The worst news a Disneyland Loving Mom

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
could hear. "Mom, I don't like Disneyland anymore. Too many people go there." Of course I was driving when I heard these horrible words. Doesn't she realize that she is 3rd generation Disneyland lover? Could she have been invaded by aliens?

Where can I trade this kid in? ;)

Tink33 said:
Maybe Universal Studios?!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Actually, I can understand where she's coming from. With the 50th going on, DL has almost become too crowded to enjoy at times. :sad2: I hope it doesn't stay that way! :rolleyes2 Otherwise, I maybe joining your daughter over at Universal (in Florida of course!). :teeth:

OMG, that is so sad. I love Disney. I love the crowds. I love churros. I just love it.. I can not believe that. :( lol

I feel your pain! My DH and kids have never been Disney lovers like good old mom, so I just go solo most of the time. :) I am managing to drag my 21-year-old daughter to DLand for a weekend in March...it's the prerequisite for the 4-day cruise we're taking afterwards! I will also be joined by my 15-year-old son at WDW the following week, but I don't know if I'll ever get my DH there again.

I have been dreading the day you just had. So, far so good. My DS is almost 17 and still says he needs his Disney fix to escape the pressures of everyday life. In fact, just last night said we need to go to Disneyland. DH really never suggests a DL get away but does not complain when I plan one for all of us. :cool1: :tink:

:faint: And I thought it only happened here in Corn Country! As I was planning a trip to WDW last month, DS, who is almost 14, tells me "Mom, I sick of going to WDW, Florida and the beaches" :eek: ....my heart skipped a beat. The last trip he was always saying, "Do we have to go to the parks?" so I was actually planning the NO PARKS trip...just a week of sun, hanging out at the pools, a little spa action for mom and dad, but nope, that is :bored: boring he tells me. What do these kids wanna do anyway? So, I asked him if we could head west and go to DL...he caved! :woohoo: So, we're headed to DL for the first time!!! I've been wanting to go for a few years, but DH keeps saying "It's so much smaller than WDW...you'll be disappointed....blah, blah, blah". Well, so what, let me decide for myself, besides it's where it all began...

So, I feel for ya, Tink33!! :grouphug: I'm thinking we'll just leave him home for a trip or two, then see if he changes his tune. :rolleyes1

So? Will the world end if she stops liking Disneyland? You are too emotional about it. Sorry for that.

Why not try other parks instead? it wouldn't hurt.

The world doesn't revolve around Disneyland.

i laughed when i read your post...my daughter will be 15 in may when we travel to disneyland...she has only been to WDW....all 3 of my kids really want to go on the trip, but my oldest daughter says that i have to say "we are going to california" and i am not allowed to say "we are going to disneyland", kinda funny since she is VERY excited about the parks and rides, but i guess it sounds a little more cool for her to say "california"....
sharon

ron808 said:
So? Will the world end if she stops liking Disneyland? You are too emotional about it. Sorry for that.

It doesn't?!?! :faint:

Hopefully it's just a phase. I had friends when I was younger who didn't like DL because they thought it was a baby place. I honestly don't know what they think now (lost touch), but I know so many adults who love DL and hopefully she'll like it better when she goes on a less crowded day (it was crazy there for awhile, esp last Dec).

iceskatejen said:

Hopefully it's just a phase. I had friends when I was younger who didn't like DL because they thought it was a baby place. I honestly don't know what they think now (lost touch), but I know so many adults who love DL and hopefully she'll like it better when she goes on a less crowded day (it was crazy there for awhile, esp last Dec).

Yep, it was CRAZY there, especially last Dec. like you said! ::yes:: And of course, last Dec. (the 4th - 9th) is when we were there! :crowded: :crowded: We thought it would be fairly quiet and slow that week, like usual every year, but the crowds threw us for a loop-de-loo on that trip. :eek: :crazy2: :faint:

The 50th has been great and all, but I'm ready to say "BYE BYE 50th - ENOUGH ALREADY! :wave2: :wave: :wave2: I want the crowds back to normal. :sunny:

ron808 said:

I didn't want you to worry about my emotional well being. The ;) was to let everyone know the post was tongue in cheek. (In less you think she could have been invaded by something other than hormones.) I agree that the world does not revolve around a theme park. And we have visited more than 20 other theme parks. Disneyland is still my favorite.

Thank goodness, my family has not abandoned all things Disney - we cruise this September on DCL.

iceskatejen said:

We were on the same boat. Luckily my friends (eventhough we're grown ups) still like Disneyland. I just leave who ever doesn't want to go. Their lost not mine.

I use to dislike Disney too but once you're there it's hard to resist to have fun.

I've often said (tongue in cheek, of course) that the main reason I had a child was so that I would have an excuse to go to Disneyland more often, so I understand how you feel. My son was around 10 when he started expressing boredom with DL, even saying that he didn't want to go to DL anymore. I talked him into a trip to WDW one year (we both had a blast), and a trip shortly before Christmas another since the holidays are always so special at DL. Then last summer, at 14, he agreed to go to DL in part because we were meeting some cousins there. We had the best time, and at the end of the trip he agreed we should upgrade to an AP!!! We were back in December, and again had a great great time. It's a little different now; for example, we don't go on Indiana Jones 3 times a day anymore. Instead, he spends more time on his own (watch for him at the DDR in the arcade or in the single rider line at Screamin').

Good luck! I bet your daughter's good Disney breeding will win out and she'll be back.

My 19 year old twin daughters have just recently expressed similiar feelings. One says she has just gone so many times in her life that it has been over done and has stayed home on many of our trips in the last 2 years. She needs a break and wants to do something different. She says she still likes it, and I think she will love it again when she has kids of her own. Her twin sister still claims to love it, but has opted to stay home a few of the trips too in the past 2 years. I am still adjusting to the fact they don't want to always be there like they used to when they were younger and the way I still do to this day! I am glad my 15 dd, 11 ds, 7 dd, and very Disney Hubby all are ready to go anytime we can swing it! :wizard:

ron808 said:

:scared1: are you crazy? :crazy: banish them from our kingdom now!!!! pirate:

Tink33 said:
could hear. "Mom, I don't like Disneyland anymore. Too many people go there." Of course I was driving when I heard these horrible words. Doesn't she realize that she is 3rd generation Disneyland lover? Could she have been invaded by aliens?

She What?!!! ... :faint:

I'm worried, Tink33 ... do you think she perhaps had too much sun that day? Maybe she needs a visit from :tink: to get a liberal sprinkling of pixie dust to recalibrate her to her famililial roots!

My ds is suffering from the same malady -- he didn't want to renew his AP this year. At least my #2 child is still :tigger: for Disneyland. :flower:

I remember from years ago my dad's wife son (does that make sense?) told me DL is for little kids. Looked the little fart square in the eye and told him " I hope I'm as OLD as you are when I grow up". Just forget the I'm 15 years older than he is. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter