more "real" mattresses in the standard configuration, but 4 people will be sharing 2 beds in a single room. From a privacy viewpoint, the Courts upper has a bit more private space, but 4 people are on sofa bed mattresses. Also take a look at bathroom configurations; Courts has direct access to the master bath from the hall; Spas, Springs, Palms all have access very near the master bedroom door, so you aren't walking through the master to share that bath; Cascades, Lakes, and Fountains have you walking right through the master bedroom to reach the master bath (making it harder to share that bath).

Consider requesting a housekeeping linen change mid-stay (fee) and swapping some beds around to spread the "discomfort" of the sleeper sofa. The sleeper mattresses are reportedly pretty good for a sofa bed, but there is only so much you can do with the classic 3-4" mattress that spends most of its life folded in half. I wouldn't want to be the one drawing short straw for a full week on one.

There is no problem with having 2 cars at Vistana, and IIRC there is no charge for a second vehicle. First vehicle is always free.

Thank you so much for the very detailed response. With all that to consider, i think real beds vs. pull out couches for the adults are a priority however your suggestion on a mid point housekeeping service is something I will consider if we do get placed in that type of configuration. Maybe we will get lucky and get the lock off with 2 masters and 2 sofa beds!

Hi,
We are new to this forum. So much great information passes along. I have taken a lot of notes...:)
We arrive next week and were asked by our "personal Concierge" what location we prefer. So the work begins. We have 5 total and all "swim like fish" and are very interested in the Super Pool. We also have Mom and Dad...light sleepers, so we are attempting to be in the busy area (by Spa and Cascades), but yet want to guarantee (as much as we can...) some quiet time after 9ish. Ages of kiddos are 12-18. We probably want to stay at the Spa honestly (based on pics and map). The great thing is that our kids are a bit older and really watch out for each other, so there may actually be a time for mom and dad to sneak away to the Tacky Tiki for an adult beverage...
It seems like it's easy to get to the resorts, so driving vs shuttle may be the option of choice. If you were going to ask for anything else ( from the Concierge) other than what I asked you guys above...what would you ask to make this vacation even more cool?
Thanks,
Greg

Hi,
We are new to this forum. So much great information passes along. I have taken a lot of notes...:)
We arrive next week and were asked by our "personal Concierge" what location we prefer. So the work begins. We have 5 total and all "swim like fish" and are very interested in the Super Pool. We also have Mom and Dad...light sleepers, so we are attempting to be in the busy area (by Spa and Cascades), but yet want to guarantee (as much as we can...) some quiet time after 9ish. Ages of kiddos are 12-18. We probably want to stay at the Spa honestly (based on pics and map). The great thing is that our kids are a bit older and really watch out for each other, so there may actually be a time for mom and dad to sneak away to the Tacky Tiki for an adult beverage...
It seems like it's easy to get to the resorts, so driving vs shuttle may be the option of choice. If you were going to ask for anything else ( from the Concierge) other than what I asked you guys above...what would you ask to make this vacation even more cool?
Thanks,
Greg
Hi Greg, and :welcome:to the DIS. I am always pleased when someone makes their first post ever here on the Vistana thread!

It sounds like you have studied the information here very well indeed. Yes, Spas section would be an excellent location. I would not worry about the kiddos at all. The resort has very good security, and personally I have never felt uncomfortable letting the kids "off-leash" there as long as they are responsible (I have a nephew I might not trust, but because of him, not the resort). If you want to be out of sight of them then Tacky Tiki can be an adult getaway, but the poolside bar at Zimmies is also a nice place to chill.

Not sure what else the concierge can do for you, but they do try to make guests comfortable. Prestock groceries are an option, or if you want the shuttle for first day, have them put your name on the list. Note that I don't actually recommend the shuttle if you have a car. Driving to the parks is much more convenient and only a little more expensive than the resort shuttle for a family. If you are expecting to arrive early or late, certainly let them know that.

If this is your first time at a timeshare, just remember that you will get an ask to attend a sales presentation. This is usually while picking up your parking pass, and usually entails an invitation to breakfast. Some people find this annoying, but Vistana is pretty soft sell by industry norms, and it is easy to say no. (And DO say NO, whatever they are offering it is not worth the loss of your precious vacation time, and what they are offering is not worth anywhere near what they are asking).

Hoping someone can give me some input and advice! We usually book through Interval and stay at the Marriott Sabal Palms. This year the Sabal is not showing our dates and we are looking at the Vistana.

Our travel party is myself, dh, and 4 young adult children; late teens, early 20's. Three girls and one boy. (who usually gets a pull out sofa and is fine with it!)

So far in looking at this thread and at the resort site, it is much larger than the Marriott, or at least seems that way. I know where it is (almost directly behind the Sabal) and have passed the entrance many times and I am happy with the proximity to the parks. What I am having trouble with is figuring which building and type of unit would be the best for us. We need at least two bedrooms, one for mom and dad- preferably a suite, one for three girls (two double beds is fine), and one pull out sofa for son.

What we like about the Sabal and hoping to find something similar at Vistana:
- more secluded units, (the Sabal is only two stories high), pool directly outside our unit that is mostly quiet. A more adult atmosphere, I guess is what I'm going for.
- there is a large, very active pool at the Marriott World that is a short walking distance from the Sabal where the kids can go for more action if they want it. With a poolside bar. (3 are legal drinking age)

I'm not sure if there's a standard unit they give you when you book through Interval or if I'll even have the option of choosing, but I want to have a good understanding when I call. Right now the Interval site is giving me listings, no specific unit names. It just lists number of private sleeping areas, number of bedrooms and max occupancy.

Thanks for any help!

Hoping someone can give me some input and advice! We usually book through Interval and stay at the Marriott Sabal Palms. This year the Sabal is not showing our dates and we are looking at the Vistana.

Our travel party is myself, dh, and 4 young adult children; late teens, early 20's. Three girls and one boy. (who usually gets a pull out sofa and is fine with it!)

So far in looking at this thread and at the resort site, it is much larger than the Marriott, or at least seems that way. I know where it is (almost directly behind the Sabal) and have passed the entrance many times and I am happy with the proximity to the parks. What I am having trouble with is figuring which building and type of unit would be the best for us. We need at least two bedrooms, one for mom and dad- preferably a suite, one for three girls (two double beds is fine), and one pull out sofa for son.

What we like about the Sabal and hoping to find something similar at Vistana:
- more secluded units, (the Sabal is only two stories high), pool directly outside our unit that is mostly quiet. A more adult atmosphere, I guess is what I'm going for.
- there is a large, very active pool at the Marriott World that is a short walking distance from the Sabal where the kids can go for more action if they want it. With a poolside bar. (3 are legal drinking age)

I'm not sure if there's a standard unit they give you when you book through Interval or if I'll even have the option of choosing, but I want to have a good understanding when I call. Right now the Interval site is giving me listings, no specific unit names. It just lists number of private sleeping areas, number of bedrooms and max occupancy.

Thanks for any help!

The older sections in Vistana and Sabal or quite similar.

When booking, make sure you get a sleeps 8 configuration to ensure enough beds for all. IMO Springs might be a best fit for your wish list; the Springs pool is generally pretty quiet, and still close to the action at the Cascades or Spas pool for the kids. These are 3 storey walkup buildings. Spas (2-3 storey) or Fountains (3 storey) would also be a good fit. The newer Cascades and Lakes Sections are probably higher density than you would want.

You don't generally get a choice of sections when booking (although VIO will probably give you a better chance at Fountains over VIT); both RCI and II reservations are assigned "run of house" from the pool of available villas that match the reservation criteria. The resort has a Diamond Lane request (link on page 1) which generally triggers a call from a concierge and gives access to Diamond Lane check in. You can make a request for a section from the resort, through the concierge and they do their best to accommodate within the villa class reserved.

Thought I would share my experience:

We are staying at SVR for the first time in Feb. When we have called Sheraton about the booking, they really haven't known much about the resort. Complete opposite for calling the hotel directly, they were amazing and helpful!! We will have LOs with us, so was asking if they had stools we could borrow (don't really want to lift the 3yo every time he needs to wash his hands for 2 weeks) else we would probably plan to pick one up. Similar questions about availability of games/books so we know what to pack (answers for those who are interested: stool - yes, first-come first-served; games - yes, lots of board and card games; books - no direct answer, so thinking no). But basically my point is the front desk was exceedingly helpful and told us lots about the facilities and activities for LOs so we are now even more excited to go!! So, if you have questions, and don't have access to the concierge, just call the hotel and hopefully they can help you out!

Thanks @DizzyDis

You make a good point that many people come across. If you call Sheraton, you are reaching a central reservation office that knows very little about each of the hundreds of properties in the network, and probably less about the Vistana properties as they are unlike anything else in the Sheraton/Marriott lines (assuming that they are merging the call centres with the rest of the two companies). The resort will always provide better information directly.

Yes games, sports equipment and DVD's are available for lending from the Activities Centre (between the tennis courts and Animal Trax mini-putt), but I have never noticed book lending. If a step stool isn't available, there is a Wal-Mart just a couple of minutes South of the resort on 535.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!