The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are considering staying for the first time at Bonnet Creek in early June. I have researched various rentals through Airbnb, vrbo, vacation strategy, redweek and vacation upgrade. The best price by far is through Vacation Upgrade, but it says he will only rent within sixty days. So, my question is do you think it is safe to wait until the sixty mark to book for early June or is availiability normally limited in that time? Thanks!

We are considering staying for the first time at Bonnet Creek in early June. I have researched various rentals through Airbnb, vrbo, vacation strategy, redweek and vacation upgrade. The best price by far is through Vacation Upgrade, but it says he will only rent within sixty days. So, my question is do you think it is safe to wait until the sixty mark to book for early June or is availiability normally limited in that time? Thanks!
Just piggybacking onto this. Same question, but different time of year: Presidents Week next February.

So what happens with Wyndham is if the rental is available within 60 days the price(amount of points it costs) goes down dramatically. If you can get it, thayt's great. If you're worried about getting this resort, for this date you will need to find someone to book outside of 60 days, which is more expensive. If you're not married to Bonnet Creek, you should wait. There are hundreds and hundreds of timeshares in Orlando and you'll get one that's very nice(if you do your homework), for a steal. If you have to have Bonnet Creek, you have to book early. You might get it if you wait too, but you might not.

So what happens with Wyndham is if the rental is available within 60 days the price(amount of points it costs) goes down dramatically. If you can get it, thayt's great. If you're worried about getting this resort, for this date you will need to find someone to book outside of 60 days, which is more expensive. If you're not married to Bonnet Creek, you should wait. There are hundreds and hundreds of timeshares in Orlando and you'll get one that's very nice(if you do your homework), for a steal. If you have to have Bonnet Creek, you have to book early. You might get it if you wait too, but you might not.

Thank you!!! We normally don’t plan last minute and are normally booked far in advance for our accommodations. This is new territory for me. We have found someone with availability now so we will have to decide. Thanks for your help!

Can anyone give me a quick summary of the hotel part (Wyndham Grand)? Booked a 3 night stay for my wedding anniversary first week of june for $127 a night (thought i was gonna get the Swan)

Can anyone give me a quick summary of the hotel part (Wyndham Grand)? Booked a 3 night stay for my wedding anniversary first week of june for $127 a night (thought i was gonna get the Swan)

It's a gorgeous hotel and shares amenities with the Wyndham Vacation ownership towers, all situated around a lovely lake. There is a fabulous restaurant in the hotel (Deep Blu), a pool bar, and a pool in front of the hotel. You can also use any of the other pools around the lagoon. There's a parking deck, park transportation, and daily housekeeping. The Bonnet Creek resort property is located next door to Caribbean Beach, across the road and down a bit from the Boardwalk, and near to Epcot, Disney Springs, and I-4. You got a nice rate and I'm sure will love the property. Truly deluxe accommodations at a fraction of the price. We use Uber a lot from Bonnet Creek - worth a mention if you're not renting a car.

have any of you used the transportation they offer? I know you pay for the service but is it equipped to take someone in a scooter without the scooter being broken down?

If I have a 2 BR rented, can I add someone else to the reservation? I'll be there early and friends are coming later in the week. If we're at the parks or something, how can they get in the room? Do I just leave a key like a regular hotel?

If I have a 2 BR rented, can I add someone else to the reservation? I'll be there early and friends are coming later in the week. If we're at the parks or something, how can they get in the room? Do I just leave a key like a regular hotel?

Yes you can. Just add their names to the room at check in. They will be able to go to the reception desk and provide ID and have additional keys issued. We do this almost every time traveling with family arriving at different times.

Still waiting for RCI to release fall units. Hmmmm, last year I had booked for end of October by March 5.

DH, DS and I will be staying in a one bedroom deluxe in April. I realize the sofa is a pull out bed but our son will sleep better if he’s in a room where he can easily see us and I’ll sleep better if I know he’s not alone out in the living room. We have an extra high twin inflatable mattress. Any guesses if that will fit anywhere in the master bedroom or maybe even next to the garden tub (which we won’t use at all) on the tile?

What's the best part of renting in Bonnet Creek, vs Disney Springs?

There's just a resort feeling at WBC that I didn't understand prior to my first visit and can't explain. I think for my family, it's just an incredible value. We love the size of the units (more like a condo), the beautiful resort, the ability to cook in the unit (or on the resort grills), and the more laid back feeling we get when staying at WBC versus at a hotel. Some photos to try to explain what words can't... mind you we usually pay in the realm of $160 all in (including tax, there's no parking charges, no resort fee etc. when you book through an owner) per night for a two bedroom unit:

JuziBY8.png

kRcqWnb.png

U9O3B3n.png

Mk7QVVc.png

Updated room (photos from October 2017, 2 bedroom deluxe, end unit so the washer and dryer was inside the master bath)

8ghHeqo.png

SpfFTXz.png

YESfFC2.png

WhtKBS7.png

@stackyallred check out the image above and the next one for what a one bedroom layout would look like where you were asking about putting an air mattress - it might fit in the bathroom but you risk tripping over DS if you need to use the restroom in the night. I would put it just outside the bedroom door and not close the door if it were me

8GnZgGH.png

AhfkJB5.png

lAnXJ8J.png

8h6KjPF.png

Parking lot view from Tower 2 is actually a golf course view, not the lagoon view I love but still not bad

NtmsJux.png

stlS852.png

9bsN7xZ.png

Never had this type of unit layout with the laundry inside the master bath before, but it was fine

vUqOYwl.png

Ditto what @pepperandchips said! We've were always on-site-ers until trying WBC. Even compared to DVC, which we were members for a while, the space and value are the big draw for us at WBC. And the resort feel as well, just nice and laid back. I just don't love vacationing without a dedicated sitting area that is separate from the sleeping area. Having a patio or balcony is really big for us as well. We really like having morning coffee or evening nightcaps outside. Oh, and we really like being able to cook meals and grill meals as well. I really enjoy chatting with others at the grills, too! Everyone is so nice and friendly, and I just don't think you get that at a lot of hotels/resorts.

This is a great thread! Just starting to plan for 2019 (either June or Aug/Sep) as I have a big birthday in June so want to take son and daughter and their partners. Disney and DVC is so expensive for 6 of us/3 bedrooms so had a look at villas but feel they would be slightly too far away from the magic and shops and restaurants than we're used to, then I read more than a few comments recommending WBC as a good alternative and loving the comments and pics on here. Going to contact Vacation Upgrades and Vacation Strategy now to see if they can give me a quote or advice on booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter