The waiting for Disney blues

Princess Jeanette

Earning My Ears
Just venting...the last time I was able to go to Disney was in 2002. My fiancé and I are getting married in July. Due to budget constraints, we are going to wait to go on our Disney World honeymoon/anniversary trip. With all of the upcoming changes (rumored and otherwise) for the MK 50th and Epcot 40th (possible Spaceship Earth major closing), I’m thinking that we should just wait until 2022 or 2023 to go since DF has never been there and I want him to experience as much a possible.
I’m bummed out though thinking about waiting that long. I listen to Disney ride music on YouTube and lurk on these boards in the meantime.
Can anyone else relate?

Last edited:
I remember having to wait 6 long years between when I fell in love with Disney as an adult and when I was actually able to afford a trip to Walt Disney World. It's tough! But I wonder if you guys might not want to go earlier than that just to be able to celebrate your wedding/anniversary without having to wait so long. There is still PLENTY of cool stuff to see and do at Walt Disney World right now. And going before all that stuff starts will take the pressure off to see it all. Honeymoons (and anniversaries) should be relaxing!

We were married in April and delayed our honeymoon until September so we could do MNSSHP and F&W fest. It was only 5 months but I wished I had not delayed the honeymoon even that long.

I agree with lurkyloo - I'd go closer to your wedding date.

By 2022/2023 there will be other rides/shows/lands being closed, built or upgraded. As your husband has never been you do not know what will end up being his favourite experience. It could be something that is open now, but closed later.

When you go in 2022/2023 It will be a 'just' a vacation instead of something important like a honeymoon. Remember: A trip is only as perfect as you make it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!