The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Ha. We are going over Columbus weekend and I’d like to watch my dawgs play too! That’s not a bad idea. The bar next to the Cabanas also have several TVs so we should be ok. ;)

Not that Bulldogs!!!!! We live just down 316 from Athens in Gwinnett- but gotta watch the LSU v. Gator Game! Though the Gators don't have too much to cheer about these days!

We finally have our airfare booked and our dates confirmed for our March 2019 trip, so I’m working on getting our rooms squared away. Pretty sure we’re going to do WBC for our whole stay but trying to nail down a few details.

First, the best price I’ve found so far for our dates is on VRBO (I know better rates may be available later, but we’re going over spring break so I’m not sure I want to chance that). From the reviews it appears to be a specific unit rather than a room to be assigned later. It has excellent reviews, but is there anything I should be aware of renting this way instead of the standard timeshare rental?

Second, I’ve looked at google maps for approximate drive times, but is there anything I should be aware of heading from WBC to the Orlando convention Center or to Universal? We’ll be doing most of our first week at Disney but then my husband will be heading to a conference (probably Uber-ing there every day) and the rest of us will be doing universal, beaches, and other attractions for the second week.

Excited that plans are finally coming together! And very excited about being able to afford a place with three bedrooms so we don’t head home exhausted after vacation. :)

I would not count on getting any specific unit. When you rent reservation you will be guaranteed your unit size, but 3 bedroom units are spread across multiple towers unless you book a more-expensive presidential unit, which will be in Tower 6. When you check in to you can request a room if you like, but there is no guarantee you will have your request met. As for whom to rent from, the key is to trust. There are all kinds of people renting WBC reservations. Some renters are individuals, some are a business renting reservations for others.

As for driving, I usually planned on it taking at least an hour from the time I left WBC to the time I was entering Universal. Sometimes it takes less, but there is a lot of traffic in the theme park zone. It also takes a while to park, go through security, walk through Citywalk, etc.

From the reviews it appears to be a specific unit rather than a room to be assigned later. It has excellent reviews, but is there anything I should be aware of renting this way instead of the standard timeshare rental?

As @Upatnoon said, you're not renting a specific Unit. The only wisdom I would add is that VRBO has a lot of misleading listings with prices that are "starting at" prices and often when i've contacted the person renting on there either they can't get the availability or they tell me the listed rate per night isn't the rate for my requested stay. I've actually never successfully rented through VRBO for that reason.

Well that was my impression but there are dozens of reviews on this listing that refer to the same location, features, etc., and the owner has replied to people about specific things he says he has provided in the unit. It made me wonder, but there are so many reviews it seems legit.

The listing is available to “book now” at that price, but I’m still waiting to hear back from him about a few other questions(including whether it’s for a specific unit).

Well that was my impression but there are dozens of reviews on this listing that refer to the same location, features, etc., and the owner has replied to people about specific things he says he has provided in the unit. It made me wonder, but there are so many reviews it seems legit.

The listing is available to “book now” at that price, but I’m still waiting to hear back from him about a few other questions(including whether it’s for a specific unit).

I looked at VRBO out of curiosity and many of the "bonnet creek" rentals aren't Bonnet Creek at all. The top listing, for example, that describes lots of features is actually at Lake Buena Vista Resort, although while the user offers many details and features, he leaves out the name and offers a nighttime shot of the pool that makes the resort difficult to identify.

What type of items are indicated to be in the unit?
The description of location and features could apply to any unit/any tower, really.

I looked at VRBO out of curiosity and many of the "bonnet creek" rentals aren't Bonnet Creek at all. The top listing, for example, that describes lots of features is actually at Lake Buena Vista Resort, although while the user offers many details and features, he leaves out the name and offers a nighttime shot of the pool that makes the resort difficult to identify.
Ohhhh...Yes, I noticed some were vague. The one I was looking at was vague in some ways but does specifically mention the pirate ship pool. So I figured that had to be WBC? But now I wonder! I did mention WBC in my message to him so we’ll see what he says...

I’ve checked most of the sites recommended here, very few have anything listed for our date range right now. i was excited to have possibly found something that worked and very definitely fit the budget, but perhaps it was too good to be true.

ETA, ah, yes, lake Buena vista resort also has a pirate ship pool! Ok, mystery solved. Well boo, back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

What type of items are indicated to be in the unit?
The description of location and features could apply to any unit/any tower, really.
Yeah, most of it was general, but he refers multiple times to “our building” and talks about personally replacing things like the TV, sofa, etc. If it’s not his unit he’s blatantly lying in some of his responses to people.

Many of the reviews also mention the specific view from the balcony, too—that it faces the parks, you can see fireworks, etc. No mentions of anyone getting a different view.

I’m going to comb through the photos and see how they compare to other WBC photos now while I await his reply!

But you are booking a 3 bedroom right? All those I believe are the presidential suites so it would make sense if they were all in the same "general" area with similar views? I don't know as we have our first reservation coming up...but perhaps thats why is could be more specific on room views.

But you are booking a 3 bedroom right? All those I believe are the presidential suites so it would make sense if they were all in the same "general" area with similar views? I don't know as we have our first reservation coming up...but perhaps thats why is could be more specific on room views.
No, there seem to be three bedroom deluxe available as well.

But you’ve probably already seen my note above that I was confused. The listing never actually claimed to be WBC, I just got taken in by VRBO’s search algorithm (it has bonnet creek - Wyndham available as a preset search term, but it’s actually just searching properties near WBC.). I think I need to get more sleep... :)

Sadly looking at all the legitimate options a 3 bedroom at WBC looks to be out of our price range. I wish I felt confident waiting for the 60 day mark.

We had a 3 BR Deluxe last trip and it was not a presidential suite. It was on the 4th floor of Tower 4 overlooking a shuffleboard court and the drive/parking lot.

There are 3 bedroom deluxe units and 3 bedroom presidential units. They are spread out in a variety of buildings and views.

I thought I read somewhere on here they were updating some of the room? Or was i just imagining something. We have a trip planned for next month. While I don't expect updates just wondering. We hope this trip goes well enough that we will use WBC for the rest of the time we are here in FL for our disney trips.

I'm looking to book Bonnet Creek for 3 days in November. I've been checking out VRBO and Homeaway. I would really appreciate some tried and true companies to book through. Thanks!

Have you tried Vacation Strategy or Vacation Upgrades? We usually book by the week but other might be able to tell you about 3 days. You can also try Skyauction

Have you tried Vacation Strategy or Vacation Upgrades? We usually book by the week but other might be able to tell you about 3 days. You can also try Skyauction
Thank you! From reading this thread I have a request in with a quote from Vacation Strategy. I just want to be sure I am dealing with a legit company. I have used VRBO in the past but have since read bad things about their practices. Thanks again!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!