The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hey, I'm considering Bonnet Creek for an upcoming trip. I haven't read through all the comments here as it's quite long. Just curious about why it's so much more expensive than the other resorts in the area. Does it offer more to do? Better food? Better service? All of the above?

Hey, I'm considering Bonnet Creek for an upcoming trip. I haven't read through all the comments here as it's quite long. Just curious about why it's so much more expensive than the other resorts in the area. Does it offer more to do? Better food? Better service? All of the above?

Basically it's because it is within Disney boundaries. It is a very nice complex but so are the Marriott resorts and some others.

Many of us booked timeshares at WBC through a third party. I paid about $700 for 6 nights in a one bedroom. I cant imagine many are much cheaper!

Many of us booked timeshares at WBC through a third party. I paid about $700 for 6 nights in a one bedroom. I cant imagine many are much cheaper!

Ah, that's probably the difference. I don't have a timeshare and was looking directly on their site. It's $280 per night for a 2 bedroom. If it we're $700 for 6 nights I wouldn't hesitate at all.

Ah, that's probably the difference. I don't have a timeshare and was looking directly on their site. It's $280 per night for a 2 bedroom. If it we're $700 for 6 nights I wouldn't hesitate at all.
There are many places to book bonnet creek for less, you have to shop around. The most expensive place to book from is from the resort directly.

There are many places to book bonnet creek for less, you have to shop around. The most expensive place to book from is from the resort directly.

I'll have to go back and read the thread. My biggest concern is booking through someone reliable. I've never booked this way before so it's new to me.

I'll have to go back and read the thread. My biggest concern is booking through someone reliable. I've never booked this way before so it's new to me.

I would only read the last 10-20 pages or so. There are some new Wyndham rules that are affecting the resale (renting) market. If you're within 60 days of travel you are probably safe going with most well known renters (Winpoint/Michael Sullivan, Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategy, Shelby). If you're more than 60 days out the market has gotten very slim and you might want to really commit to the research prior to considering WBC.

I still find WBC worth any hassle involved and just stayed in a gorgeous renovated 2 bedroom unit about a month ago for a song (about $140 a night compared to many sold out Disney resorts and the Swan/Dolphin clocking in over $300/night including parking). I don't think I would book directly with WBC resort but even if I did I have paid well over $280 per night for just one room on Disney property when WBC gives me the space of 2+ standard hotel rooms.

I hope this thread helps and please feel free to ask any additional questions!

I would only read the last 10-20 pages or so. There are some new Wyndham rules that are affecting the resale (renting) market. If you're within 60 days of travel you are probably safe going with most well known renters (Winpoint/Michael Sullivan, Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategy, Shelby). If you're more than 60 days out the market has gotten very slim and you might want to really commit to the research prior to considering WBC.

I still find WBC worth any hassle involved and just stayed in a gorgeous renovated 2 bedroom unit about a month ago for a song (about $140 a night compared to many sold out Disney resorts and the Swan/Dolphin clocking in over $300/night including parking). I don't think I would book directly with WBC resort but even if I did I have paid well over $280 per night for just one room on Disney property when WBC gives me the space of 2+ standard hotel rooms.

I hope this thread helps and please feel free to ask any additional questions!

I am less than 60 days out. I’ll go back and read the last 20 pages like you suggested.

How do these rental places work? I accustomed to buying straight from a hotels website or Expedia, but for these vacation rentals it seems that may not be the route to go. Does there happen to be a thread that describes how to use them?

I am less than 60 days out. I’ll go back and read the last 20 pages like you suggested.

How do these rental places work? I accustomed to buying straight from a hotels website or Expedia, but for these vacation rentals it seems that may not be the route to go. Does there happen to be a thread that describes how to use them?

This thread would be your place! The Wyndham megarenters are slightly slower than Orbitz or Expedia but you can probably google the names I mentioned and find several resources. All have been vouched for by various posters. I've also rolled the dice and bought listings on eBay but I don't know if I'd recommend that for your first stay. I also forgot to mention Farrell's Vacations. I've used them, eBay, and Shelby all with perfect results. It doesn't hurt to email a few companies and see who gets you the best quote. Many folks swear by Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategy as well. Google, contact the company, see if there is availability and what the price might be, decide if it's worth it. That's pretty much all there is to it. Of course you may come across posts suggesting to find individual renters on TugBBs or Redweek but I'd ignore those posts for now - that's WBC 201, not 101! :teacher:

And I forgot to mention... the way it works is that the "megarenters" (or in some cases individuals) own a certain number of timeshare points. They essentially scalp the reservations to us at a net profit to them (the owner), but at a rate generally much lower than available to the public via Wyndham. They book the reservation, add you as their guest, and you pay them for the privilege of being the guest. Wyndham is compensated via the timeshare points and the owner is compensated via your payment. I have always paid through PayPal for added peace of mind. Never had a problem checking in, they just swipe a CC for damage/incidentals and off I go.

One pro Tip: the check in desk will tell you that your parking pass and/or welcome packet can be picked up from another desk in the lobby (behind you). That's the timeshare desk. You don't need a parking pass or any other garbage that may be in the welcome packet. Say thank you and walk out the side door by the restrooms and unplug your phone in the room. Never had a problem using this method but one time my mom got trapped by the "parking pass" desk for 15+ minutes telling them no. I'm sorry my vacation time is too valuable to spend it telling you why I don't want a timeshare pitch when I paid $130 a night for this 2 bedroom condo.

you are probably safe going with most well known renters (Winpoint/Michael Sullivan, Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategy, Shelby).

I looked at some of these sites last night and I'm wondering if there is a way to look within my specific travel dates. We already have our dates set, with plane tickets purchased, and are booked at Disney at the moment. I want to move offsite before my final payment date on Dec 30. It looks like the timeshare rentals are sold in specific date chunks unless I am looking on expedia and so far I haven't seen anything that matches my trip. I may have to just wait for a future trip to use this option.

I looked at some of these sites last night and I'm wondering if there is a way to look within my specific travel dates. We already have our dates set, with plane tickets purchased, and are booked at Disney at the moment. I want to move offsite before my final payment date on Dec 30. It looks like the timeshare rentals are sold in specific date chunks unless I am looking on expedia and so far I haven't seen anything that matches my trip. I may have to just wait for a future trip to use this option.
You just need to contact one of the renters. They can usually get you the dates you need. You just need to email one of them, Vacation Upgrades or Vacation Strategy to see if they have availability for the dates you need.

I just got a quote from Vacation Strategy. 7 night stay in a 2 bedroom deluxe for $1140, including tax. Which is less than half the price than I saw on Expedia. Pretty incredible! Vacation Upgrades shows the price at $1050 for 7 nights but I can’t twll if that includes tax or not.

I think I will probably book it. It’s non-refundable so I’m alwaus a bit worried about that. Vacation Strategy is safe? Any risk of something going wrong? Are there any other fees I’d have to pay later?

Other thing I’m wondering is how parking works. Can I park right in front of my room and how easy is it to get around the resort to food and to use the pool? Can I drive and park by the pool when I want to use it?

anyone there now and can tell us if the tower 5 pool is heated enough to swim? When we wentin May, it was super heated (90),but when we went back in Sept, it was only like 85 and would be cool for 60-70 degree weather. Really hoping our kids get to swim next week.

Both Vacation Strategies and Vacation Upgrades should have cancellation info listed on their sites. Parking areas are located around each tower. Very convenient. There is also a multilevel garage close to Tower 5. All of the towers have pools so we always walk. Food is easy as well. It's a very walkable resort!

Vacation Upgrades all fees included. I think the same for VS.

What is the difference between the Grand Bonnet Creek and just Bonney Creek? I understand the Grand is a hotel while BC is the timeshares, but I can’t tell which property is which? I saw pics and videos of a lazy river and pirate ship and slide. Which place is that? Can you use them both?

Both Vacation Strategies and Vacation Upgrades should have cancellation info listed on their sites. Parking areas are located around each tower. Very convenient. There is also a multilevel garage close to Tower 5. All of the towers have pools so we always walk. Food is easy as well. It's a very walkable resort!

Vacation Upgrades all fees included. I think the same for VS.

The quote from VS says it can’t be cancelled or refunded. I haven’t heard back from VU yet. I’m asduming I can get trip insurance. Im ok with not being able to cancel. We already have our plane tickets and our trip is set in stone. I’m just nervous about using a company I’ve never used before and there are a few horror stories online about timeshare rentals going awry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter