Themed restaurant recommendations (with decent food)

2Gma

Mouseketeer
Looking for a fun themed restaurant with decent food (for families) in DL area to enjoy outside of the parks. Any recs? We will have a car.

I've been to both Medieval Times and the Pirates dinner and enjoyed them thoroughly. I'd give the edge to Medieval Times. The main meal is a big piece of roasted chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes, You get some soup as a starter, and dessert as well. Each time I've been there I found the chicken to be very juicy and tasty. There's a vegetarian option as well, but I'm not sure what you get. The food is really secondary to the show.

I've been to both Medieval Times and the Pirates dinner and enjoyed them thoroughly. I'd give the edge to Medieval Times. The main meal is a big piece of roasted chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes, You get some soup as a starter, and dessert as well. Each time I've been there I found the chicken to be very juicy and tasty. There's a vegetarian option as well, but I'm not sure what you get. The food is really secondary to the show.
I believe the potatoes are wedges since you have to eat everything by hand no cutlery. We have gone several time food is good serving size and actually pretty good and a fun show while eating.

I believe the potatoes are wedges since you have to eat everything by hand no cutlery. We have gone several time food is good serving size and actually pretty good and a fun show while eating.

That's right! I love that everyone's in character, including the servers. You get some funny responses if you ask for silverware.

It's not family friendly but I've heard great things about The Blind Rabbit, which is a speakeasy.

But for themed and family friendly, Medieval Times is the only one that comes to mind.

I thought Medieval Times was going to be so cheesy (it is a little), and that I would really dislike it, but we actually enjoyed it. Our kids were 10 and 5. I remember the food being fairly decent and it really was a nice way for us to break out and do something a little different on one of our Disney trips. Now I have to say, we haven't done it again, to me it's a one and done for the most part unless maybe if I was going with someone who hadn't been, but I would say worthwhile at least once.

Now I have to say, we haven't done it again, to me it's a one and done for the most part unless maybe if I was going with someone who hadn't been, but I would say worthwhile at least once.

I would agree with that assessment. The only reasons I've gone back are to take someone new. The Pirates dinner is fun as well, but once was enough for me.

My favorite nearby themed restaurant is Northwoods Inn, in La Mirada. It's this huge log cabin style building with fake snow on the roof, and it's themed to a logging camp. It's a steakhouse, and it's famous for it's delicious and addictive cheese bread.

My favorite nearby themed restaurant is Northwoods Inn, in La Mirada. It's this huge log cabin style building with fake snow on the roof, and it's themed to a logging camp. It's a steakhouse, and it's famous for it's delicious and addictive cheese bread.

oh, YES..... YUM, YUM !!!!! (and peanut shells all over the floor ! haha)
:jumping1: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!