The Wave

Aj1129

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide which is better The Wave for breakfast or dinner. What do you all think? The menu looks fantastic for both meals! We’ve never been and looking forward to going this trip.

I've heard good things but the one time we went there as a last minute ADR for dinner at around 8pm the service was terrible and the food was luke warm at best.

We are trying to decide which is better The Wave for breakfast or dinner. What do you all think? The menu looks fantastic for both meals! We’ve never been and looking forward to going this trip.
I’m not a breakfast person at all. So we never make ADR’s for breakfast (we just bring breakfast snacks with us on our trips). I can speak for dinner though and it is absolutely fantastic. A great hidden gem of a one table service credit meal. Get the bacon and eggs appetizer and you can’t go wrong. They also have seasonal soups that are very good as well.

We did dinner there once and not impressed. Breakfast on the other hand has always been great

I’m not a breakfast person at all. So we never make ADR’s for breakfast (we just bring breakfast snacks with us on our trips). I can speak for dinner though and it is absolutely fantastic. A great hidden gem of a one table service credit meal. Get the bacon and eggs appetizer and you can’t go wrong. They also have seasonal soups that are very good as well.
We are going here before California grill just for this appetizer!

We were just at the Wave last Wednesday at 7PM. We had a wonderful dinner. The Bacon & Egg appetizer was wonderful. Our meal was spot on as well. Service was better then I had expected it would be. We even debated about going back later in the week we thought it was so good.

I LLLOOOOOVVEE The Wave. Breakfast is terrific! Very good selection and quality. Dinner, though, is amazing too. I love their fresh farm to table approach. So good. No matter which you choose, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

We enjoy it for breakfast (there’s a buffet) and dinner. Service on our last visit - dinner last month - was a bit off, but it was also quite crowded. Try the dessert flights - they’re quite good. The bar area is nice as well.

Try the dessert flights - they’re quite good.
I agree! We had the Seasonal Flight; Pineapple Cheesecake, Strawberry Mousse Cake, Florida Key Lime Tart. We loved the Mousse the Tart & Cheesecake were both good but the Mousse was amazing. IMG_1160.jpeg

The breakfast buffet is one of our must do meals every trip - we love, love it!! Had dinner there once and our steaks were very meh, so have no plans for dinner again.

Im sorry but I LOVE dinner at the Wave. Its my fave restaurant on property. Always a phenomenal meal there. Breakfast too! I love both so much so it would be hard for me to choose as I do go for breakfast and dinner each trip. Honestly you can go wrong with either, so i'd pick based on whats more convenient for you.

To anyone who has had breakfast at the Wave, does the breakfast buffet have an omelette station?

To anyone who has had breakfast at the Wave, does the breakfast buffet have an omelette station?
No it doesnt. They do have a made-to-order menu though...which is part of the buffet cost. I always order their lovely french toast. I do recall seeing eggs benny on there too...I think. Im not sure about the omlette though? I honestly dont know how often their menu changes though. So maybe someone who has been recently can tell us what is currently on their made-to-order menu.

They do have a made-to-order menu though...which is part of the buffet cost.

I just want to check if maybe you had a typo, the made to order menu is or isn't part of the buffet cost? Reason I ask is because the online menu lists the breakfast buffet and it's price and then has a separate section for entrees with all of their prices.

I just want to check if maybe you had a typo, the made to order menu is or isn't part of the buffet cost? Reason I ask is because the online menu lists the breakfast buffet and it's price and then has a separate section for entrees with all of their prices.
Not sure if the rules changed recently...but every time i have gone there, in addition to the buffet they also had a list of made-to-order items. They would hand you the menu and show you the items that are made-to-order. Even though there is a price listed beside it, you were still able to order it (as part of your buffet cost). I always got the french toast because they served 3 diff spreads with it...one of them being a macadamia butter. SO GOOD! :) Hope this clarifies?

Not sure if the rules changed recently...but every time i have gone there, in addition to the buffet they also had a list of made-to-order items. They would hand you the menu and show you the items that are made-to-order. Even though there is a price listed beside it, you were still able to order it (as part of your buffet cost). I always got the french toast because they served 3 diff spreads with it...one of them being a macadamia butter. SO GOOD! :) Hope this clarifies?

Definitely clarifies, thank you. Hopefully what you have experienced is still a thing because something like that would seal the deal for me and get us to go there for breakfast. We were leaning towards the Wave but the buffet offerings seemed a little bit too limited for us to pull the trigger. If it's possible to get something else along with the menu and not pay extra that would be great.

Definitely clarifies, thank you. Hopefully what you have experienced is still a thing because something like that would seal the deal for me and get us to go there for breakfast. We were leaning towards the Wave but the buffet offerings seemed a little bit too limited for us to pull the trigger. If it's possible to get something else along with the menu and not pay extra that would be great.
My last trip was about a year ago, Nov 2018....after I dined there, i heard that mimosas were no longer included in the buffet price (it was before...a sweet deal!). So im hoping someone who has recently been to The Wave can confirm that they still have the made-to-order menu included in the price of the buffet, even though the mimosa has been removed.

I love The Wave for both breakfast and dinner. If I had to choose only one, I would probably pick dinner. We always do dinner on one trip and then breakfast the next. It will be breakfast this November. It's my favorite restaurant on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter