The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Thank you all for the amazing information about WBC found in this thread!! Reading it has pretty much sold me on trying to book for Sep/Oct 2019 for my son's 3rd Bday trip! I was originally thinking to rent DVC because with a little one, I wanted to be close to onsite Disney. But so many on the DVC board were making it seem like it would be next to impossible for me to get what I was looking for (1 BR or Studio at BLT, BC, or BWV) that I thought, why am i trying so hard to get them when I could try for WBC for half the price and twice the space!

I realize that I am simply planning right now, but I was hoping you all would have a good idea when it would be best for me to start shopping and quoting for my vacation. We are thinking any 10 day period (likely Sat to Tue or Sun to Wed) in Sep or Oct 2019, we are flexible. I've seen the recommended rental sites, but just don't know when the best time would be to get prices. We would like to book a 2BR, Deluxe or Presidential doesn't matter.

We have stayed at WBC numerous times and looks like financially it makes sense to return in late July. My question is fastpasses and difficulty in obtaining them especially at AK. By staying off Park we can’t request as early as we could if in a Disney hotel. Wondering if we will be out of luck ... DD and I have done FOP but DH has not.

I realize that I am simply planning right now, but I was hoping you all would have a good idea when it would be best for me to start shopping and quoting for my vacation. We are thinking any 10 day period (likely Sat to Tue or Sun to Wed) in Sep or Oct 2019, we are flexible. I've seen the recommended rental sites, but just don't know when the best time would be to get prices. We would like to book a 2BR, Deluxe or Presidential doesn't matter.

For fall of 2019 the earliest you'd be able to find someone to book would be Aug or Sept of this year. Wyndham owners at Bonnet Creek or the Club Wyndham Access ownership have priority booking which starts 13 months prior to the day of check-in. So you have time :)

We have stayed at WBC numerous times and looks like financially it makes sense to return in late July. My question is fastpasses and difficulty in obtaining them especially at AK. By staying off Park we can’t request as early as we could if in a Disney hotel. Wondering if we will be out of luck ... DD and I have done FOP but DH has not.

You'll likely get everything except for FOP, but who knows if that will die down a bit once Toy Story Land opens up. We're heading down in a few weeks, so April vacation time period, and we've got FPs for 7DMT, Soarin', the mountains, etc. I had access to FEA FPs as well but I travel with 3 dudes, so we don't do that one anyway :p

I was just saying to DH that I'm torn about FOP. They just extended hours during our stay so I started stalking for FOP FPs. DH, DS, and I have done it a few times already, but DS's friend will be with us and he hasn't been on it yet. Having done it a few times both standby (rope drop) and FP, the standby experience is just better IMHO. Maybe you agree, maybe you don't. But I feel like half of the story is walking through the lab. So that's where I'm torn - stop stalking and just do rope drop (or maybe try the end of night method this time) or waste my time stalking and then probably miss the opportunity to book anyway.

So anyway, that's my long winded way of saying that you'll probably get most everything you want at the 30 day mark :) . I find that even when we're staying on property, I make plans at 60 days and end up shuffling around FPs anyway, even the day of.

I just booked FP this week for our trip in April and we were able to get everything we wanted except FOP. The only thing is, some were later in the day and we're still going to try and rope drop 7DMT + Peter Pan so we can use FP throughout the day instead of being stuck with FP for Peter Pan and 7DMT in the evening and not having the use of FP.

What policies changed?

Sorry, just seeing this now! Their cancellation and reservation policies changed. I can't remember the exact differences, but it has to do with how many days out you pay, how many days out you can cancel, and reimbursement. It used to be that no matter what you never lost any money, in the most extreme last minute cancellation they would just put that money toward a future vacation for you. Now I believe there is some sort of penalty. They are now also charging to make changes to reservations, which I found out when we had to add on a night. That never existed before.

We have a large group hoping to book TWO 4 bedroom villas at Bonnet Creek checking in on June 22, 2019 for seven nights. We have put down a deposit with Vacation Strategy but understand that they cannot make a reservation until I think 10 months prior to check in. My question is...how likely do you think they will be in booking this reservation.

We are trying to identify other option that may offer a grater opportunity for success. Any suggestions? We are willing to forfeit our deposit if need be.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I agree that it is not likely, because we tried to get one 4 bed and one 2 bed and could not. We toured the 4 beds while there last year with my parents in preparation for doing a trip with the rest of our family and were on a waiting list at more than 10 months out. The problem with that is that I was told chances were really slim to get the 4 beds, we waited until the 10 month mark and shortly after, when nothing had opened up, we went with two three deluxe rooms because I did not want to be shut out of those.

Now that I'm thinking to book WBC for Fall 2019, anyone else worried inventory may become scarce as WDW onsite defectors try the next closest nice resort practically on Disney property? With the news of paying to park for Disney resort guests, I'm even happier of my decision to stay offsite, as we would be paying to park at the parks anyway!

Now that I'm thinking to book WBC for Fall 2019, anyone else worried inventory may become scarce as WDW onsite defectors try the next closest nice resort practically on Disney property? With the news of paying to park for Disney resort guests, I'm even happier of my decision to stay offsite, as we would be paying to park at the parks anyway!
No, I think folks that want to stay on site will continue to pay it. They might be foot stomping mad with the news but will still stay onsite. IMHO, the only thing to break the run on price increases is a down turn in the economy....

We got home last night from a 5 night last minute trip. It has been 7 years since we have been to WDW.o_O Before that we went 7 times over 10 years. I would say that I was an onsite only kinda gal. This trip was decided about 30 days out and I was stressing about staying offsite. After looking and looking and looking for somewhere to stay, I kept coming back to WBC. I knew the kids (11, 13, 17, 19) would love the amenities. Since we were only doing 2 park days, this place looked perfect. I ended up booking on Airbnb with a decent rate. Now I see there are other places to check thanks to this board. I will for sure be looking at those next time. Can I just say we LOVED WBC. I am not sure we would stay onsite again. We stayed in a 2bdrm, building 6 room 1004. I will ask for fireworks view next time. The room was spacious and stocked with all we needed. Called the front desk for an extra blanket and it arrived with in 10 min. The kids played mini golf 2x and used the ping pong table. We swam in all of the pools. We attempted to order pizza one night just after 8pm, couldn't even get anyone to answer. figured they were super busy. We ordered flippers instead and it was delicious. The location of the resort is very convenient to all things Disney. We did go to city walk one afternoon. We wanted to try Toothsome chocolate emporium. I did not realize you had to pay $22 to park for city walk!!!! oh well, live and learn. the food was good. We also wanted to try voodoo donuts but it wasn't open yet.
we will DEF be back to WBC!!!!

Hello, We have our vacation to WDW coming up in April. We are staying at WBC from 4/16-4/24. I have a question about using uber.. we do have a rental car but I'm wondering if using Uber for a family of 5 may be easier to get into and out of the parks? Is the parking crazy so it just may be easier to get dropped off by an Uber? Also, if we do take an uber where would it drop off for MK? the TTC? thank you for any help!!

Hello, We have our vacation to WDW coming up in April. We are staying at WBC from 4/16-4/24. I have a question about using uber.. we do have a rental car but I'm wondering if using Uber for a family of 5 may be easier to get into and out of the parks? Is the parking crazy so it just may be easier to get dropped off by an Uber? Also, if we do take an uber where would it drop off for MK? the TTC? thank you for any help!!

For MK Uber/Lyft drops off at the TTC. You could also drop off at the Contemporary and walk over. We don't mind parking, though, for the most part. There is something special about the excitement building from taking the tram to then taking the ferry or monorail (I prefer the ferry ride, just something really nice about it - especially first thing in the morning!)

We do sometimes Uber/Lyft if we know we'll be park hopping and don't want to drive between parks or circle back at the end of the day, or if we know we want to have a couple of adult beverages at Epcot. Epcot is an easy Uber from WBC - go to Boardwalk or Beach Club and walk into the Epcot entrance at International Gateway.

We have APs, so the fee isn't really a factor for us, just the logistics. But if you are paying the daily rate, remember that you only pay once per day. You can access other parks or the same park more than once for the entire day.

Even though we live a few hours away and drive over to WDW, we use Uber often! It is really nice to be dropped off right at the entrance of most of the parks and not have to worry about driving in crazy Disney traffic or if we have an adult beverage or two (or 4 who am I kidding). And what you would pay for a round trip to and from a park is about what a days parking would cost. Of course, if you were going to make more than one trip a day it wouldnt be cost effective but still really convenient.

Hi, we're going back to Bonnet Creek in May! Is it possible to ship a box ahead with things we'd like to have but don't want to carry on the plane? Thank-you!

Hi, we're going back to Bonnet Creek in May! Is it possible to ship a box ahead with things we'd like to have but don't want to carry on the plane? Thank-you!
We have had an amazon delivery shipped to the resort multiple times so I don't see why you couldn't ship something to yourself there!

Wyndham Bonnet Creek
attn: Guest (Your Name) arriving ( Check-In Date)
9560 Via Encinas
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

I think I read somewhere that the kitchens have 7 coffee filters in them. Will they restock for you if you request it or should we bring our own?

I think I read somewhere that the kitchens have 7 coffee filters in them. Will they restock for you if you request it or should we bring our own?

I've read that they will bring you more of anything that you ask for. That said, it's easy just to pick up a pack of cone filters and pack them in our luggage so we've never asked as we have "WBC coffee filters" in our cabinet (our home coffee pot takes basket type so these are truly just for Vacation, lol)

I've read that they will bring you more of anything that you ask for. That said, it's easy just to pick up a pack of cone filters and pack them in our luggage so we've never asked as we have "WBC coffee filters" in our cabinet (our home coffee pot takes basket type so these are truly just for Vacation, lol)
Thanks! We have many, many things that are “just for vacation” so I’ll just add these to our collection too lol!

Whelp, we weren't supposed to go back to Disney as a family until the fall.

DH said he needs sooner. For our situation, it financially makes sense to either book 2 rooms at an All Stars resort but I check WBC and they are cheaper for a 2BR Deluxe and DH says, "BONNET CREEK!"

One stay was all it took for us to fall in love with this place and we are looking forward to going back.

Whelp, we weren't supposed to go back to Disney as a family until the fall.

DH said he needs sooner. For our situation, it financially makes sense to either book 2 rooms at an All Stars resort but I check WBC and they are cheaper for a 2BR Deluxe and DH says, "BONNET CREEK!"

One stay was all it took for us to fall in love with this place and we are looking forward to going back.

One stay hooked us as well. We were DVC members and one year I did not have enough points so I booked Bonnet Creek not expecting too much. I was wowed. Sold our DVC points and have stayed at Bonnet Creek since. Disney's DVC units do not come close to being as nice. Plus the kids like the lazy river pools. They never did like Storm a long bay because it was always so crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!