The TV Movie about Walt Disney?

micknpluto

DIS Veteran
I've heard in the past they might make a movie based on Walt Disney, maybe on ABC? Is this true? If not, why dont they do this? I think it would be awsome to see this. I would love to see how Walt lived from when he was a little boy up to when he created the masterpiece we all love today! I've read many books about Walt, they make so many movies about other great people, what about our hero Walt?

Somewhere in the dim recesses of my brain this rang a bell... I think someone's planning on doing a special *about* Walt Disney for the 100th anniversary of his birth. It may be planned for airing on the Wonderful World of Disney.

Anyone out there with more concrete info?

Sarangel

I remember hearing a long time ago that Walt Disney left explict instructions NOT to make a movie or a momument of him. I know that several in the family are upset with the statues that have been placed in the parks for that very reason.

Walt understood the fine line between using himself to promote the company vs. creating a cult of personality. As far as he was concerned, his films and Disneyland were he legacy and he wanted people to see THAT, not some tomb or a static momument.

Okay. Let's say they get the go-ahead to do the Walt movie. Who would you cast? As Walt? As Roy? As Walt's wife???

Any takers?

I dont know who I would cast, thats a hard one? But I REALLY wish they would do SOMETHING! We all love him so much! PLEASE, if anyone who is "anyone" reads this, make the movie!!! Oh yeah, my neighbor looks just like Walt Disney, too bad he is not an actor!:)

ahh i have one..... as Walt Disney ..- martin sheen, as roy disney- maybe charlie sheen, as his wife i really don;t know

I don't know if this is the same movie, but the Walt Disney Family Museum page talks about a documentary that is being done about Walt that will be released soon.

Jeff

MIKIFAN!! Thanks for the info!! Im going to have to go and check that out on the web site, I bet thats the same movie I heard about before!

Anybody remember Hugh Laurie (I believe that's his name)? He played Stuart Little's father in the movie. He has a sweetness and a kind of optimistic quality that would suit Walt to a "t." And he somewhat resembles the younger, lankier Walt.

Once upon a time...Dick Van **** would've been ideal, too, don't you think?

Well now, that's weird...is the web site censoring the last four letters of Dick Van ****'s name because it thinks they're naughty??? :rolleyes:

The Museum site is really a lot of fun for Walt lovers. It seems to change on a regular basis, adding new material monthly.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter