The trip that I introduce my family to DLP - TR - 5th to 9th Jan 2016

Great price for ESC! pity they don't do characters at breakfast anymore, Catherine would have loved that. Anyway you're dead right, go for it!

Yay for Inventions! I just love the food there. And maybe you can have a sneaky Glowtini afterwards.

You'll probably be able to meet Mickey during EMH? We got lovely photos with Mickey & Minnie together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Dee. :hug: What a lovely photo of you all. Was that a photopass one? The quality is superb. :goodvibes

I will be up for EMH most days though not sure the kids will but I plan to take Tyler in if he is up and they aren't. :thumbsup2 We can get some quality grandma/grandson time together. :cool1:

I have thought of a snag about the May trip. It's Tyler's birthday on Monday 9th May. I really want Aristocats Brunch though - I'm going to check with his parents today whether they would agree to have his party on Saturday 7th rather than Sunday 8th. Fingers crossed. :blush:

I have thought of a snag about the May trip. It's Tyler's birthday on Monday 9th May. I really want Aristocats Brunch though - I'm going to check with his parents today whether they would agree to have his party on Saturday 7th rather than Sunday 8th. Fingers crossed. :blush:

Mark said they will most likely have his birthday party the Saturday after his birthday so we would be back by then. Phew - diplomatic family incident averted!

Wow, Anne, you're like a ninja Disney shopper! Love all that stuff!

Hope Catherine is on the mend :hug:

Good price for HNY, well done on booking it.

Love your idea for EMH for spending good Disney quality time with Tyler - that's exactly what Lewis and I do and we have a great wee routine going now :thumbsup2

Thanks Julie :goodvibes Poor Catherine just goes from one disaster to the next at the minute. Seems like all I do is keep fix each one then wait for the next one. Yesterday she injured her right arm. Is very sore and immobilised in a sling. We're snuggled up on sofa with the heat on full blast and when she's tired of CBeebies we'll start into the Disney DVDs. :grouphug:

I meant to say last night that I have booked Inventions for the Wednesday evening after Dreams. Hopefully with a nap Tyler can make it through to dinner at 7.30.

I also rang yesterday and paid the deposit for the ESC trip in May. Not going to do a new ticker until nearer the time as I can't be sure we will actually get there. :)

Hi everyone :wave: less than 3 weeks before we go now. I'd be really excited if I wasn't up to my eyes with Christmas stuff. I finally got the tree up on Sunday and it's lovely and "disneyfied" with all my Disney decorations and the Christmas train I ordered on Toy Tuesday from the Disney Store with 24% off. I had intended to get a real tree this year but time was so short I just dragged the hated artificial tree out of the attic and put it up instead. I keep saying that I must get a really good artificial tree in the sales and get rid of this one but I keep forgetting.

Some Disney tree photos.

There was a bit of drama earlier in the week when I asked the kids for their passport details to check us in online and John, my eldest, admitted his had expired and he hadn't sent the forms in for a renewal yet. :rolleyes1 He'll be 25 in February so is way too old for such nonsense. I had to resist doing the Irish Mammy thing and dropping everything to sort it all out for him and just told him I wanted him to come but wouldn't cancel the trip if he couldn't and that I was checking the rest of us in regardless. Thankfully he has risen to the occasion and went to Dublin today and paid double the normal price for an emergency passport! Now I just have to hope he gets it back from them before my last day in work so I can print his boarding passes. Worst case scenario though I can save them to the phone. We're flying Ryanair so checking in at the airport would be another ridiculously expensive option for him.

Hard to believe that this time next week it will be Christmas Eve and we'll be getting ready for :santa:. I was very lucky and happened to call into the Disney Store on the morning they reduced a lot of Christmas stuff by 50% and got Tyler and Catherine one of the huge red Christmas sacks each. They are beautiful - so soft and luxurious. Also got everyone a 2015 glass decoration at 70% off and beautiful Minnie Mouse PJs half price for Catherine and I to wear on Christmas Eve. Gotta love a bargain.

Talking of Santa I took Mark, Ruth and Tyler shopping in Belfast the first Sunday in December. I couldn't resist buying Tyler this gorgeous jumper in H&M. I have a Christmas Pluto for his stocking too.

and then we went to visit the man himself. Tyler was very wary of him and wouldn't sit on his knee - very sensible!

Catherine went to see Santa with my brother and his kids the same weekend.

She injured her arm last month and had to keep it in a sling which did wonders for her mobility (not) but thankfully it has healed perfectly now and the sling came off last Friday. It will be interesting to see how she gets on over Christmas - last year she was a bit overwhelmed by her presents. I think she struggled to see them as hers because there were so many and they were all unfamiliar.

Will wish you all a very Happy Christmas now. I'll hopefully be back to this before we go.

:santa: :drinking::santa: Slainte! :santa: :drinking: :santa:

Love the Christmas train! I'm sure you'll be buying more decorations in DLP to add to your collection, it's addictive isn't it?

Glad to hear that John got his passport sorted and Catherine got her sling off. It's all systems go now!

Thanks Dee. Yes, it is addictive and I'll be on the lookout for more when we go. Hope you're all sorted for Santa x

You need a new ticker Anne! ;-)

I need a new ticker for November, Dee but probably have to lose May's or at least rethink it. Need to get home and find out the score but won't be taking Catherine in May. Mostly packed and looking forward to our last day tomorrow. :)

Just catching up - oh my goodness, I hope Catherine's on the mend!!!! What's your plans for May now then?

And that Disney train looks very familiar! ;) Does your squeak as it goes around the track?? We need to get some oil on ours I think.... lol

C x

Thanks C. Don't think my train squeaks, it is bloomin noisy though. I couldn't wait to turn it off on Christmas day after Tyler left - he wouldn't let it go off at all, wee pet was fascinated and so good, he didn't touch it - just watched wide eyed.

Haven't had time to think about May yet. Catherine unfortunately had several seizures over the Christmas period and hasn't been at all well since. She now needs more care than her residential home can provide so we are moving her to a nursing home on Monday. She's not mobile enough to come home for the weekend and has had a pressure sore so is confined to bed with a pressure mattress. The physio team are coming in to try to help her get back on her feet. She's very weak after 10 days in bed.

She had no comprehension when I tried to explain to her this evening that she's moving on Monday. I'm heartbroken at the decline in her dementia but really hope the move is a positive one for her and that she picks up.

Oh no. So so sorry to hear that. I know sometimes change can be scary for people in her situation, but maybe a new environment, and obviously the increased level of suitable care, will be positive as you hope. Thinking of you both. (and often have done even while I've been away from this board with the baba for the past 5 months!)

C x

Thank you C. I'm really hoping she settles quickly, so sweet of you to think of us. How are you and the baby doing? xxx

Hi Anne, just catching up ( as ususal) and so sorry to hear about Catherine. Hopefully she'll pick up and feel more comfortable soon. Take care x

Hi Anne, just catching up ( as ususal) and so sorry to hear about Catherine. Hopefully she'll pick up and feel more comfortable soon. Take care x

Thanks Julie, fingers crossed. Yesterday was long and tough on her but I'm hoping it gets easier. x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!