The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Are all pools open at this time?
Tower 6 pool it's only open weekends but the rest are open daily.

The resort is super full this weekend. Looks are busy so we haven't gone yet. They have a convoluted way of entering the pools. They've joined the tower 4and 5 pools. You can only enter by the tower 4 pool bar. To get to the lazy river you have to go around the back. It's a lot of unnecessary walking.n

One good thing is you get your towels right at the pools now.

The bar at tower 3 is closed. There are no organized activities at all. Game room is open and so is mini golf.

As far as checking in, they sent us a text before arrival asking for all of our information. It was a really fast process. Had to go to the timeshare desk for our bracelet room keys that they say they check for the pool.

We're here till Saturday so feel free to ask me anything.

So you didn't have to give an Id and all that stuff that they normally require at the check-in desk?

How do you get in the resort now that they use bracelets? Do they have a gate scanner that scans the bracelet to get into the parking lot?

I have booked for the week of 10/3, but I really won't feel safe going unless they are at 50% occupancy. Anyone know how to find that out? Also, the lazy river is open, right? That is what my kids like best.

Has anyone used instacart or shipt to get groceries delivered? With the infection rate in Florida and without a mask mandate I would not feel comfortable going into the grocery stores...

I have booked for the week of 10/3, but I really won't feel safe going unless they are at 50% occupancy. Anyone know how to find that out? Also, the lazy river is open, right? That is what my kids like best.

Has anyone used instacart or shipt to get groceries delivered? With the infection rate in Florida and without a mask mandate I would not feel comfortable going into the grocery stores...
Not sure where you are getting your information about the mask mandate, but Osceola County and Orange County, where you would likely shop, has one.

Also, the Publix and Winn-Dixie grocery stores require them.

The vast majority of people in Florida are wearing masks when shopping at a grocery store.

Great, I had looked online and saw no state mask mandate, didn't realize there was local one, that is great to hear. My son still does not want to go - he is very paranoid about getting covid because he knows both myself and husband have conditions that make us high risk. But I really think that if we follow the same procedures here that we do at home, wear masks, avoid people at pool an on elevators, we can do it safely. But if it is so crowded we can't do this (at elevators and pools) it is not worth going...

So you didn't have to give an Id and all that stuff that they normally require at the check-in desk?

How do you get in the resort now that they use bracelets? Do they have a gate scanner that scans the bracelet to get into the parking lot?
I still had to show id and scan a credit card. Took less than 5 minutes though. They give regular keys and also the bracelets at the time share desk. They only have us 2 bracelets though because our kids are under 15.

Had to go to the desk once already because they somehow deactivated our keys.

As far as checking in, they sent us a text before arrival asking for all of our information. It was a really fast process. Had to go to the timeshare desk for our bracelet room keys that they say they check for the pool.

We're here till Saturday so feel free to ask me anything.

Thank you!

what is it like at the timeshare desk? Are they super pushy? Also, i heard they are not offering Tubes for the lazy river. True?

Last edited:
Hey, y'all! I got a great quote for my upcoming trip for the last week of October at WBC - $280 for 5 nights for a 1 bedroom. It's a solo trip for me, and I'll be doing two days at the WDW parks, as well two days at the Universal parks. Even though I have an annual pass for Universal, the price I got for my stay from Vacation Strategy at WBC made me switch from my Universal AP hotel discount in a heartbeat. I have a YouTube channel, and I do plan on taking videos during my stay, hopefully to update everyone on how the resort stays are going during this pandemic. I'll keep y'all posted - I'm so excited!

Thank you!

what is it like at the timeshare desk? Are they super pushy? Also, i heard they are not offering Tubes for the lazy river. True?
I got lucky at the timeshare desk. First time ever i got a guy that wasn't pushy. I was there maybe 5 minutes. I was pleasantly surprised.

You need to bring you Owen tubes for lazy river. They do sell them.

As another fyi the little store in the lobby it's only open till 5pm. However, if you need something the store I the hotel is open much longer. Luckily for me since i needed something at like 7pm.

Even though I have an annual pass for Universal, the price I got for my stay from Vacation Strategy at WBC made me switch from my Universal AP hotel discount in a heartbeat.

We're in the same boat - we managed to get a 2 bedroom for 7 nights for slightly more than the room deposit+parking at RPR with an AP discount. It was a no-brainer!

I still had to show id and scan a credit card. Took less than 5 minutes though. They give regular keys and also the bracelets at the time share desk. They only have us 2 bracelets though because our kids are under 15.

Had to go to the desk once already because they somehow deactivated our keys.

Oh so they only give keys out at the timeshare desk now and not the check-in desk, huh? That is different. They must have had too many people skip getting the "parking pass" I guess so changed it up to force you over to the sales desk to get your keys.

What is the difference between the bracelets and card keys? Are the bracelets only for access to the pools??

Oh so they only give keys out at the timeshare desk now and not the check-in desk, huh? That is different. They must have had too many people skip getting the "parking pass" I guess so changed it up to force you over to the sales desk to get your keys.

What is the difference between the bracelets and card keys? Are the bracelets only for access to the pools??
They give the regular keys at the check-in desk and the bracelets at time share. Brackets are supposed to work the and as the cards but ours stopped letting us in the building door but work on the room. They told us we needed the bracelet for the pool but no one is checking.

They give the regular keys at the check-in desk and the bracelets at time share. Brackets are supposed to work the and as the cards but ours stopped letting us in the building door but work on the room. They told us we needed the bracelet for the pool but no one is checking.

Ok, thanks for that information! Very helpful!

The bracelets sound like the new version of the "parking pass". Purely created up so they have a reason to send you to the sales desk. After all, if they aren't giving bracelets to kids under 15, then they aren't really policing pool access since most teenagers would also need one to get in the pools. So them saying you need it for pool access sounds like lie to me.

And just who are they trying to keep out of the pool? Its not like there are any resorts close by within walking distance. Oh the issues they come up with to try and sell you a timeshare...

Are all of the ammenities like cornhole, shuffleboard, ping pong, pool tables, mini-golf, etc open? Thanks in advance.

Are all of the ammenities like cornhole, shuffleboard, ping pong, pool tables, mini-golf, etc open? Thanks in advance.
Most are but i don't know about the pool tables as those doors were closed when i went into the activity building. Arcade is open. Pool slides switch off on which one is open. No planned activities are occurring.

HI!! So helpful to read this thread. We're first-timers at this resort. Just booked for the week of October 10th in a 2 bedroom!

We love Bonnet Creek as you can see in my signature. My husband and I are looking for a kid free get away. Our first thought was Bonnet Creek because we simply love the resort. I am hung up on the fact that the hot tubs are closed. We would be there October 7-13th. I can't figure out why the hot tubs are closed here. We were at another Wyndham resort in Florida in July when things were crazy out of control and their hot tubs were open. We love the hot tubs in the evening. Not sure if we should continue with our plans there or not but at the same time it seems silly to not go because of the hot tubs not being open. We don't plan any park days just relaxing at the pool and hot tubs. Would you still go? Can we use the other resorts on property hot tubs? I don't remember the rules of all of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter