The trip that I introduce my family to DLP - TR - 5th to 9th Jan 2016

Fingers crossed! Golden Forest sounds ideal for you. And it's close enough to walk too, just a few mins past HNY. If you go at the end of Sept you'll see some of the Halloween decorations going up :-)

:goodvibes We need a new ticker - permission granted and trip booked :cheer2:

Will do a new PTR soon - just had to tell someone. Can't wait to tell Catherine on Wednesday. :cool1:

I'm feeling pretty sad this weekend as we should be in DLP but on a positive note I took Catherine to fracture clinic on Wednesday and her hip is healing well and she doesn't need to go back for 3 months. :thumbsup2

Life has been a bit of a blur for the past month or so. Catherine was only out of hospital a week after her hip fracture when she had a seizure in bed beside me on a Sunday morning and was readmitted to hospital for what was almost another 2 weeks. She had several more seizures in hospital and is now being treated for epilepsy on top of all her other complaints. I am so lucky in that my work have been brilliant about the time I had to take off and, although I was prepared to take unpaid leave to cover what I needed above what was left of my annual leave, I didn't need any and actually have a few days annual leave left. :goodvibes

I found that having spent most of the last month in hospital I had more money left in my account this month than usual so rang today and paid off the balance on our January trip rather than leave it until November. Feels good to have that done. :cool1:

Only 3 months to Christmas :santa: and our trip will be so soon after that. :flower1:

I was thinking about you both this weekend as I knew it should have been your trip :hug: :hug: It's nice that you've got another trip to plan. Feels good when it's all paid too :thumbsup2

Let's hope the next few months fly by and you're back at Disney soon :goodvibes

aww, you are going back, cant wait for your trip report, I have booked for the end of February :)

Thanks Julie. :hug:

Thank you BadPinkTink. This trip has been planned for a year. It's with my kids and grandchild so will be very different from my trips with Catherine but lots of fun too. The value in Jan and Feb is too good to miss. :thumbsup2

I was thinking of you too. Maybe if you buy that AP you'll be able to get another trip in to make up for the one you missed.
Would you like a Mickey harness backpack for Tyler? My two have outgrown it and it's sitting her idle. :-)

Thank you very much Dee. :hug:

I will definitely buy myself an AP in January - we won't have a meal plan so the savings from meals alone will go a long way to paying for it. :thumbsup2 Then when Catherine is ready to go back, I will book a trip for 1 adult and add myself at check in. She's not going to be up to staying offsite and travelling on the RER or by shuttle bus. Perhaps then I will be able to persuade his mum and dad to let me bring Tyler back for a short break, just the 2 of us, towards the end of next year. :goodvibes

Thanks also for the offer but I bought Tyler a ::MickeyMo backpack with reins in Boots a few months ago. It will be in his :santa: box from me along with the rest of his Disney themed clothes and goodies I've been collecting for him for almost a year. I even have clothes put away for his 2nd birthday next May from the Disney Store's last sale. :rotfl2:

I'm sure he'll have competition for that but it will be loads of fun. Must sort it all out and see what I have forgotten I have. :rotfl2:

So I bought Tyler a lovely Mickey snowsuit in the Sports Direct flash sale recently. It was reduced to £10 so even with their unavoidable p&p cost was a bargain. Unfortunately the biggest size was 18 - 24 months and it is neat on him so I've given it to him now and told his mum not to keep it for January as it won't fit. I also offered to unpick the seam on the feet and hem it so it just covered his shoes but she refused so he can only wear it in the buggy atm. Had to share some pics of my little cutie. :goodvibes

Thanks ladies, I think so but then I am biased. :goodvibes

So it's been hectic here - Catherine had several more seizures Friday night / Saturday morning a week ago and ended up in hospital again for a few days while they adjusted her medication. I was so disappointed for her as it had been more than 5 weeks since the last seizures but all we can do is hope they get the balance right each time. I had her at an appointment during the week with the GP who wrote the "fit to travel" letter we needed for the court to give the okay for me to spend her money on the September trip and she was very positive about me taking her in the spring again. I'm looking at ESC for the 2nd week in May to coincide with Aristocats Brunch which we missed in September. I really can't plan that far ahead for Catherine but I have decided to book with the 15% deposit and then if Catherine isn't up to the trip I'm told Disney will allow me to move the deposit to another booking. Even if Catherine can't go again hopefully I could take Tyler back. I'm just waiting to check the price on the French site (which I read will have those dates available from 4th November) before I book.

So back to planning for January - I sorted out all the Disney clothes I have been putting away for Tyler for the last year. There's more than I'd remembered. He was here for a few hours yesterday evening so after his bath I tried on his ski suit. He was not a happy bunny.

It's big but not ridiculous which is a relief. He cheered up immediately I took them off but I couldn't try on any more after that.

This was from Very and was part of an order with £30 off when you spend £50. I bought a long sleeve black T shirt and black tights to go under it.

The Christmas PJs were in the Disney Store sale in the summer - £9.95 I think.

I bought the backpack and reins with Boots points.

These were in Next half price sale a month or so ago. They're a size bigger than he is wearing at the minute - hope they fit in January.

I bought the DD bodysuit in the San Francisco Disney Store. It was on a sale rail for $4.95.

These were from Sports Direct, £3 each.

This was in H&M's summer sale.

George at Asda's sale £1.95.

Sports Direct again - both tracksuits were around £10 each

And these were George at Asda's sale last January.

Socks were half price from Mothercare - £3 a pack

And these were all in the Disney Store sale for half price or less.

A big Disney Store bag for life just about holds it all. I have a few books to add but that is Tyler's Christmas present pretty much sorted and he won't be wanting for Disney themed clothes on holiday.

What a lucky boy! I'm sure Mammy and Daddy will be delighted with that haul! And fair play to you for getting all the bargains!

I'm sorry to hear Catherine has had more seizures. I hope they can get the meds right for her. Good plan for May. Hopefully she will be able to go. When will you book flights?

Thanks Dee.

I won't book flights until much nearer the time, March at the earliest, as they're non refundable and non changeable. My plan would be that if she's well enough by the beginning of March I will put everything together and ask permission from the court to go ahead with the booking. Depending on how things are with regard to seizures I may want to ask another family member to go with us this time for some extra help if needed. I'll have to wait and see.

But I can get ESC for 4 nights for 1 person for £820 or 2 people for £926 at the minute so I think it's worth going ahead with a booking to lock in that price. I plan to get an AP in January so would book for 1 person and add myself on at check in but it may be as well to book for 2 in the event that my brother or son will come with us to help.

Irish prices are available and aren't much different than the UK ones at this stage but I read today that French prices won't be available until December so will go ahead and book on the UK site for easiness.

2 months today. :cool1: So I gave the kids all the information on the character meal options the other evening and asked them to choose 1 and they have surprised me by choosing Inventions. :cheer2: I'm over the moon as I really thought they would choose Cafe Mickey which has a much more limited menu.

We're there Tuesday to Saturday so I think I'll book Inventions for Wednesday or Thursday evening at 6 and if we don't get to meet the characters we'd like [Mickey is a must] I can then book Cafe Mickey breakfast for our last morning. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!