"The World Tour" mini NECS Disney plates. Info?

flaps

<font color=blue>He became "the one" when I said m
A few Christmases ago my MIL gave me a number of miniature porcelain Disney plates. I've been trying to find out more about this collection (via eBay and searching the 'Net) in hopes of completing my partial set (I have 17, which seems an odd number, so I'm assuming I'm missing some). I've not had any luck beyond finding an occasional plate or two on eBay that I already have.

On the back they read NE The New England Collectors Society's First Disney Character Miniature Porcelain Plate Collection The World Tour followed by the name of the character and country represented, copyright Disney, etc. and a Made in Japan sticker (on one, the rest appear to have had stickers that were peeled off).

I'm interested specifically in knowing when these were made, how many are in a complete set and if anyone knows, which ones I'm missing.

Here's what I've got:

Pinocchio ~ Italy
Pluto ~ Russia
Goofy ~ Canada
Scrooge McDuck ~ England
Mickey ~ USA
Chip & Dale ~ Sweden
Ludwig Von Drake ~ Germany
Daisy ~ Japan
Grandma Duck ~ Thailand
Donald ~ Mexico
Gladstone Gander ~ Scotland
Minnie ~ France
Horace Horsecollar ~ Argentina
Three Little Pigs ~ Greece
Clarabelle Cow ~ Switzerland
Morty & Ferdie ~ Ireland
Big Bad Pete ~ Austria

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

flaps

Hmmm... I know a local collector here in New England that may be able to help.... Let me see if I can get a hold of her.

I know that your missing China, which is Huey,Dewey& Louie. I have 18, but still not sure how many were made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter