The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

The DIS boards coming through once again! :disrocks:
Thanks!

In all this planning, I am not always scheduling breaks back at the resort. I'm starting to think this might be stupid. I figure MK days it'll be easy to grab the boat back to WL, but AK days? I just don't know. I dread the bus! Thoughts?
We def take breaks when we are at MK, it is super easy to do going to WL. We usually don't take a break when we go to Animal Kingdom. It is kind of far. But it can be a long day.

Just read through all of your PTR! Looks like you have an amazing trip planned! As for hotel breaks, I feel like the buses midday are so much more manageable. They're usually far less crowded than in the morning or night so I don't think you have to worry to much! I never really "plan" for breaks either but rather let the day flow. If I feel that I need to take a moment, instead of beating myself up about it that I'm "missing" something I just take that break then and I usually feel much better for it!

Well hello, and :welcome:

You are so right about feeling better after a break. I'm always refreshed from the ac and calm of the room. I'm just such a crazy planner! I seriously want to be more chill about our days, I want to enjoy this trip, and not be a crazy nut the entire time, lol!

Thank you!!

Happy to try and help! The purchase we made was such a great investment.

Looks good!!

Thanks! Even if I've already changed one or two. :rolleyes1

I think you benefited from it being your fourth park day, but congrats on that!

For sure, 110% percent. I have been sorta watching that Wednesday night, just to see and was seeing FP in the evening through yesterday, when I last looked. I really hope they extend hours...

As you know, we are very big break people. And no it isn't just for the boys...and it isn't just for naps bc some days we swam. It was mostly to get out of the heat...it can be horrible midday...and to get out of all the stimuli. To have quiet and no crowds and just sit down and relax in our own "space".

But you have a shorter trip than us and not everyone is into the break thing...so it truly is up to you and what you think is best for your family.

The Florida heat is oppressive! You're so right about getting away from it all too. Plus DH would probably appreciate some quiet time mid-day. I am seriously considering just finding a quietly, shady spot in AK for a break on Sunday though... we'll see what happens when we get there. I can plan to my hearts content but who knows what will actually happen.

Thanks!

Any time! I hope you guys get some, I still trade from that one lot we bought in 2015.

We def take breaks when we are at MK, it is super easy to do going to WL. We usually don't take a break when we go to Animal Kingdom. It is kind of far. But it can be a long day.

Right? It's gotta be the longest walk out of any park, then it's probably the farthest from WL as well. BUT, like you said, 12+ hours in a theme park is a lot! I'll probably head back to the room almost every day we're there, almost.:goodvibes

Right? It's gotta be the longest walk out of any park, then it's probably the farthest from WL as well. BUT, like you said, 12+ hours in a theme park is a lot! I'll probably head back to the room almost every day we're there, almost.:goodvibes
My strategy this year for AK is our lunch reservation is at 1:00. So, that will get us out of the sun & heat for awhile. And I was debating about getting fast passes/ or going to see one of the show after as well. Hmmm, I should look to see which is closer to Tusker House, prob FOLK. @Elandon - trip report, they went to Nomad Lounge, and it looked super relaxing! I have to remember that option as well.

We tend to do the same for Hollywood Studios, and in the past we just find a cool place, grab some snacks and drinks and just sit down and rest.

My strategy this year for AK is our lunch reservation is at 1:00. So, that will get us out of the sun & heat for awhile. And I was debating about getting fast passes/ or going to see one of the show after as well. Hmmm, I should look to see which is closer to Tusker House, prob FOLK.

This is what we did for our AK day, though very impromptu. We were super hot in the middle of the day, so I grabbed a last-minute reservation for Tusker House around 2. It was a perfect break. We hit FOLK sometime later for another break.

My strategy this year for AK is our lunch reservation is at 1:00. So, that will get us out of the sun & heat for awhile. And I was debating about getting fast passes/ or going to see one of the show after as well. Hmmm, I should look to see which is closer to Tusker House, prob FOLK. @Elandon - trip report, they went to Nomad Lounge, and it looked super relaxing! I have to remember that option as well.

We tend to do the same for Hollywood Studios, and in the past we just find a cool place, grab some snacks and drinks and just sit down and rest.

This is looking like my plan for our second AK day. The first day we have split with an evening in Epcot, so I'm gonna use that change as our "rest" I figure if DH wants to go back to WL he can and DD and I can ride the monorail around a bit, while she naps in her stroller. Then again, my heart wouldn't break if we didn't get to see Illuminations, so even if she doesn't nap this day and instead goes to sleep early we will be fine.

I would not have thought of Nomad Lounge! Gotta check out her TR...

This is what we did for our AK day, though very impromptu. We were super hot in the middle of the day, so I grabbed a last-minute reservation for Tusker House around 2. It was a perfect break. We hit FOLK sometime later for another break.

That's a great idea! Glad you were able to snag the ressie last minute; quite a thing to do sometimes! I'm working on dailies now, especially since we have our FPs in place. I'll post a few ideas, see what you folks think!

Gotta Vent a Little
Still working through our daily plans, and have some input now from DH as well. Not a lot of time this week as Thursday is our 6 year anniversary and it's gonna be big! Can't share too much now, but will do so after the fact. :duck:

Any who. I booked FP for my little unit (DH, DD and me) then two days later I booked for mom and sis. I knew that SIL and co. had planned to rent a house off property and wouldn't do FP for another 30 days. So, as a courtesy, I emailed them my spreadsheet for FP so that they could try and get some times with us. Her reply? "We don't have tickets yet, probably won't get them until mid-late August."

Ok, fine, it's your vacation.

:scared:

I will not be waiting 60+ minutes to ride Peter Pan if she dilly-dallies and can't get a pass. That's all I'm gonna say.:rolleyes:

Still haven't booked plane tickets, cause ya know, I live on the edge. I'm waiting for Friday for another set of point vouchers to come through. I tell ya, flights are pricey! I'm going with Southwest cause while Frontier is less expensive, you've gotta pay for every step, and I will never fly Spirit again, as long as I live. So Friday morning I'll book and attach the Magical Express.

Working hard on our costumes and I hit a wall. I used an old button down shirt to create a cape for DH, but the color is not right. I tried to re-dye it but it's still too light. A friend suggested I try a black dye wash and see if that darkens the material, but it might be a scrapper, or the color might be off, lol! Also considering redoing DD's top. The shirt I got to resize is just too big. I've ended up deconstructing the entire thing to use it for material and start from scratch. I'm thinking I might just dye a tee of mine and form it into a little dress for her.:faint:
My costume is done; gotta love jeans and a tie-dye tee-shirt! :hippie:

I've been looking into grocery delivery for some snacks and juice. We decided to just buy new filtered water bottles instead of buying a case of water. That way we have less to lug around in the parks; a mistake me made in March. The pricing on the deliveries is higher than I'd like it to be. Even stuff like Instacart. We are considering a Costco trip (we're members) and just packing the snacks in our luggage.popcorn:: I know they're gonna get searched, but I usually get searched anyway, so nothing new there. :confused3

That's about it for now. Feels like a lull before we actually get ready to go. I should hole my tongue there though; I know I'll blink and it'll be September and I'll be in frantic tizzy to get stuff done! LOL!

TTFN friends, hope all is well in your worlds.:wave:

So, as a courtesy, I emailed them my spreadsheet for FP so that they could try and get some times with us. Her reply? "We don't have tickets yet, probably won't get them until mid-late August."

Ugh. I can't even imagine waiting that late. There's so much to do!

I will not be waiting 60+ minutes to ride Peter Pan if she dilly-dallies and can't get a pass. That's all I'm gonna say.:rolleyes:

Good for you!

We are considering a Costco trip (we're members) and just packing the snacks in our luggage.

We got stuff from Boxed and packed it in our luggage. I thought about having stuff delivered, but like you said, it seemed like a lot for delivery!

This is a test

nGiHvdxShA6Ug87vyxujhnUINixs5DyP1b40VF7JeZw-Pq04-XidnSsWRQpptMlRKR8LE_GSV-LwEEoFJ3LQJ4wyFwKhj91anRKOOysd-EA2_dbbi3lV2Z-TkQN0du4Dy5QOpxJW

Stupid Friggin Photobucket

Well, as you can see I've fallen prey to the scam that is photobucket. I have a flikr (sp?) account from 100 years ago when I had a tumblr, but I'm having trouble getting into it. In the mean time, y'all are getting my giant photos!

flezV6eaQENj8odp0rcP_N0ODdsxQDD4v6r1AElry8CvEn1JHrwTDf3AcSgRy3tXW54rBBM8V0GzsCYNUvW9ISlRjzcvWIpBN2Hhf4qfxNNujnzRR-exMCUgpDKlJTnnmN9tgt9m

In case we're not friends on Facebook or Instagram you'll be surprised to know that...

I GOT MARRIED LAST THURSDAY!!!

ZOXNpSnrWvwSPUkmAqY8AusZ6t88vTOLiIaCjrg3Iqr6Ek0xHy3mRgBTk__jMXi2mdOZBOdY87zMJTyFdn2NdZreHiONkcI46iCR-fk4mT0k7OJ22hUrby770tq5aSnDcCYjOkyH

Kind of a funny story. See DH, and I can really call him that now, like legally, any way. Guido and I had always planned to get married, but then we had Elora and then we moved to Pompano, and then to Michigan. So yeah, life just kept happening. Well about a week ago we're talking about our 6 year anniversary and he's like maybe we should get married. So we looked up the cost of going to Niagara, ya know, Jim and Pam style, but it's more than we can spend if we're gonna pay for this Disney trip. So we found an officient, asked a friend to be a witness and snap a few pics, bought rings on Etsy and we get to keep our anniversary forever!

Our family's were SO happy; I mean we put it off for 6 years! Plus, this way no one felt left out. None of our granparents are able, or willing, to travel as they are all well into their 80s. Impressive, I know, we still have 6 between the two of us! But yeah, we'd have to have two weddings, or do what we did! So that's my big news. That and this:

e3fb5ICwnFhhtvMgKMYJRRl4JEkTbS-F0xsn1gT727CZoWgsOnE1hXXYpH0CeaA40S-mOyQ5681UPVmi9BqVDtPddg2vrSyMoz1kv3LzVA2dRDHbnWLWte-_RQIqYHZPynypaZPB
jExM27pObfedTyzyJ_U8oI4HGX3fa02oC3HsLi-EMtfmE93Mo6IgISNb-xquRgwqZmwf-JJ3veJn5nFpagUfxPnpGAgGv-zTIFMexfNPUzdrFYGcJmKy9oBKVxILz0_vyrfDAjoS
wl3Zfb5MxwgiJWzs8N-sSBE9O3t69VuaAxnY10UKacyg06CBlglrM_aWUVYrJS_bHeXHaD339MuTntr2uJVpidpOxbA_IFq0FuMKkX59CEA5bZ-lmNLhY-9IIY3bDDcEiyBP1HOW
lattwAvWpqlhFtZTCTjhLNfn76srIj1HebMPjVoR_mc7lTXGsThKq0ouxxMdlRvS-qSCWmfCsDtztRa3k5MRPtKREkYYAugPFLWQFkVgvqar0FBUcPwxZksbIJFl5p8HvzoKcl_h

Costume progress! The color on the shirt I'm turning into a cape and the green dress are more vibrant in person, the light in my house sucks. I've also made some progress on DD's top, but I don't have a photo. I made a major misstep on it, and will just have to live with it. I made the front and back of the shirt each come to a low point, but upon looking at Danni's actual top, it comes to a high point... Whatever, I'm not resewing the thing. I am not much of a seamstress, actually this is my first attempt, outside of bunting for my baby shower, but still the shirt has been hard for me and I'm not willing to go back.

I'm 48 days from this trip, and I feel like I will never be ready to go! bare with me while I fix this photo debacle.

TTFN friends! Stay well!

Ugh. I can't even imagine waiting that late. There's so much to do!

RIGHT?! The part I don't get is initially she was psyched to plan this with me. Admittedly she's got stuff going on, but who doesn't? I digress.

Good for you!

It's really not me, I'm a people pleaser. But DH wants to have fun. As he put it, I planned this out so we could do a lot of stuff and not take forever doing it. All this planning won't go to waste.

We got stuff from Boxed and packed it in our luggage. I thought about having stuff delivered, but like you said, it seemed like a lot for delivery!

Good to know! I was thinking like cereal bars, fruit snacks, etc. Milk would be my only issue, cause DD is basically a calf, but I figure I'll get one at the resort and then ask my sister to bring over a gallon. The cost for the deliveries is a little nuts. We are considering a prime delivery, if we want to sign up for it. DH may be using it for business more often which would make the purchase a smart choice. We shall see.

CONGRATS! Very cool that you did it on your anniversary so you get to keep the day :-)

Thanks! DH is terrible with dates, like he forgets our child's birthday, this should help him remember our anniversary. LOL!

Can't wait to hear about it! Congratulations!

Congratulations! That is super exciting!

Thank you, thank you! It was our perfect day.

Oh no! I hope Photobucket ends up having to shut down when everyone stops using them :rotfl:

RIGHT?! LIke why would I pay $400 a year for your photo share when others are free?

:laughing: back in the day I used to have a tumblr too!

LOL! Gone the way of MySpace now!

Congrats!

Thanks! :cloud9:

My Friend Flickr

Now that I've figured out my Flickr account, let's do an update!

I won't bore you with life details, let's just do Disney! I figure I will do daily plans, about once a week here on out. As always, I'm open to suggestions!

Here We GO!!!

Tuesday September 5th; Travel Day
Our flight leaves from Detroit at 10:30 AM. Haven't decided yet if we will park in the long term parking or take a shuttle; cost is about the same.

We have a layover in ATL where we change planes, and I'm freaked out about this. I feel like this will make losing a bag a bigger possibility. Since I've never flown with a kiddo, I'm nervous about the stroller and stuff too. Does anyone know if I need early bird check in to ensure I'm next to DD on the flight? We're flying Southwest and I'm not sure I wanna fork over another $100 for a closer seat, but then again I'm not sure I want to walk to the back of a plane with my handsy toddler touching everyone on the way.

gross

We should land by 3 PM in MCO, where we will take a photo with this for the first time:

We will then figure out where we catch the Magical Express! Seriously though, I've been in MCO once and I was coming home from Vegas so I have no idea where anything is. Help me. I think we need to go downstairs? I'm hoping there's a sign or I get some info once the luggage tags arrive. DH is psyched on not getting our bags, so I will have some stuff in my carry on for the pool.

I figure we get to WL about 4:45 PM or so, check in, as I don't like to online check in, check out our room and then chill! We seriously have zero plans for this evening. I'll have to grab the resort activities flyer once we arrive, but I figure DD will want to swim, I will want to drink and DH will probably want to work, as usual.

QS dinny, maybe even room service (DH's idea, not mine that business is expensive) and early to bed cause Wednesday we hit MK!!

I'll leave it here for now. Any all suggestions are welcome!

TTFN! Be well!

PS I may not be able to switch over all my images here, so bare with me!

Does anyone know if I need early bird check in to ensure I'm next to DD on the flight? We're flying Southwest and I'm not sure I wanna fork over another $100 for a closer seat, but then again I'm not sure I want to walk to the back of a plane with my handsy toddler touching everyone on the way.
So, we have flown Southwest with the girls. They will board Group A (which is basically everyone who paid the extra $$) And then if I remember correctly, they will board families with young children next. Or it might be after Group B but I don't think so... I think it is after Group A. They want you to be with your kid and they don't want to have to ask people to shift around too much. So, I wouldn't fork over the extra money. The back of the plane does end up being the family section, but I personally I don't mind. Other kids are loud so if mine get loud, it's all in the same place... If you did want to be up front, that would be why you would want to pay the extra.

We should land by 3 PM in MCO, where we will take a photo with this for the first time:

YEAH!!!!
I have to admit, we never take our picture in front of it. I am too ready to find Magical Express and get to Disney!

We will then figure out where we catch the Magical Express! Seriously though, I've been in MCO once and I was coming home from Vegas so I have no idea where anything is. Help me.
So, they used to give you a little map with your luggage tags. Not sure if they do or not still. BUT, if you are standing and looking at Mickey in your photo above, I believe you go to your LEFT, straight down the escalator one level. And then you need to go down one more level, either by the an elevator that takes FOREVER!!!! or the stairs right next to it. If you take the elevator, when you come out of the elevator, turn to your left again and Magical Express is all the way at the end. If you take the Stairs you need to hang a right. That bottom level has all of the rental car desks as well. There are signs. I think they have gotten better with the signage over the years. The trick is there is an A side and a B side. ME is on the B Side, I believe. A & B look almost exactly the same once you are down on that bottom level.

Our very first trip, we kind of wondered aimlessly for awhile. But we found it. And have your magic bands or at least one ready! They will scan it there to see what resort you are at. It will be your first scan of the trip!

Can you believe how soon you go!?! I am getting excited now that we are under the 60 day mark. It will go by fast!

Don't blame you one bit! Crazy how some people just don't get it and just think you can wing it! Which I get you totally can but I'm sure she will expect to be able to do everything y'all do!

I've been looking into grocery delivery for some snacks and juice. We decided to just buy new filtered water bottles instead of buying a case of water. That way we have less to lug around in the parks; a mistake me made in March. The pricing on the deliveries is higher than I'd like it to be. Even stuff like Instacart. We are considering a Costco trip (we're members) and just packing the snacks in our luggage.popcorn:: I know they're gonna get searched, but I usually get searched anyway, so nothing new there. :confused3
Have you looked into prime now? I am not a prime member but I have a family member who is and willing to order for us. It's a 2 hour delivery and free for prime members. From everything I have read there is no charge for the resort to handle it because it's like the grocery delivered services but not like prime pantry and other items that are "shipped". Still confused a little on this but planning on trying it out for September because this is the first time I'll be flying in a while. We are flying southwest also and I plan on taking 2 checked bags because I don't pack lightly. :rotfl:

I GOT MARRIED LAST THURSDAY!!!
Congratulations!!!!:jumping1:

We will then figure out where we catch the Magical Express! Seriously though, I've been in MCO once and I was coming home from Vegas so I have no idea where anything is. Help me. I think we need to go downstairs? I'm hoping there's a sign or I get some info once the luggage tags arrive. DH is psyched on not getting our bags, so I will have some stuff in my carry on for the pool.
I just got my ME tags in and it has an exact map of MCO and a dotted red line to show you how to get right to ME. I'm a nervous about getting through MCO but surely we won't get to lost.

Does anyone know if I need early bird check in to ensure I'm next to DD on the flight?

I say no. Our experience down, we had A boarding passes, so we boarded when it was our turn in A. Coming back, we had B boarding passes, so we boarded with the families between A and B. The only annoyance on the way back is that they would only let my husband and I board with our son, and my mom had to board when it was her turn with the B boarding pass.

We will then figure out where we catch the Magical Express! Seriously though, I've been in MCO once and I was coming home from Vegas so I have no idea where anything is. Help me. I think we need to go downstairs? I'm hoping there's a sign or I get some info once the luggage tags arrive.

Since you're flying Southwest, you'll go back past security, turn left, and then yes, go downstairs. And walk what seems like a mile because you're JUST! SO! EXCITED! That's my experience anyway. You will receive something with your luggage tags that gives more specific directions.

So, we have flown Southwest with the girls. They will board Group A (which is basically everyone who paid the extra $$) And then if I remember correctly, they will board families with young children next. Or it might be after Group B but I don't think so... I think it is after Group A. They want you to be with your kid and they don't want to have to ask people to shift around too much. So, I wouldn't fork over the extra money. The back of the plane does end up being the family section, but I personally I don't mind. Other kids are loud so if mine get loud, it's all in the same place... If you did want to be up front, that would be why you would want to pay the extra.

I'm so torn. I'd rather have that extra cash for stuff, but then again it may be worth the convenience of getting off the plane faster. Gotta see as the coming weeks, well, come!

YEAH!!!!
I have to admit, we never take our picture in front of it. I am too ready to find Magical Express and get to Disney!

Really? I see it in everyone's TRs, but I've never seen it in person. I'm excited to add it to our photo list. But I could totally see skipping it to get to Disney world already!

So, they used to give you a little map with your luggage tags. Not sure if they do or not still. BUT, if you are standing and looking at Mickey in your photo above, I believe you go to your LEFT, straight down the escalator one level. And then you need to go down one more level, either by the an elevator that takes FOREVER!!!! or the stairs right next to it. If you take the elevator, when you come out of the elevator, turn to your left again and Magical Express is all the way at the end. If you take the Stairs you need to hang a right. That bottom level has all of the rental car desks as well. There are signs. I think they have gotten better with the signage over the years. The trick is there is an A side and a B side. ME is on the B Side, I believe. A & B look almost exactly the same once you are down on that bottom level.

Our very first trip, we kind of wondered aimlessly for awhile. But we found it. And have your magic bands or at least one ready! They will scan it there to see what resort you are at. It will be your first scan of the trip!

Good to know! DH is still a smoker so once we're off the plane he will beeline it to the outside, no wandering for us. I've read there's a map, so I'll probably use that, and hope for the best.

Can you believe how soon you go!?! I am getting excited now that we are under the 60 day mark. It will go by fast!

I can not! I still feel like I have a million things to do, and I'm running outta time! Then again, I'm almost in my happy place. So close, but still so far away!

Don't blame you one bit! Crazy how some people just don't get it and just think you can wing it! Which I get you totally can but I'm sure she will expect to be able to do everything y'all do!

Exactly! She's gone with her other in-laws before and each time she complains about missing stuff cause the don't plan, and yet here we are. She recently told me her husband might not come, but not to change plans yet... I feel like this is a bit of that's to come and I'm afraid.

Have you looked into prime now? I am not a prime member but I have a family member who is and willing to order for us. It's a 2 hour delivery and free for prime members. From everything I have read there is no charge for the resort to handle it because it's like the grocery delivered services but not like prime pantry and other items that are "shipped". Still confused a little on this but planning on trying it out for September because this is the first time I'll be flying in a while. We are flying southwest also and I plan on taking 2 checked bags because I don't pack lightly. :rotfl:

When we consolidated our credit a few years ago we had an amazon Visa on it, and its caused trouble in getting the PRIME membership, not sure why but looking into it is more work than its worth. My step mother has one, maybe she'll let me use it... I'm worried about packing. I always over pack, but I'm not sure I have enough luggage to do so this trip!
Congratulations!!!!:jumping1:

Thank you!

I just got my ME tags in and it has an exact map of MCO and a dotted red line to show you how to get right to ME. I'm a nervous about getting through MCO but surely we won't get to lost.

You got your tage already?! I added ME late, I wonder if I should call and make sure it's all linked up...

I say no. Our experience down, we had A boarding passes, so we boarded when it was our turn in A. Coming back, we had B boarding passes, so we boarded with the families between A and B. The only annoyance on the way back is that they would only let my husband and I board with our son, and my mom had to board when it was her turn with the B boarding pass.

Cool! I hope we have the same luck. Since it's just us three, hopefully they'lol keep us together.

Since you're flying Southwest, you'll go back past security, turn left, and then yes, go downstairs. And walk what seems like a mile because you're JUST! SO! EXCITED! That's my experience anyway. You will receive something with your luggage tags that gives more specific directions.

I.
Can't.
WAIT!!

It's so real now!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter