The Timeshare Store - Lack of Listings

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I have purchased multiple contracts from TTS over the years. I know this time of year, the brokers may have fewer listings than closer to the annual due period, however, stalking the other brokers it appears they continue replace their sold listings with new listings.

As of this writing TTS does not even have SSR for sell.

Any insight?

I get their twitter alerts and they generally have 2, 3 or more new listings a day. Looks like last ssr they posted was on the 30th.

It is a sellers market and things just are really moving quickly. I don't believe that they even have time to update their inventory because everything sells before hitting their website.

I'd guess that some of the new brokers have taken away business from TTS.

I'd guess that some of the new brokers have taken away business from TTS.

I think this may be the case. I just sold a contract through The Timeshare Store. Commission is 10% while other broker's offer significantly less. I was tempted to list elsewhere but have a long relationship with TTS as both a buyer and seller. Always had very good experiences so decided to go with them despite the higher cost. Contract sold in a day for almost full price so I was happy. As always customer service through the entire process is excellent so worth the extra cost I believe.

However, owner's may be choosing to list with other broker's to take advantage of their lower commission charge.

Competition is the best!

Well, the new guys seemed to have different, higher prices in mind and I think raised the going prices for DVC. So sellers have all benefited - lower commissions and higher selling prices.

Well, the new guys seemed to have different, higher prices in mind and I think raised the going prices for DVC. So sellers have all benefited - lower commissions and higher selling prices.
Interesting. Had no idea of such, because I haven't really stalked the pricing before. But I too noticed that the Timeshare Store has very few listings that would interest me as well. I'm just hoping for a buyer's market to come around soon toward the end of the year.

I agree, competition and rental brokers. People who may have sold their contracts in the past now hold on to them and rent out reservations.

:earsboy: Bill

It is a sellers market and things just are really moving quickly. I don't believe that they even have time to update their inventory because everything sells before hitting their website.

This. I stalked TTS for an AK 100 point contract and it wasn't listed for possibly 5 minutes and I quickly made the call and put in the offer a few weeks back. I was actually surprised it didn't get an offer faster than mine!

Things seem to be moving fast. I spoke with a guy earlier this year and his advice was to keep my eyes peeled and get an offer in right away if it looked like the right contract.

This. I stalked TTS for an AK 100 point contract and it wasn't listed for possibly 5 minutes and I quickly made the call and put in the offer a few weeks back. I was actually surprised it didn't get an offer faster than mine!

The Contract that we just bought never hit the website. I got a text message of its availability and my wife called right away. The broker she spoke to didn't even know about it yet. It had just been listed by another broker.

We just bought a SSR 150 or contract from them. Our offer was accepted in July and we passed ROFR 18 days after it was sent to Disney. We got the notification a couple days ago. We put an offer in as soon as we saw the listing.

It appears that DVC resale market does their listings real time as the text alerts I get link back to the updated website. Our contact was changed to offer accepted hours after we agreed on a price. It's nice to see actual listings and real time updates as the other sites look a bit like bait and switch. "Well you liked this one, but sorry you just missed it, we have this one over here for a bit more". The only problem is that the agreed price was not the one reported on the site as "accepted". I wish they reported the actual agreed upon price, but I understand why they don't.

Mike

Just received DVC resale market's latest email. Demand assumptions tells me that high prices have not slowed down buyers. I noticed they have a 150 point BWV contract posted. No points until 2019. This contract can be yours for only $115/point.

Last edited:
Just received timeshare stores email with virtually nothing in it. From post above it looks like they've had market share taken by others due to lower commission? With so many players now in the market will we see continuing decline in commissons as the competition continues?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!