The Walt Disney Company launches takeover bid for Disneyland Paris

Unless you your selling over 10,000 shares don't expect to get 2.01 on the open market, unless your broker is willing to wait it out for you. Plus you will have to pay all your trading fees in full if you sell that way. They may also fall into the wrong hands....

If you have decided to sell your stake in Euro Disney to The Walt Disney Company it is best to sell via the semi-centralised procedure via your stock broker.

Then if TWDC negotiate a bulk trade agreement with a large shareholder and offer them more that 2.00 per share you will also benefit. Plus you will be able to claim some of your fees from TWDC for your sale.

Last edited:
I only received my letter from Societe Generale about the semi-centralised procedure a few days ago, despite it being dated early May! Given that delay, I'm concerned that even if I send in the form today to sell, they will somehow manage to not receive it by the 8th June deadline!

I will be selling though - I only owned 40-odd shares and once you take off selling fees, I'm not going to get an offer anywhere near high enough to make a difference to me at the end of the day. Plus I hadn't actually bothered to renew my Shareholders Club membership at its last expiry anyway, so the benefits of that are less at the forefront of my mind compared to others on here who used them a lot and are really going to miss them.

Disneyland Paris shareholder Jürgen Freisler has launched a campaign for compensation for Euro Disney shareholders who lost money in the 2015 recapitalisation of the company.

Jürgen is trying to achieve a settlement out of court and his goal is to stop TWDC voluntarily “squeezing out shareholders” during the present Cash Tender Offer.

He is also seeking “free shares” from TWDC for shareholders to compensate them for their real asset losses during the 2014/2015 recapitalisation

More information here.

Can I just ask - have people received emails personally keeping them updated about all this, or do most people, like me, only know what's going on thanks to threads like this one?!

Can I just ask - have people received emails personally keeping them updated about all this, or do most people, like me, only know what's going on thanks to threads like this one?!

I haven't received and email except from Halifax offering the selling of shares to TWDC. They have until 8th June for there proposed bid, so haven't expected to hear anything until then really

Euro Disney won't be sending out updates to shareholders or club members as this Cash Tender Offer is being operated by The Walt Disney Company.

I'm updating my blog daily with the % increase TWDC own of Disneyland Paris as the information is published on the AMF website.

As of 1 June The Walt Disney Company now own 87.15% of Disneyland Paris with 682,722,883 shares.

Thanks for the replies.

I haven't received and email except from Halifax offering the selling of shares to TWDC. They have until 8th June for there proposed bid, so haven't expected to hear anything until then really

Mine are with Selftrade, but I don't receive notification emails of private messages from them, despite signing up to do so! Again, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have had a clue!!

Euro Disney won't be sending out updates to shareholders or club members as this Cash Tender Offer is being operated by The Walt Disney Company.

Have they ever sent out emails about things? I've never received one from them and just wondered if that's normal.

Thanks for the replies.

Have they ever sent out emails about things? I've never received one from them and just wondered if that's normal.

The shareholders club send out a few emails a year. Invitations to shareholders events, the AGM, round table events, film previews etc. and corporate information such as annual results.

They did send out an email in March about TWDC Cash Tender and again a link to the Offer website (https://eurodisney-opa.com/en/) when the Offer was approved by the AMF.

I am not selling my "worthless" shares. It's too much of a hassle for so little reward.

I missed the deadline :o I left it till the last weekend for Halifax and couldn't find log in details. It was a bank holiday so couldn't get in touch till the day after. Apparently it was too late by then. :guilty:
I have 100 shares and feel guilty.

I missed the deadline :o I left it till the last weekend for Halifax and couldn't find log in details. It was a bank holiday so couldn't get in touch till the day after. Apparently it was too late by then. :guilty:
I have 100 shares and feel guilty.
Are you sure you're too late? Have you spoken to Halifax? I'm sure the wording mentioned 29th but you may still be able to before the official deadline.

IMG_4691.jpg

The final results of the Simplified Cash Tender Offer launched by The Walt Disney Company for Euro Disney S.C.A. is expected on 13 June 2017 but as of today TWDC own 87.26% of Disneyland Paris

Trading in Euro Disney S.C.A. shares suspended:

Trading in Euro Disney S.C.A. shares were suspended on the Euronext Paris stock exchange as of 09:00 this morning at the request of the company.

Trading has been suspended pending the publication of a press release containing the results of the Simplified Cash Tender Offer made by The Walt Disney Company for the operators of Disneyland Paris.

The market is now awaiting the results of the takeover, which should be announced today.

If TWDC reach an ownership level of 95% of the company, they are planning to apply to the French financial markets regulator L’Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) for a mandatory take-over of Euro Disney S.CA. the owners and operators of Disneyland Paris.

IMG_4969.jpg The Walt Disney Company has been successful in their Simplified Cash Tender Offer for Euro Disney S.C.A. reaching an ownership stake of 97.08%

TWDC will now apply to the French financial markets regulator L’Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) for a mandatory take-over of Euro Disney S.CA. the owners and operators of Disneyland Paris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!