The smell of Aulani

GatorChris

Not of This World
When I first walked into Aulani, I could smell it. Don’t know what it was. Like a combination of sunscreen and flowers???? Whatever it was , it smelled distinctly Hawaiian and distinctly Aulani. Even when the doors would open near the pool area, you could smell it coming out.

Anyone know what it is? Or love it as much as I did? It’s as addictive as that smell in Pirates of The Caribbean.

Are you sure it wasn't the leis they handed out to new arrivals? Those flowers are pretty fragrant.

I am not sure about the smell at Aulani specifically but I know that one of the things I LOVE about Hawaii are all the lovely fragrant smells of the flowers mingled with the freshness of the tradewinds and ocean air.

I did notice at Aulani that there is an area of plumeria trees over by the lazy river towel hut that is especially fragrant.

Can you only buy it in the spa, or is it also in the gift shop?

I did not see it in the gift shop, but as PP mentions, you can just enter the spa and purchase it without an appointment. It's available for sale right at the reception desk of the spa. One day while we were there, the spa set up a table near the lobby to advertise their services and merchandise, and they had the lotions and other body products available for sale right at the table as well.

My family and I have been talking about the smell of Aulani ever since our vacation!! I'm guessing it's a pumped-in smell, but whenever we would enter the Waianae Tower from the pool area, you could very strongly smell this wonderful... ultra-clean smell... I really want it in my home!

One of the perks of being in Waianae tower was coming down to the pool and grounds through the door near the spa and smell that lovely scent every day.

The seventh floor hallway was strong flower/citrus smell..I think for some of the smaller hallways it concentrates because our 12th floor hallway was faint

The seventh floor hallway was strong flower/citrus smell..I think for some of the smaller hallways it concentrates because our 12th floor hallway was faint
I saw a housekeeper vacuuming and she had a powder she was sprinking on the carpet. I believe that also adds fragrance to the public areas.

I saw a housekeeper vacuuming and she had a powder she was sprinking on the carpet. I believe that also adds fragrance to the public areas.
Most likely that was to aid in the cleaning of the carpet. Did she put the powder down first and then vacuum it up?

Most likely that was to aid in the cleaning of the carpet. Did she put the powder down first and then vacuum it up?
Yes, and I've seen the same thing at Paradise Pier where they have beach type fragrance permeating faintly in the public areas.

I’m wondering if there’s a good Magic Candle Co. scent that replicates it?

It’s dreary and in the low 40s where I am right now, I definitely wouldn’t mind having an Aulani scented candle.

Also, just a heads up for anyone that uses fragrance oils/diffusers etc. (I just wouldn’t feel that I was doing my due diligence without saying this). If you have pets, double check that what you’re diffusing is *not* toxic to them. There are a few essential oils that are poisonous to dogs and/or cats. Definitely not something you want to learn the hard way!

When I first walked into Aulani, I could smell it. Don’t know what it was. Like a combination of sunscreen and flowers???? Whatever it was , it smelled distinctly Hawaiian and distinctly Aulani. Even when the doors would open near the pool area, you could smell it coming out.

Anyone know what it is? Or love it as much as I did? It’s as addictive as that smell in Pirates of The Caribbean.
It’s Hawai’i! Being near the pool or lagoon, it’s also probably a combination of aerosol sunscreen! 😂 Hope you can find something to match it to reminisce!

It's not uncommon for resorts to pump a scent into the air. This is very common in Vegas, where I live. If Aulani pumps a specific scent into the air, the scent was likely created just for Aulani meaning you cannot buy it anywhere. That said, there are businesses that specialize in copying scents, so they may be able to get close.

I google this:

"If you're wondering “what does Aulani smell like?”, it's a gorgeous mix of sweet and floral scents – but you'll also pick up a hint of sea salt if you sniff carefully. According to Disney, it's officially a combination of maile, plumeria, pikake, and mango!"

So, you can see if anyone makes something with similar fragrances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter