The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Checked in today for our first stay on our points! :yay: Boy, those trees have grown! :rolleyes2 Our (previously perfect) WoC view is half of what it was 4.5 years ago. I imagine Disney has no motivation to cut them? Less competition for those rooms? Also, they didn't have the same WoC music on the TV so we couldn't watch from inside. Maybe because it's the holiday version?

I was in line behind a DVC management person at the Disneyland Moonlight Magic event Nov 15, and she told me it was confirmed that there would be no DVC as part of the new hotel at Disneyland. Something to do with timeshare beaurocracy in Anaheim I think. Too bad, but I guess it means VGC will hold its value!
I was at VGC this week and I was discussing with a CM about how I haven’t yet stayed in a studio and she told me to hold out for the new hotel because it would have DVC studios and 1 bedrooms (no 2 bedrooms). But she said it was still in planning stages so it could still change.

Success! Our first DVC stay will be at VGC in July! Was able to book a studio for the 3 nights we wanted at 7 months! So incredibly excited - surprising the kids at Christmas to tell them (they don't even know we bought DVC yet). Now to study up on room requests (and figure out how to put in a request through MS).

Thursday Nov. 15 2018

Does anyone know what is happening on this date? All unit types completely booked already.

Thursday Nov. 15 2018

Does anyone know what is happening on this date? All unit types completely booked already.
Yes the DVC Moonlight Magic event. Info was released a couple of weeks ago. There is a link on the main DVC webpage if you scroll through after the Add on offer page. Looks like lots of VGC owners want to go to the event! (myself included - we booked a 1 bedroom awhile ago)

We booked a studio at 11 months for Nov 15th apparently seconds ahead of many others who wanted the same.

We have a two wait-lists out there for Feb 17-18th and May 19th (have 18th & 20th booked) and a booked 2 studio reservation for Fall Break in October. We will be at DLR this Fri-Sun, Jan 12-15th, Feb, May....Too bad these are not DVC, but we only have so many points...:)

Mike

I was at VGC this week and I was discussing with a CM about how I haven’t yet stayed in a studio and she told me to hold out for the new hotel because it would have DVC studios and 1 bedrooms (no 2 bedrooms). But she said it was still in planning stages so it could still change.

If that's the case, I would expect them to be lockoffs to form 2 bedrooms.

Ok, just emailed in our room request for our five night stay in a 2 bedroom in June. Was email the right way to do this? And are these still good recommended rooms:

6500, 5500, 5506, 4500, 4506, 3522

Anything else I should be doing now? So excited!

Yes the DVC Moonlight Magic event. Info was released a couple of weeks ago. There is a link on the main DVC webpage if you scroll through after the Add on offer page. Looks like lots of VGC owners want to go to the event! (myself included - we booked a 1 bedroom awhile ago)
So it looks like I have to cancel my Nov 10-16, 2018 1-bedroom reservation at VGC, and we won't be able to go to Moonlight Magic this year. On the RAT it looks like Nov 15 is the only unavailable date. Let me know if anyone wants to try to pick it up for a Moonlight Magic trip, and we can coordinate my cancel time!

I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback about the pull down murphy bed in the 1 bedrooms? Would this be comfortable for an adult? Is the bed a standard sized twin bed? Originally I was going to give the pull down bed to my 5 year old daughter. But we are staying with 5 people and my sister wants her own bed. Thanks for any insight!

I was wondering if anyone can give me some feedback about the pull down murphy bed in the 1 bedrooms? Would this be comfortable for an adult? Is the bed a standard sized twin bed? Originally I was going to give the pull down bed to my 5 year old daughter. But we are staying with 5 people and my sister wants her own bed. Thanks for any insight!

Depends on the adult, I'd say. My DD is 5'8", and about 135 pounds, and is comfortable on it. It's basic, but better than an inflatable mattress in her opinion.

My mom thought the pull down was more comfortable than the pullout sofa. Seemed like a decent mattress and large enough for a small-medium size adult.

My mom thought the pull down was more comfortable than the pullout sofa. Seemed like a decent mattress and large enough for a small-medium size adult.

Thanks for the input :) My sister is 5'4" so I assume she will be ok with it. I really don't want to change the reservation to a 2 bedroom when we only have 5 people.

Thanks for the input :) My sister is 5'4" so I assume she will be ok with it. I really don't want to change the reservation to a 2 bedroom when we only have 5 people.

I'm 5'5" and have slept on it. If you really stretch your legs will go off the end and it's not very wide but if she's a fairly quiet sleeper it should be fine. Much more comfortable than the sleeper sofa IMO.

Timeshare store has a VGC listing for $195 a point-100 points, partly stripped. First listing I’ve noticed since prices increased-wow. Wonder if they’ll get it?

Timeshare store has a VGC listing for $195 a point-100 points, partly stripped. First listing I’ve noticed since prices increased-wow. Wonder if they’ll get it?

The smaller point listings are popular, but I doubt they will get $195. Maybe if it were 50 points.

I felt like it was shorter than a typical twin. So my 7 yo was fine in it and my 6 ft son was on the sofa bed (which was fairly comfortable, he's picky).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!