The Sugies Do Disney: Part 2! - A Nov '16 TR *Completed*New TR link 11/20

We didn't do the pre-order when we had lunch at BoG as I figured my kids would change their minds 17 times on what they wanted - but it does seem to often make things much quicker!

Good idea to split a meal at BoG (but not the dessert of course)

Those are fun PP photos!

Wow, very cool you got to see Kelly Clarkson!

I was having trouble remembering who performed on the Christmas Day special. (Especially since we had to stream it around 2 o'clock in the afternoon :rotfl2:). That's awesome that it turned out to be Kelly Clarkson. Impromptu mini-concert (yeah, I'm calling one song a concert :rotfl:) inside the Magic Kingdom? Pretty magical!

You guys got lots of Magic shots during this time period!

The Pascal magic shot came out so nicely. Same with the Lumiere one. You really had the best luck with photographers.

Omg I was there too during the Kelly Clarkson filming and right around near the same spot lol I didn't nearly get as good pics of her tho. She was truly fantastic. And I worked that night so I was out in Tomorrowland during your second MVMCP too!

Last edited:

I love your shirts!! :love:

Thank you! They are from an online shop called cafefortyseven :)

What a treat to see Kelly Clarkson! That's really awesome :)

It was so cool, definitely a highlight for me!

This definitely seems like a good call! We didn't pre-order last time because I wanted to talk to them about gluten free options, but then I ended up ordering exactly what I would have otherwise, so it was a waste of time. Next time we're definitely going to pre-order and save the time! The turkey sandwich is pretty tasty, and definitely split-able if you're not especially hungry.

So cool! Was this for a clip from the Christmas program they run on Christmas Day? Because I feel like I remember seeing that somewhere at some point and Kelly Clarkson being in it.

I'd never encountered such a long/slow line at BOG before this trip! Definitely learned my lesson!

Yes it was! It was fun to watch it on Christmas knowing I was there!

We didn't do the pre-order when we had lunch at BoG as I figured my kids would change their minds 17 times on what they wanted - but it does seem to often make things much quicker!

Good idea to split a meal at BoG (but not the dessert of course)

Those are fun PP photos!

Wow, very cool you got to see Kelly Clarkson!

Definitely quicker, and good if you already know what you want!

With such a big breakfast, we just needed something small to tide us over. But nope you will never see me split a grey stuff cupcake with anyone! ;)

Thanks!

It was pretty awesome, I was excited!

I was having trouble remembering who performed on the Christmas Day special. (Especially since we had to stream it around 2 o'clock in the afternoon :rotfl2:). That's awesome that it turned out to be Kelly Clarkson. Impromptu mini-concert (yeah, I'm calling one song a concert :rotfl:) inside the Magic Kingdom? Pretty magical!

You guys got lots of Magic shots during this time period!

Haha well at least you were still able to see it! They were doing a lot of filming around the parks the week we were there. I was SO excited that of all people we were able to catch Kelly Clarkson!

I wonder if PP can just tell when they see us that we love to take photos and magic shots? :rotfl2:

The Pascal magic shot came out so nicely. Same with the Lumiere one. You really had the best luck with photographers.

Omg I was there too during the Kelly Clarkson filming and right around near the same spot lol I didn't nearly get as good pics of her tho. She was truly fantastic. And I worked that night so I was out in Tomorrowland during your second MVMCP too!

Thanks! I do love that Lumiere one!

Omg how funny we were probably standing right next to each other! I whipped out my real camera for those shots..one of the only times I used that thing all week haha

We spent like zero time in Tomorrowland (as you'll read in future updates) so I don't think we would have passed you during the party :(

That's awesome!!! Very happy for you that this worked out :goodvibes :thumbsup2

A second one?!?! YAY!!!

PS - I see a (new?) ticker - yay you!!! :hyper:

Thank you! It definitely felt like pixie dust thrown my way :)

Haha yes, these 2 Christmas lovers just had to go more than once!

:goodvibes I snuck that in there, so funny that you noticed! I am debating if I should do a PTR or not!

Whew! I'm finally caught up, I was only 15 pages behind. :rotfl:

I really enjoyed reading about your awesome MVMCP. I've done it twice and both times it was wall to wall people and it rained. I really need a redo someday.

How cool to see Kelly Clarkson at the MK performing, very neat.

I love the turkey sandwich at BoG and PP is a favorite as well

Great pp pictures again. The balloon one is so fun.

Was happy to be reunited with some Pooh's Puffed French Toast and even happier that the breakfast potatoes were almost identitcal to the yummy ones we had at Akershus!
Hmmm... interesting... I'll just have to file that note away for future reference. :thumbsup2

After that we did a little shopping at the Emporium before heading to the castle. We had finally found out who would be performing and considering it was one of my favorite singers ever, I knew we had to try and see her. It was Kelly Clarkson!! We found out she'd be on at 3:30, so we found ourselves a spot to watch. Unfortunately she didn't come on until close to 4. I felt bad making Liz wait but she didn't seem to mind.
Cool! I'm glad you got to see her perform. And even though you only stayed for the first performance of it I'm sure it made for a bit of a soundtrack during the rest of the time you were wandering about the park.

Whew! I'm finally caught up, I was only 15 pages behind. :rotfl:

I really enjoyed reading about your awesome MVMCP. I've done it twice and both times it was wall to wall people and it rained. I really need a redo someday.

Glad you were able to catch up! :thumbsup2

We got really lucky with such an empty MVMCP, it was a lot of fun!

How cool to see Kelly Clarkson at the MK performing, very neat.

I love the turkey sandwich at BoG and PP is a favorite as well

Great pp pictures again. The balloon one is so fun.

It was so awesome!

Thanks, I love that balloon magic shot!

Hmmm... interesting... I'll just have to file that note away for future reference. :thumbsup2

Cool! I'm glad you got to see her perform. And even though you only stayed for the first performance of it I'm sure it made for a bit of a soundtrack during the rest of the time you were wandering about the park.

An excuse to book a Crystal Palace reservation ;)

It was a great moment get to see the performance!

November 10th- MVMCP #2!

We then got our wristbands for MVMCP, changed into our party attire, and went over to get in line for Jack Skellington!

We were in line around 4:45pm with about 30 people in front of us. I had hopes that he would come out early. I know at past parties he had come out as early as 5! I was hoping at least 6:15-6:30 like the dwarves. ....Unfortunately this was not the case. He didn't come out until exactly at 7. A lot of people in line were pretty unhappy, myself included. It was a long wait and it still took about 30 minutes from the time he came out until the time we actually got to meet him.

He was very fun and interactive! But the whole situation was frustrating and was only about to get worse!

We then headed into Fantasyland to try and meet some princess and princes! The line for Rapunzel/Tiana was over an hour, so we decided to try Aurora/Snow first. The line was long but I thought it would be 45 mins to an hour tops. WRONG!! The line moved so slow, they seemed to take breaks often, and even though the breaks were only supposed to be 15 mins, one of them took a full 30 minutes. All in all we ended up waiting over 90 minutes for them. It was tough because by the time we started to get annoyed, we were already so invested in the line that we did not want to leave. We did meet a really nice couple in line that helped us pass the time and not be so bored. I also met a fellow DISer when taking a bathroom break- @Carathryn! We didn't get a picture together but it was so nice to meet her and chat! :)

Up next...Wishes & more characters

Well, I'm glad you got to have some fun with Jack Skellington, but that's just some brutal wait time for the characters. I'd be so frustrated by all of that. There's only so much time at those parties and a lot of valuable minutes were wasted while characters took breaks.

Ugh, I relate so much to the Jack Skellington line thing. I was in line with a TON of Disneygrammers for him at my first party and we all expected him to come out at 5pm (he did at the Halloween parties this year) so the line formed at 4pm then he came out at like 6:45. I didn't meet him until past 7pm. Thank god the interaction was so awesome or I would've been so upset.

And I'm sorry to hear something similar happened with Snow & her Prince and Aurora & her prince. That line is characteristically slow moving due to the awkwardness of the location and that coupled with the nature of the M&G. But at least you made friends while in line, always a good thing to do. :thumbsup2

Shoot! What a frustrating start to your party!!

We were in line around 4:45pm with about 30 people in front of us. I had hopes that he would come out early. I know at past parties he had come out as early as 5! I was hoping at least 6:15-6:30 like the dwarves. ....Unfortunately this was not the case. He didn't come out until exactly at 7. A lot of people in line were pretty unhappy, myself included. It was a long wait and it still took about 30 minutes from the time he came out until the time we actually got to meet him.

That's so unfortunate! It seems like he typically comes out early. I've even heard of him coming out as early as like 4:30 in one TR! How frustrating! But your pictures are so awesome from this meet, and at least he had great interaction to help make up for it a little bit.

The line for Rapunzel/Tiana was over an hour, so we decided to try Aurora/Snow first. The line was long but I thought it would be 45 mins to an hour tops. WRONG!! The line moved so slow, they seemed to take breaks often, and even though the breaks were only supposed to be 15 mins, one of them took a full 30 minutes. All in all we ended up waiting over 90 minutes for them. It was tough because by the time we started to get annoyed, we were already so invested in the line that we did not want to leave. We did meet a really nice couple in line that helped us pass the time and not be so bored. I also met a fellow DISer when taking a bathroom break- @Carathryn! We didn't get a picture together but it was so nice to meet her and chat! :)

It just keeps getting worse!! I know exactly what you mean about waiting in a line so long that you feel invested and like you can't leave. We had to leave a line for princess fairytale hall once that was moving about 3 times slower than expected. We had a dining reservation so we had to leave, but I'd already spent so much time I was pretty upset about it.

I hope things turn around a bit for the rest of the party! And it's great that you had a little unexpected Dismeet! :)

The pictures are great, the waits not so much. Those were some long waits for you two! It is nice you were able to do a second party where you could spend more time meeting characters. I would love to see Jack Skellington as Santa Claws, how cool.

33047969061_5d249bb660.jpg

This pic is so cute. It looks like something Disney would use in an ad!

Aw, I love those shirts!!

I had hopes that he would come out early. I know at past parties he had come out as early as 5! I was hoping at least 6:15-6:30 like the dwarves. ....Unfortunately this was not the case. He didn't come out until exactly at 7. A lot of people in line were pretty unhappy, myself included. It was a long wait and it still took about 30 minutes from the time he came out until the time we actually got to meet him.

That is really frustrating, and frankly doesn't make much sense why they would do that. If they only let party people into the line to begin with, why not start earlier for such a popular character?!

We then headed into Fantasyland to try and meet some princess and princes! The line for Rapunzel/Tiana was over an hour, so we decided to try Aurora/Snow first. The line was long but I thought it would be 45 mins to an hour tops. WRONG!! The line moved so slow, they seemed to take breaks often, and even though the breaks were only supposed to be 15 mins, one of them took a full 30 minutes. All in all we ended up waiting over 90 minutes for them. It was tough because by the time we started to get annoyed, we were already so invested in the line that we did not want to leave.

Wow, REALLY frustrating night with the characters! I know just what you mean about becoming invested in the line and not wanting to leave even though it's taking way longer than you thought it would. The pictures came out nice though!

Tagging along. Only on page 12, just have to say you guys have some great pics. What camera are you using your low light photo's are great, wish mine were that good? Love the matching shoes.

Caught up. Loving all of the matching shirts and ears. Again I have to echo how many great pics you guys have. Wow those are some long waits for M&G's. SO great you got to see Kelley at WDW. Did you get to watch it on TV and did you tear up? I would have.

Whew! I'm new around here so I just read this pretty much from start to finish and it's such a fun TR! You ladies just look so happy in all of your pics- makes me want to take a Disney trip with my BFF.

Wow, that is some long waits for characters. I tried to get in Jack's line at the beginning of a party but it was super long. I ended up going back later in the night and waited 35 minutes which was not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!