The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Okay, so I am behind. I've just been so lazy because it is hard to catch up with the Dis on my ipad now and its practically impossible to reply, so I have to pull put my computer and i just haven't done it!

Anyway, congrats on getting married!!! YAY! How exciting!

Also, have you looked into Amazon Prime Now for delivery? $20 minimum and free 2 hour delivery! Its great if you have Prime!

Okay, I need to go back and read your last update...

Hey, you will be semi close to me when you have your layover! I mean, I'm like 30-45 from the airport but you'll be in the vicinity! :)

Yeh, I have only ever flown to Disney twice in 16+ trips so I haven't really ever had the luxury of the sign photo, either. Maybe if it is just Chad and me on a quick weekend trip, we will look into it, otherwise, I don't see it happening.

You are getting closer!!!!

I just added it maybe two weeks ago. Once we officially secured a discount for our room.

I added ours about that time as well; we booked flights late. I hope I get them soon!

Okay, so I am behind. I've just been so lazy because it is hard to catch up with the Dis on my ipad now and its practically impossible to reply, so I have to pull put my computer and i just haven't done it!

I know it! The iPads hate the DIS, almost as much as the phones.

Anyway, congrats on getting married!!! YAY! How exciting!

Thanks!

Also, have you looked into Amazon Prime Now for delivery? $20 minimum and free 2 hour delivery! Its great if you have Prime!

We had PRIME but when we consolidated our credit a few years ago it was dropped (it was an Amazon Visa) and we've had trouble getting it back. I hate dealing with their "service" department on the phone...

Okay, I need to go back and read your last update...

:thumbsup2

Hey, you will be semi close to me when you have your layover! I mean, I'm like 30-45 from the airport but you'll be in the vicinity! :)

Cool! I have a few friends in the ATL area, always liked that city. Maybe when we have a longer layover we could meet for lunch or something! We will likely be flying through there quite a bit from now on.

Yeh, I have only ever flown to Disney twice in 16+ trips so I haven't really ever had the luxury of the sign photo, either. Maybe if it is just Chad and me on a quick weekend trip, we will look into it, otherwise, I don't see it happening.

If I still lived close I would never fly. I actually hate flying and I feel like humans aren't supposed to be in the air like that. At least not this human; I bloat like a water balloon from the pressure. DH is on baby duty for our trip cause I have to medicate myself or else I'm uncomfortable for like 3 days after a flight. Ugh, I'm dreading it, can you tell?

You are getting closer!!!!

SO close! I can almost smell the cookies on Main Street! I really can't wait!!:mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Day One Plans, and Some Ramblings

Y’all know I love to make changes, but especially budgetary ones. The cost of our airfares is killing me, and was about $400 more than I thought it’d be so I started to crunch numbers and see where I could save. I was actually able to rebook the exact same flights for a little over $100 in savings, not great, but every little penny counts.

So now I’m mulling over a Dining Plan change. We got the plan for convenience; DH loves the idea of not paying for anything other than tips when we dine. BUT DD is a toddler, and although she’s a good eater, I just don’t know if I see her using up all those credits. We do have a number of buffets booked; CP, WCC (cause we get the big share plate), Akershus, and Chef Mickey’s, so for those the plan really makes sense to me. But what about QS meals? Will she really eat an entire kids portion or is it feasible that if DH and I each get something she’d just share with us? I’m just not sure. I may cancel it and then re-add it before the 72 hour mark. Thoughts?

On to the fun stuff;

Wednesday September 6th

MAGIC KINGDOM

I’m hoping for a “rope drop” and that should be totally doable, since we will have spent a relaxing evening in the hotel. I know the rope drop is now an entrance into Main Street (weird) so I figure we’ll take along some cereal bars and the like to nosh en route to MK and while we wait for the new welcome show. The plan is to get close to the west side of the Castle so that we can get in line for Peter Pan first thing.

Basic Plan:

Meet Tiana and Rapunzel 9:50 AM

Crystal Palace 10:35 AM

Enchanted Tales with Belle 11:40 AM

SDMT 1:45 PM

Not too keen on how late that Mine Train ride is, so I’m still looking to change that. I currently fear the FP+ system as Disney has been dropping last day passes for some folks who booked FP+ for their party days. It’s a complex situation, so I’m a little scared I’ll lose my last day passes if I mess around too much.

Either way, we will get done what we can in Fantasyland this morning/day. DH and I agree that DD will likely make it to about 2:30/3 PM before she’s just done, so we plan to head out of the park about that time.

Here is where we disagree on plans. DH wants to go to the hotel and rest, then hit MK for EMH that evening. I wanna go to AK, then maybe hit EMH at MK. We are gonna play it by ear, but I told DH that I’m going to AK, with or without him. I gotta see Pandora at night, and I just don’t know if I will have that opportunity at another point in the trip, especially once the extended family arrives.

Still no word from them, btw, and at this point I’m not even sure if my brother-in-law is coming. There is now also a chance my sister’s boyfriend won’t be joining us either. I told everyone I just need some advance notice so I can adjust dining. These people!

Today we are 41 days from this vacation!!!

I’m almost done with the bulk of our costumes for MNSSHP, still working on a few details, but I should be just fine to put everything in my staging area, aka the spare room, before mid-August. I’m a bit concerned on how DH will be received in a dress, but it’s knee length and he’ll have pants underneath…? I just don’t wanna be told we can’t come in, but it’s clearly a satirical costume, thoughts?

That’s all from me, for now. I’ll keep you guys posted on how things progress this month.

TTFN friends! Be well!

I was actually able to rebook the exact same flights for a little over $100 in savings, not great, but every little penny counts.

$100 is a good savings!

Will she really eat an entire kids portion or is it feasible that if DH and I each get something she’d just share with us? I’m just not sure. I may cancel it and then re-add it before the 72 hour mark. Thoughts?

It was not worth it for us this trip, and DS was under 2 and free (but also very picky). Neither DH nor I are big eaters, though. The characters buffets are EXPENSIVE, though, so if you have those, it makes it a better deal. With a big group, don't forget that you can use your credits for other people as well. Nobody is going to make sure you're eating the food.

WOOOOOO!

But what about QS meals? Will she really eat an entire kids portion or is it feasible that if DH and I each get something she’d just share with us? I’m just not sure. I may cancel it and then re-add it before the 72 hour mark. Thoughts?
It totally depends on how you would order stuff if you didn't have the dinning plan... For us, we would be ordering almost the same with or without the plan. With two girls, they almost NEVER agree on sharing something. And they basically like the opposite things. And my girls are not adventurous enough to share with me.

But also remember the QS you aren't set on doing all of DD as "kid" meals. You can get adult sizes for all QS... We like to get a adult breakfast platter for the girls to split each morning. It stretches the QS a bit to "get more" for our money. So, you could use the credits for you guys as well to fill in that 3rd meal of the day.

The plan is to get close to the west side of the Castle so that we can get in line for Peter Pan first thing.
Good plan. Peter Pan at rope drop is perfect. The Que is great but not worth 90 minute wait.

Enchanted Tales with Belle 11:40 AM
This is one of my favorites! I think I like it more than the girls!

Still no word from them, btw, and at this point I’m not even sure if my brother-in-law is coming. There is now also a chance my sister’s boyfriend won’t be joining us either. I told everyone I just need some advance notice so I can adjust dining. These people!
Ugh! Family! I want to do a family trip but it this is what scares me from doing it.

OMG!!!! It's getting close! Little by little, right?

The cost of our airfares is killing me, and was about $400 more than I thought it’d be so I started to crunch numbers and see where I could save. I was actually able to rebook the exact same flights for a little over $100 in savings, not great, but every little penny counts.

The cost of airfare has been terrible this year! Like double what we usually pay. I got our last 2 trips earlier this year at a good cost by booking the day they were released (We usually fly Southwest and they release the fares on a certain date), but I've been looking at booking a weekend thing sometime in Dec or March, and plans have been nixed so far because the airfare has been crazy high from the moment it comes out! I'm really hoping this pattern doesn't continue when they release airfare for our trip dates next year. They've also been releasing them so early it's hard to have plans made. We don't get our time off approved till Jan, but Southwest is already releasing next year's fares this summer :confused3

Will she really eat an entire kids portion or is it feasible that if DH and I each get something she’d just share with us? I’m just not sure. I may cancel it and then re-add it before the 72 hour mark. Thoughts?

I'm not sure we don't see a value in the DDP, but if we had more people in our party it might work out to be a savings.

:cheer2:

$100 is a good savings!

Right? I'll probably put it towards a trip to Miami to meet my niece in November!

It was not worth it for us this trip, and DS was under 2 and free (but also very picky). Neither DH nor I are big eaters, though. The characters buffets are EXPENSIVE, though, so if you have those, it makes it a better deal. With a big group, don't forget that you can use your credits for other people as well. Nobody is going to make sure you're eating the food.

Kids are odd, With the TS dining the plan makes sense, but idk if that's enough for it to be cost effective. Good to know I can buy other folks their meals though!

WOOOOOO!

:jumping1:

It totally depends on how you would order stuff if you didn't have the dinning plan... For us, we would be ordering almost the same with or without the plan. With two girls, they almost NEVER agree on sharing something. And they basically like the opposite things. And my girls are not adventurous enough to share with me.

But also remember the QS you aren't set on doing all of DD as "kid" meals. You can get adult sizes for all QS... We like to get a adult breakfast platter for the girls to split each morning. It stretches the QS a bit to "get more" for our money. So, you could use the credits for you guys as well to fill in that 3rd meal of the day.

DH and I feel like if we both got an entree, she'd eat off our plates, for sure and then we could use her credit for b-fast. But what if I want an appetizer, and a drink more than anything else?? Ugh, I love the convenience of paying ahead, but idk if it suits our needs right now.

Good plan. Peter Pan at rope drop is perfect. The Que is great but not worth 90 minute wait.

We skipped PP in March, for our one day visit, so she's never been, and I've never seen the new queue!

This is one of my favorites! I think I like it more than the girls!

I have to see if I can get the video of DD up here. She was SO cute for this show! Belle is her favorite princess.

Ugh! Family! I want to do a family trip but it this is what scares me from doing it.

If you don't mind ditching them, you'll be fine. My mom and sis are easy; they'll do whatever I suggest, but the in-laws? OOF, tough crowd. My plan is to stay calm and simply keep saying "this is what we are dong, you are welcome to join us."

OMG!!!! It's getting close! Little by little, right?

RIGHT?!?!?! we are nearing the 30 day window now!!!

The cost of airfare has been terrible this year! Like double what we usually pay. I got our last 2 trips earlier this year at a good cost by booking the day they were released (We usually fly Southwest and they release the fares on a certain date), but I've been looking at booking a weekend thing sometime in Dec or March, and plans have been nixed so far because the airfare has been crazy high from the moment it comes out! I'm really hoping this pattern doesn't continue when they release airfare for our trip dates next year. They've also been releasing them so early it's hard to have plans made. We don't get our time off approved till Jan, but Southwest is already releasing next year's fares this summer :confused3

I read anatricle that for most domestic flights, buying at 56 days out offers the best deal, but even that was like $800. With gas prices being low, driving is cheaper, but I am not doing a day in the car before Disney. Nope, nope.

I'm not sure we don't see a value in the DDP, but if we had more people in our party it might work out to be a savings.

For us it's the convenience of not having to think about it. Just order. But with DD it's complicated cause she'd just as soon order grapes and water for lunch... Discovering I can pay for other people may be the reason we keep it though, that and finding out I can buy an adult meal with a kid credit... We shall see.

:thumbsup2

This is Halloween, Sorta

So much crazy to report! I’ll go over day two plans below, but first some wild Disney stuffs.
We are going to the Halloween party this year, and like any other year (well, the one time I went in 2015) I booked all my FP+ for my park tickets and then I booked my FP+ for my party night. I made sure all three passes fell between 4 PM and 7 PM, cause there aren’t passes during party time and they let you in the park at 4 PM, right? WRONG!
I get this weird, obviously computer generated, email:

obPXBdI8-zylFqfSJNYXo7ylNiuMigT-ixtNULvREBLDMj5JF5lE9u6ki16qyE5p_6i4X84yoUqSyn7oCkPZ1Ek9lJGT9OlwU5tFRl4feheX3X5OV-DW9b0ymy61GkTsimGxrLPa

So I call, like a good little guest and speak to IT. Well, they have no idea what’s going on. Almost two hours, and three CMs later I am told I can have FPs from 4:30 PM-6:30 PM on my party day which will allow me to keep my passes on September 11th. Great! I go into MDE, adjust my passes down from 3 passes 3:30 PM-6:30 PM to 2 passes 4:30 PM-6:40 PM.

Well, bright and early on July 31st I check my account and my September 11 FPs are gone. So again, I call. From 9 AM-11:30 AM I was on the phone trying to find out what the heck was going on. Apparently there are no longer passes allowed for party tickets, there actually have never been, but the computer system is only able to tell the difference this year, so some folks are losing their passes…

After this insane phone call I was able to recover my passes for September 11, but the passes for our party dates had to be cancelled. To add insult to injury my mother graciously offered to pay the final portion of our trip, got charged twice by the system and neither payment actually went through. Well, at this point, I was done. I wrote an email to guest services, just explaining how frustrating it is that we have to plan and plan all this stuff in advance, but then policies change and nobody actually knows what’s allowed. I mean, I’d been through 5 CMs, and while they were all super kind, not one of them gave me the same answer as another.

Last night I got a phone call from Audra (ext 5273198), the nicest woman ever. She and I talked and she assured me I could book two passes for our party night, between 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM. She told me if I had anymore troubles, or needed anything she was my girl.

That all being said, here are our day two plans:

Thursday September 7th
MNSSHP!!

Basic Plans:
Whispering Canyon Cafe 2 PM ADR
HM FP+ 4:10 PM-5:10 PM
Barnstormer 5:30 PM-6:30 PM

We will likely go to lunch in costume (I’ll post photos below) then take the boat to MK after we eat.
Get in line for Jack and Sally M&G
-Tag Team: Tiki Room/Magic Carpets of Aladdin
-Tag Team: purchase popcorn bucket and an official party pin!
7 Dwarfs M&G
-Tag Team: FP - Barnstormer
-Tag Team: Start some Trick-or-Treating; Pete’s Silly Sideshow
Head towards Tomorrowland for Dance party
Cross hub towards Adentureland for PP locations
-Boo to You Waltz Dancers
Trick-or-treat through Adventureland into Frontierland, maybe a ride on Pirates during the first parade
PP of Hitchhiking Ghosts near Splash (after the parade passes)
PP of Headless Horseman near Haunted Mansion
Grab a spot near Walt Statue for Fireworks
-Tag Team: Treats from the Plaza
Hocus Pocus Castle Show
Hallowishes
MS on Main Street; as many as possible
Stay near the bakery for the second parade. Will likely duck out right after

And there ya have it! I’m hoping DD will sleep in this morning so she’s not a total grump for the party. We may adjust plans to see the first parade if she gets up before 10 AM. She’s a night owl like her daddy, but after 12 hours awake, she can be a little monstress.

I’ve been working diligently on our costumes and I have some updates:

DD as Dani Denision:

IMG_8127

I made a HUGE error on the shirt and inverted the front and back on accident. But I don’t think it’s such a huge deal, and I don’t want to start over, so it’s staying as it.

DH as Winfred Sanderson:

IMG_8129
IMG_8130
Untitled

You can’t tell but he’s very excited about this costume, lol! I made some stencils yesterday to put along the sides of the purple on the dress.

IMG_8131

We’re still not sure about the cape for the party. It will be hot, so he might melt in it, but I’m still working on it, so we shall see. I’ve also never sewn anything other than buttons and bunting so this was a challenge.

My costume is pretty simple; tie dye shirt, jeans and a ball cap, mostly to hide my hair, which I’m growing out. I may just cut the front and leave it in a pony. I need a cut any way, but IDK.

Trip is 4 weeks and 6 days away! I still have to buy a few things specifically I want to get this for DD:

Untitled

She loves Belle but rather than get her a princess dress up dress, I thought she’d like this one and could get some more use out of it, cause it’s not so costumey. The other stuff is boring; new compression socks, meds, snacks, etc. I do need to order red hair spray for DH and the witch hat for DD. Will likely do that today.

Oh! DD and I also made this:

Untitled
Untitled

We got the craft on clearance at Michaels. After she was done making it I added the lettering and the countdown papers; thank goodness for Modge Podge! She hasn’t seen it, as it’s only for 10 days. I don’t think she’ll do well counting down much more than that. We did one for 20 days before we got to see daddy during the move. She destroyed it about halfway through and shouted “Let’s go see daddy!!” So not sure the concept is totally understood yet. LOL!

That’s all from me this week. TTFN friends, be well!

So I call, like a good little guest and speak to IT. Well, they have no idea what’s going on. Almost two hours, and three CMs later I am told I can have FPs from 4:30 PM-6:30 PM on my party day which will allow me to keep my passes on September 11th. Great! I go into MDE, adjust my passes down from 3 passes 3:30 PM-6:30 PM to 2 passes 4:30 PM-6:40 PM.
OH No!!!! That is terrible! I will have to keep an eye out for our fast passes! I hope the ones you booked stay!

We did one for 20 days before we got to see daddy during the move. She destroyed it about halfway through and shouted “Let’s go see daddy!!” So not sure the concept is totally understood yet. LOL!
Ha. Poor thing. Counting down is hard. If only it was that easy.

Your costumes are looking good! Glad to hear you got everything straightened out for your FP's on party day. Hopefully everything will go according to plan!

Wow...what a disaster with our Fastpasses! Glad you got it all straightened out. It's great when you get an extra super CM. When we had to cancel & re-book our trip and I didn't have the gift cards anymore (lesson learned!), I had an extra super CM who called me to follow up. I find most CM to be good, but some just go above and beyond!

I knew that SIL and co. had planned to rent a house off property and wouldn't do FP for another 30 days. So, as a courtesy, I emailed them my spreadsheet for FP so that they could try and get some times with us. Her reply? "We don't have tickets yet, probably won't get them until mid-late August."

Ok, fine, it's your vacation.
Good luck... just as long as you make it clear that you're not handcuffed to them once you're there.

In case we're not friends on Facebook or Instagram you'll be surprised to know that...

I GOT MARRIED LAST THURSDAY!!!
Congratulations!!!!

ell, as you can see I've fallen prey to the scam that is photobucket. I have a flikr (sp?) account from 100 years ago when I had a tumblr, but I'm having trouble getting into it. In the mean time, y'all are getting my giant photos
Ok... I'm gonna ask... what happened? I've seen references to photobucket problems during the time I've been away. I use PB, and probably should go back and look to see if there's something going on with my pictures?

The cost of our airfares is killing me, and was about $400 more than I thought it’d be so I started to crunch numbers and see where I could save. I was actually able to rebook the exact same flights for a little over $100 in savings, not great, but every little penny counts.
That's a nice chunk of change... worth the effort.

That's frustrating. For all the difficulties I had with planning, at least I knew how many people were going to be there!

After this insane phone call I was able to recover my passes for September 11, but the passes for our party dates had to be cancelled. To add insult to injury my mother graciously offered to pay the final portion of our trip, got charged twice by the system and neither payment actually went through. Well, at this point, I was done. I wrote an email to guest services, just explaining how frustrating it is that we have to plan and plan all this stuff in advance, but then policies change and nobody actually knows what’s allowed. I mean, I’d been through 5 CMs, and while they were all super kind, not one of them gave me the same answer as another.
So frustrating. I'm kind of annoyed by the whole over planning thing, and I'll get into that in my TR, but they just demand so much planning from us, and then like to throw curveballs that completely screw your plans up! So frustrating.

OH No!!!! That is terrible! I will have to keep an eye out for our fast passes! I hope the ones you booked stay!

I have been assured it won't happen again, but I've also been told that this year is the last time party tickets will have FP associated with them...?

Ha. Poor thing. Counting down is hard. If only it was that easy.

We've been watching movies and talking about what we're gonna do to get excited without it being an actual countdown. I wish it worked like that too; I'd never have to wait!

Your costumes are looking good! Glad to hear you got everything straightened out for your FP's on party day. Hopefully everything will go according to plan!

I hope so too, at least sorta on plan. I'm not married to our itinerary or anything, but it'd be nice if there wasn't some crazy Disney curve-ball thrown at us, like usual.

Wow...what a disaster with our Fastpasses! Glad you got it all straightened out. It's great when you get an extra super CM. When we had to cancel & re-book our trip and I didn't have the gift cards anymore (lesson learned!), I had an extra super CM who called me to follow up. I find most CM to be good, but some just go above and beyond!

Right? We've since had more trouble, but I get to that in my next update...

I have saved Audra's number into my phone and she will be my contact from here on out! All the CMs are nice, but having one who really knows what is going on is such a blessing.

Good luck... just as long as you make it clear that you're not handcuffed to them once you're there.

MMMM, this story has taken a bad turn. I'll give more details in the update, but I've already had to adjust a few things for changes they've made... I may have also sent a snarky email about our plans.

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you!

Ok... I'm gonna ask... what happened? I've seen references to photobucket problems during the time I've been away. I use PB, and probably should go back and look to see if there's something going on with my pictures?

Apparently PB has changed it's terms of service and is no longer allowing unlimited photo sharing on third party sites. You are now required to pay something like $400 for a yearly subscription to be able to share your photos on third party sites, like the DIS and other blogs. I switched over the Flickr. If your pics haven't been taken down yet, it's likely only a matter of time, unfortunately.

That's a nice chunk of change... worth the effort.

I'll say! It'll cover parking or a ride to the airport, at the very least!

That's frustrating. For all the difficulties I had with planning, at least I knew how many people were going to be there!

And there in lies my issue. I get that stuff changes, but how can you require that we set our plans 180 days out, then decide 30 days out to change the entire park schedule, add a show and close down three attractions? How is that fair to your consumers? Especially in the large groups. A reservation for 11 is like impossible to find!

So frustrating. I'm kind of annoyed by the whole over planning thing, and I'll get into that in my TR, but they just demand so much planning from us, and then like to throw curveballs that completely screw your plans up! So frustrating.

MMHMM, and with groups over like 3 you have to plan, unless you wanna do QS, which may be how we play it in the future. DH lost it this time around, which I'll cover in my next update. Usually he doesn't mind that I pan these trips, cause I enjoy it, but this was stressful! We don't plan to return until at least 2019, and I'm sad to admit, I'm looking forward to the break; this has honestly been the most difficult process.

Four Weeks Away!
I can't believe it's almost here!!! Four short weeks, or 28 days and we will be boarding a plane to Walt Disney World! Woo-hoo!!

This process has really been anything but easy. Granted we had some major changes mid-planning, since we moved across the country, but I've never had the problems liek I've had this time around.

Firstly, Disney troubles. My mother, graciously, offered to pay off the final payment for our trip. I had been using the DVA to put money away, she'd used it a bit too. When it closed she saw how much we needed to pay off and said she'd take care of it. Yeah, not so simple. Firt she tried online, and three times the card declined. BUT three times the final amount was put on hold in her account... $360.91, times three, so now tiny amount.

So she called the next day to try over the phone. Same thing, three more times. Calls her bank thinking it's them, well it's not. It's something where Disney is pulling the funds, then cancelling the payment. So we get the supervisor of credit services. He tries twice, SAME THING! At this point my mother has close to $3000 on hold and inaccessible in her account. Disney send a fax to her bank to allow them to immediately release the funds, but federal dictates the funds have to be held for 2 business days. My mother so so mad! She goes on this tirade about how costly these trips are and how much trouble we've had and how is she supposed to pay for her trip now and just lost it on this fella, not mean, but very upset.

The credit CM she'd been working with listens, intently, and offers to drop the final payment on my room and extends her due date by two weeks. Greatly appreciated, but we agreed, something is going wrong with their computer system. I know they just had some massive update but by golly, this was awful. And so time consuming. Between the two of us, we've spent so much time on the phoen about this trip it's easily been an excess of 24 hours. Everyone we've spoken to has been kind, and understanding, but it really seems like there is not a ton of communication between cast members. Like what one says is totally different from what another might say.

Then, icing on this little cake, My SIL and her family have decided not to come for as many days. September 8th is my MIL's birthday, so I booked the dinner at Akershus that night, and ordered a cake for her and Elora (cause that's E's birthday dinner as well). Well now they're not coming. And the only reason I know is cause I asked SIL to pitch in for the cake. She was like "Oh, I forgot you did that, sorry, but I on't think we'll be coming up until Saturday, maybe Sunday." Ya know what? Fine. If I hear a single word about how we need to see each other more I'm gonna lose my mind. DH said to just roll with it; if they wanted to be there they'd make the effort, cause at this point I've contacted them every step of the way. He did sorta say I told ya so, but as kindly as possible. We agreed we won't be planning a vacation with that group again anytime soon.

Well, with all that behind us now, we are both have our rooms paid in full, our group received our ME documents and our MBs shipped this morning!! YAY!!

Onto some fun stuff, plans!

Day Four
Friday September 8th
AK morning, EPCOT night

FP:
Finding Nemo First show 11 AM
Everest 11:40 Am-12:40 PM
Kali River Rapids 1 PM-2 PM

ADR:
Akershus at 7:55 PM

I figure we'll sleep in a bit this morning cause we have the party Thursday night, but I am hoping to be at AK by 10 AM. Elora has never slept past 9 Am, unless she was sick, but then again she's never stayed up at the MK before, so we shall see.

We'll walk to Nemo, then let E will get a chance to play some of the Fossil fun games and check out Dino Sue while we take turns on Everest; my mom and sister are with us this day. Aiming for lunch at Flame Tree, followed by the first show of Flights of Wonder, this is DH's favorite show. Kali after the show. DD is 39" tall, but idk if she'll be willing to ride this one. She says yes from the YouTube videos, but we'll see. We'll do the Maharajah trek, tough to be a bug and the Oasis exhibits then we'll head out.

I wanna pop into the hotel before we go to EPCOT for the evening. I'm hoping we can score a Frozen FP for before or after dinner. We'll see after Kali, or before if Elora decides not to ride.

IDk if we will stay for Illuminations, or if we will simply do dinner, A&E M&G, maybe Frozen and head home. DH figures we'll be pooped by then, which is fine cause Saturday is our off day.

That's all from me for now; DD has dumped a tub of glitter on my caret so I gotta run.

TTFN friends! Hope all is right in your worlds!

Ok, for the serious part... that's really crappy of your SiL to string you along like that. As difficult as it was planning our trip, I had no issues like that to deal with. I'm not ready to plan another trip anytime soon, so I can only imagine how frustrated and fed up you are.

As for Disney and the issues with charging your mom... that is just ridiculous. You have every right to be irate about that. Just uncalled for on so many levels. We had some minor issues with Disney's computer system in planning our trip (when we changed resorts, we ended up with double tickets on one of the rooms). It just scares the hell out of me that they want us to use MDE to plan our trip, pay for our meals, charge things to the room and we see all these issues in MDE and their computer system as we plan trips. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I actually printed out screenshots of all of our FPs before our trip just as a backup. Supposedly there was no way the FPs for my Sister's room could be applied to the wrong ticket in her MDE, which they couldn't remove and it didn't really exist. I sure as hell wasn't going to take a chance though and printed everything out for proof in case we'd need it... anyway, that's not even close to the same plane as being charged almost $3000 due to their computer errors! Still, it just doesn't inspire confidence in them, that's for sure.

Four short weeks, or 28 days and we will be boarding a plane to Walt Disney World! Woo-hoo!!

Everyone we've spoken to has been kind, and understanding, but it really seems like there is not a ton of communication between cast members. Like what one says is totally different from what another might say.

I've had the same experience when trying to fix a problem (one time with a gift card refund, and another when canceling a tour). Everyone was pretty nice, but everyone told me something different. It made a simple problem take hours to sort out.

Sorry about your SIL that sounds obnoxious!

Day Four
Friday September 8th

AK morning, EPCOT night

We'll be in Epcot that night too1

I kinda want to punch your SIL in the face for you. She obviously doesn't understand how much planning goes into Disney.

That sucks about the payment troubles, too. At least the CM tried to be accommodating for you.

So exciting that you only have 4 weeks left! Hopefully it just flies by for you and Elora isn't like my friend's daughter, who asked every day if that's when they were leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!