The Transatlantic ruined cruising for me!

Plaid Princess

Recovering CM, Pilot in Training
Honestly, before our first Transatlantic cruise last year, I was skeptical about the longer cruises. Now I want to book something between now and our PC cruise next year and I just can't talk myself into paying almost the same price for a 4 day cruise as I did for the 11 night TA. :rotfl2:

I would love to see more specialty long cruises like these once the new ships debut!

Have done the WBTA and EBPC and six other 7-night cruises with DCL. We, too, have been "ruined" and will probably never see the inside of the Dream unless it changes its itineraries. The new ships may change everything.

I agree the Transatlantic cruises are the best. I've completed two of them and I look forward to the doing another one, however I'm a little disappointed with the current itineraries and less days (11 instead of 14).

I know what you mean! I feel the same about the WBPC. I have been on a 7 night Eastern and a 7 night Western since and it just isn't the same. We have a B2B 7 night Southern with a 4 night Eastern for January/ February planned so I'm hoping that will be a little better than the 7 night cruises. I'm hoping to do the TA in Spring 2020.

We did the WBTAs in 2015 and 2016. Each was 11 nights. We're booked on this fall's 14-night EBPC and next spring's 13-night EBTA. Longer cruises are great. Now when we book shorter cruises, we need to do two b2b to get enough ship time (two 5-nights b2b this coming January) but that is typically more expensive. We also prefer the classic ships, although we've sailed on the Fantasy twice and DW has been on the Dream once. Even the 7-night Fantasy cruises seem too short.

I Love the longer cruises, there are so many "extra" things they do for us on all those sea days.......
My favorite was the behind the scenes tour of The Walt Disney Theater.

A trans-Atlantic cruise is still a cruise, so how is cruising ruined for you? Maybe you've been spoiled from ever taking a short cruise, but you still enjoy cruising, right?

We enjoy longer cruises too, and don't want to cruise on the Dream until they have longer itineraries. Loved doing the Panama Canal and Hawaii on the Wonder.

The Panama Canal cruise was awesome. A whole day of sailing by land and other ships, seeing wildlife in the lands you pass and relaxing in the pool. They even threw a BBQ on deck.

I could live on a ship -- I love the ocean. Best set of days on a cruise was on the Magic -- 24 days -- 10 day Med cruise and then the 14 day Transatlantic (all in the same room). Loved all that time on the ship -- and six whole sea days. We never get bored and just love the relaxation of sea days.

That is crazy that a 4 night cost almost the same as an 11 night! I hope to one day be able to do a TA.Maybe I'll win the powerball tonight lol

I was shocked myself! We had friends that called us and said they were doing the TA, and I pulled it up on the website to see what the ports were. When DH saw the price he said "book it." Granted, this was right after they released the prices, and it did get higher as we got closer, but I was still shocked with the bang we got for our buck!

We did the WBTAs in 2015 and 2016. Each was 11 nights. We're booked on this fall's 14-night EBPC and next spring's 13-night EBTA. Longer cruises are great. Now when we book shorter cruises, we need to do two b2b to get enough ship time (two 5-nights b2b this coming January) but that is typically more expensive. We also prefer the classic ships, although we've sailed on the Fantasy twice and DW has been on the Dream once. Even the 7-night Fantasy cruises seem too short.

We were on the WBTA last year too!

Definitely first read this as 'the Titanic ruined cruising for me'....

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Agree with you. We are taking cruise #16 in Oct EBPC we did the first PC. Of your cruises only two have been less than 7 days and most 10+. We went on a 3 night cruise with family and DH and I referred to it as the 3 hour cruise!

I would love to do a TA cruise because sea days are always my favorite, but these cruises are always offered when kids are in school. Only 6 more years until DS graduates, then I can look forward to that experience.

I would love to do a TA cruise because sea days are always my favorite, but these cruises are always offered when kids are in school. Only 6 more years until DS graduates, then I can look forward to that experience.
We are thinking the same thing! Our son graduates in 2 years and I've already looked at the fact, most colleges get out the first of May. So hopefully in 2020, we will get to do that TA.

There are some lines that do transatlantic and PC crossings in August. The first transatlantic we did with Disney in 2007 was in August.

That is crazy that a 4 night cost almost the same as an 11 night! I hope to one day be able to do a TA.Maybe I'll win the powerball tonight lol
What we paid for our upcoming TA is very close to what we paid for our first cruise which was a 3 night on the Dream (holiday cruise)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter