"There’s NO Sleeping in Disney!” SURPRISE - The Frumps Are Back Again! UPDATE 1/13

That dessert from LTT looks absolutely incredible! *droolworthy* that's for sure. There's just SO MUCH good food in MK I never know where to eat! That last trip down Main St sounds like it was quite the emotion overload, I was definitely close to tearing up just thinking about it! A great way to end a trip! Also, I'm definitely going to see Beauty & the Beast on Monday!!

I have never even thought to try LTT. Really never crossed my mind. BUT after your food pictures I may change my mind for our spring trip. Hope they have ADR's available.

Love all your purchases. The Wallet is so cute. I have a few like that (not MM but that style).

Now that song Celebrate A Dream is in my head. Its a good thing I know.

You might just have to! It's SO good - I love it there! They probably will have ADR's available, they're not too difficult to get! If you go I hope you like it!
Thank you! Those wallets are awesome.
Hahaha don't worry I know the whole thing, too. I listen to it every day. :laughing:

That dessert from LTT looks absolutely incredible! *droolworthy* that's for sure. There's just SO MUCH good food in MK I never know where to eat! That last trip down Main St sounds like it was quite the emotion overload, I was definitely close to tearing up just thinking about it! A great way to end a trip! Also, I'm definitely going to see Beauty & the Beast on Monday!!

Both of those desserts were fantastic. YUM! And I know, right!? MK has so many choices... I just love everything! Maybe everything just tastes so good because it's magical food or something. :laughing:
And oh yeah, it definitely was. We were SO SAD. It was such a great trip!
And YAY! I hope you enjoy the movie! I'm sure you will!

Wow, the food at Liberty Tree Tavern DOES look delicious! I didn't even really consider an ADR there for our upcoming trip...maybe if we have time we will try to squeeze it in.

I like the souvenirs you got- Nat's Toy Story shirt is adorable and I really love the Mickey wallet you bought!

The end of a Disney trip is always so sad!

Awww how sad! Last day. I hate it so much. UGH.

MICKEY PUDDLE! :thumbsup2

The 'new' Tiki room sounds cute! I'm glad they changed it back. I love the classic Disney stuff. I need to see that next time!

LTT looks so good. Wow... why do I never consider that place? I really have no idea. NEXT TIME... (I'm saying that about everything. haha)

Omg. This update is so sad. I totally get how you felt... leaving for the last time is just ugh. Miserable. Funny-ish thing though, the update I wrote last night (but have not posted yet...) is literally the opposite of this. Aww. :(

Can't believe this TR's almost over!

Loved reading the ending of your trip over the last few days. What a great way to spend your last summer before starting college. You will always have these wonderful memories. Looking forward to your Christmas report.

Prepare for the randomness of comments...
-That's a sad muffin. Nothing compared to the deliciousness of the ones on Main Street. Yum yum!
-MICKEY PUDDLE!! Woowoo! I love finding random mickeys around. On my walk yesterday I saw a mickey stain on the pavement! Little pieces of Disney make me happy!
-Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your merchandise pics! I love seeing Disney merchandise haha. I'm weird but seriously no one ever really shows what they bought! Love what you bought!
-LTT looks yummy! I ate there a few years back. I loved the apple dessert but the ones you got looks delicious! Love the liberation description haha. Oh and I love that you girls colored. So cute and fantastic!
-Sad to be done :( Our last day is spent waking up early and leaving early...we never go to the park on the last day because we always have an earlier flight. Boo.

Thanks for the 2 updates! Made me dreary week better! :) P.S. Good luck at school! Be sure to tell us how it goes! So exciting!

Wow, the food at Liberty Tree Tavern DOES look delicious! I didn't even really consider an ADR there for our upcoming trip...maybe if we have time we will try to squeeze it in.

I like the souvenirs you got- Nat's Toy Story shirt is adorable and I really love the Mickey wallet you bought!

The end of a Disney trip is always so sad!

It really is! If you get to go there, I hope you enjoy it! It's such a good spot!
Thank you!
I know it is :( Thank God we always know we'll get to go back someday!

Awww how sad! Last day. I hate it so much. UGH.

MICKEY PUDDLE! :thumbsup2

The 'new' Tiki room sounds cute! I'm glad they changed it back. I love the classic Disney stuff. I need to see that next time!

LTT looks so good. Wow... why do I never consider that place? I really have no idea. NEXT TIME... (I'm saying that about everything. haha)

Omg. This update is so sad. I totally get how you felt... leaving for the last time is just ugh. Miserable. Funny-ish thing though, the update I wrote last night (but have not posted yet...) is literally the opposite of this. Aww. :(

Can't believe this TR's almost over!

I know. It makes me sad writing about it!
I am so glad they changed it back too! It's just 5 million times better now.
hahaha you better start making a list!
Isn't it terrible!? UGH I HATE LEAVING. And that's good that you're writing about the beginning of your trip! That's the best part!

Loved reading the ending of your trip over the last few days. What a great way to spend your last summer before starting college. You will always have these wonderful memories. Looking forward to your Christmas report.

Thank you! And I agree - it was perfect timing! We will never forget this trip! Thanks for reading! We'll see you over on the new TR! I hope you enjoy the last update!

Prepare for the randomness of comments...
-That's a sad muffin. Nothing compared to the deliciousness of the ones on Main Street. Yum yum!
-MICKEY PUDDLE!! Woowoo! I love finding random mickeys around. On my walk yesterday I saw a mickey stain on the pavement! Little pieces of Disney make me happy!
-Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your merchandise pics! I love seeing Disney merchandise haha. I'm weird but seriously no one ever really shows what they bought! Love what you bought!
-LTT looks yummy! I ate there a few years back. I loved the apple dessert but the ones you got looks delicious! Love the liberation description haha. Oh and I love that you girls colored. So cute and fantastic!
-Sad to be done :( Our last day is spent waking up early and leaving early...we never go to the park on the last day because we always have an earlier flight. Boo.

Thanks for the 2 updates! Made me dreary week better! :) P.S. Good luck at school! Be sure to tell us how it goes! So exciting!

Hahaha I agree. Prepackaged muffins are no good compared to the ones in the bakery!
I love random hidden mickeys too! I have this dent in my driveway that produces hidden mickey puddles. And I promise I had nothing to do with it!! :laughing:
You're welcome! It's a lot of fun posting pictures of the merchandise, so I'm glad you appreciate it!
Mmm LTT is great! I have had that apple dessert too, which I know they replaced (at least at dinner) with a new apple/crasin one, but that's fantastic too! And LOL I'm glad you liked that we colored. Why the heck not, right?
Aww I hate when I have early flights. I had one for my Christmas trip and I was sad. I love being able to run to the MK right before leaving! It makes leaving a lot less difficult.
You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed! And I will definitely let you all know how it goes!

Alright everyone. This is going to be the last update of this frumptastic trip report. I am going to include the final thoughts portion at the end of this post because with school coming up, it's better that I get this finished sooner than later. So I hope you like the last update and have enjoyed this trip report. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! Your comments and presence have been much appreciated!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 34: "It's Alright... But It's Not Disney."
August 24th, 2011

We arrived back at Coronado Springs and got dropped off at El Centro.

dsc00452v.jpg

We went inside Panchitos to take one last look around.

dsc00462mh.jpg

There were a few last minute items I grabbed here before we took off.

I got a Coloring Book, which is FANTASTIC. It's all Disney World pictures. There's some of Figment, the monorail, characters, etc. I definitely recommend getting this book if you're looking for a good one. Because you know, picking out the right coloring book is a VERY important life decision!

dsc0084pq.jpg

I also got a Princess Mug! I could not resist getting this - It's too adorable! All of the Princesses are on it: Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, and Pocahontas. It's basically the perfect mug.

dsc0076jk.jpg

I also got some cookies for my Dad, as well as a deck of cards. (which were actually purchased in the Emporium earlier)

dsc0075pp.jpg

We used up our last two snack credits on Mickey Rice Krispies. WAHH I WANT ONE NOW!!! I love Mickey Rice Krispies SO MUCH. I can't even explain to you.

dsc00872v.jpg

I got these "Be Our Guest" Napkins. AREN'T THESE THE BEST NAPKINS YOU'VE EVER SEEN!?! I don't have the heart to use them though. They are still packaged to this day lol

dsc0071tq.jpg

And I also got this calendar! The funny thing about it was that it started in September 2011 and goes all throughout 2012! So it's a very long calendar! I basically got to use it right when I got to college!

dsc00692oh.jpg

Now that I think about it, I may have purchased those last new items at the Emporium. I don't remember. All I know is that I bought them.

While we were in the gift shop, the Cast Member cashing us out saw Nat's Birthday Button. She handed her the phone and it was Goofy calling to say "Happy Birthday!" That was a nice little bit of pixie dust to experience right before we left.

We exited Panchitos and tossed some coins into the fountain in the lobby.

dsc00492rwb.jpg

We had to make our last Disney wishes right before we left!

dsc00472xt.jpg

Then we went to the Magical Express bus stop and got our luggage. We put all of our new souvenirs in our suitcases, sat on the benches, and looked through our pictures.

Our bus was supposed to get there are 4:15 pm, and it didn't show up until 4:50! Busses kept pulling through, but they were only drop-off busses. So we sat around and waited for quite a while. I wish I would have known, I would have stayed in the Magic Kingdom for an extra 20 minutes!!

I actually think this is a picture of one of the "fake out" busses. We would get all ready to go and they'd be "sorry, this isn't your bus!" haha fail. I should have just stayed in Disney.

dsc00502hh.jpg

Our bus finally arrived, and our bus driver TOTALLY made up for it. His name was Gregory and he was hilarious. He had the perfect announcing voice and was extremely entertaining to listen to! He was one of the best bus drivers I've ever had!

He has us play a little game where he would say the name of a theme park and we would have to cheer loudest for which ones we liked the best! Magic Kingdom won, of course!

Then this came into sight. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

dsc00562xm.jpg

Sadness. :sad1:

dsc00340v.jpg

After we exited Disney World, Gregory was like "over to your right is Gaylord's Palace. I've been there. It's alright... but it's not Disney."

Hahaha he was AWESOME. He made a lot of other comparisons like that. Everything is alright, but it's just not Disney!! So true!

We watched the movie, envied Mickey and the Gang because of their "Next Stop - Disneyland!!" (lucky animals), and then finally we arrived at the airport. We went up to level three, made a left, checked in our luggage, took the mini monorail, looked through the Earport Store, and went through security.

We got some food once we made our way through. I got some sbarro Spaghetti and Meatballs.

dsc00592z.jpg

And Nat got a Chocolate Muffin and Mocha Drink from Starbucks.

dsc00572s.jpg

They were alright... but they weren't Disney!

We ate our non-Disney food very gloomily because it was finally time for us to actually go home.

We went in the Hudson News Store and I found SUCH a cute shirt. It was pink and had all of the Princesses, Tinkerbell, Pooh Characters, and Mickey and Minnie on it! I was so excited! Those are like all of my favorites on one shirt! It was a necessary purchase. I almost went home without a T-Shirt from this trip! Not acceptable LOL

dsc0083xo.jpg

We got to our Gate which was #123. We only sat for a little bit and then it was already time to board! We were in boarding group A 22 and 23.

We sat in the exact same seats on the plane home as we did on the way there - Row 8, me at the window and Nat in the middle.

We took off and there was a rainbow in the sky. How beautiful. What a pleasant way to leave Disney. It was probably telling us "don't worry! You'll be back soon!"

I caught up on my Trip Journal on the ride home, Nat slept, and I listened to Disney Music. *Sigh* leaving is so sad.

dsc00602sx.jpg

There were random bits of turbulence throughout the flight, but they weren't too bad. The flight home seemed a lot longer than the flight to Disney, which I found odd because usually it's the opposite. Oh well.

We were supposed to land at 10 pm but we ended up getting in at 9:40 pm! We got off of the plane and went to go meet up with our families!

The one good part about going home is seeing our parents! Nat and I missed them! We couldn't wait to tell everyone all about our trip. It was so good to be reunited!

dsc00622l.jpg

dsc00642vk.jpg

dsc00652iz.jpg

Our luggage came out super fast. Before we knew it it was time to say goodbye. Nat and I gave eachother the biggest hug EVER because this was the last time I was going to see her before college. We were so happy we got to spend that entire last week of summer together, though! It couldn't have been better! We were sad that it was already over.

dsc00612ez.jpg

We waved goodbye and went to the car. The wind started picking up really bad and there was a storm by the time we got home. Nat and I really lucked out - we only missed it by an hour! That would not have been a pleasant thing to fly into!

We finally got home and I just passed out on my bed. I didn't even have enough energy to unpack. I was asleep before 11 pm!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Thoughts
August 25th, 2011 and Beyond

The next day I unpacked, edited Disney pictures, and listened to Disney Music all day.

I gave everyone their presents and they were so happy! My Dad said his cookies were very delicious! And my Mom LOVED her candle holder - she said it was the perfect gift!

dsc00792aa.jpg

That day that I got home I actually received Kristen's postcard! She sent it literally hours before Nat and I arrived and surprised her! Little did she know all of the magic that was about to occur right after she wrote those words!

dsc0088ix.jpg

Aww and the postcard was of the Christmas Caste, getting me in the spirit for my Christmas Trip! I can't believe that vacation is over already, too! Time really flies.

I had two full days at home and then had to go off to college on August 27th. There's no other way I would have rather spent my last few days of summer! I felt like this trip was really the perfect way to wrap up my high school career.

This is one of those trips that I will NEVER forget. Unique aspects really make it especially memorable - such as the surprise and actually organizing a trip where Nat, Kristen, and I were in Disney all together. Those frumpy, delirious moments at extra magic hours will always be looked back at fondly.
And the memories really will live on forever!

When we all grow up and have our own families someday, it's going to be so great to go back and watch the videos and reread this trip report. The amazing thing about Disney is that it will still be around, but the memories made were so special and specific to this period of our lives. I am so happy to have these moments captured so that happy feeling will never go away!

As for future trips, if you haven't noticed the lack of ticker, I DON'T HAVE ONE PLANNED RIGHT NOW! I know, it's a strange thing. However, I thankfully have my Christmas Report going, so that will keep us entertained in the meantime. I would love for you all to join me over there, if you haven't already:

Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time!

That one is going to be PACKED with a lot of great and interesting stuff, so you're not going to want to miss it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, before we go, I have to put up the last three clips of the video! The first one is of the last day, the second one is a VERY special video that I think you'll all appreciate, and the third one is the wrap up. I hope you like them!

Part 19: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56m-DkZ3H2Q&feature=g-upl&context=G2dfb574AUAAAAAAACAA
Part 20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xAWAmjB5qw
Part 21: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3WABCPyyJw&feature=related

And remember, if you haven't watched all of the videos yet, you can get the full list here, right in the second half of the Table of Contents:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42637215&postcount=2

So, I hope you all enjoyed this Frump Trip! It was one that we will always treasure in our hearts. We aren't sure when the next one will be, but until then, THANK YOU for being such wonderful readers!

Also, thank you for all of the support and positive comments - without you guys and your kind words I probably still wouldn't be writing! I'm so glad you have been here throughout this adventure! You're all the best!

Hopefully we will see you all over on the Christmas trip report! Have a magical day, and always remember: there is nothing better than being a Disney loving frump. :goodvibes

Thanks everybody!

♥ Jess

Thanks for yet another wonderful and very enjoyable trip report! It is great that you and your friends are able to experience Disney together and that you all have equal love for it! :laughing:

Oh yes, the deer face video, LOVED IT! :thumbsup2

Great report! I admit to crying the last time I left MK on my last day--it such a sad and emotional moment. I'm surprised they don't have a CM assigned to hand out tissues on Main Street.

Good luck and best wishes with the start of your new school!

What a good last day. :) It's always so sad to leave, but you have gotten to go twice since then so it's not all bad. ;)
Thanks for another wonderful trip report. I love your TRs so much! Can't wait to keep reading the Christmas report.

Ah, you have me in tears! I am glad you had a great last day, though it is soooo sad to leave!

Good luck tomorrow at your new school, and I can't wait to catch up with you on your new report!

I can't believe you were able to make a video of more than 2 minutes of just deer faces! :lmao: Awesome! Now I kinda want to start making deer faces of my own. :rotfl:

I do not doubt for one second that you will remember this trip as something very special. Even as a reader, it felt like such a unique and incredibly memorable vacation. Thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks for all the enjoyment your TR and videos gave me. So sorry to see it end. All of you girls are so sweet and funny. Looking forward to the Christmas one and the next ones.

Jess - Good luck at your new school!!!

Awww, so sad to see the end of another TR, but that just means we look to the next time!

I have to back up a bit and say thatnks for the review of LTT. It has gone on my list. Your desert looked so de-lish!

You had a great last day in Disney! I bet you weren't to sad, as you knew you were coming back soon.

Wonderful TR! I'm glad to have followed along!

Just started reading your trip report today, and just wanted to say
I LOVE IT! :thumbsup2
You are a fantastic writer, and I am so excited right along with the both of you!
I got all choked up when you went thru the Disney world sign for the first time!
I hope my 12 yr. Old daughter continues to love WDW as much as you do.
I can't wait to read the rest.
Thanks for bringing some magic to my Saturday! :wizard:

So sad your trip report is over!! I felt your pain walking down Main Street for the last time! Looking forward to reading the Christmas Trip report :goodvibes

And Good Luck for starting your new college :thumbsup2

Another fantastic trip report!:goodvibes

I got the same wallet as you did on my last trip (its actually sitting next to me right now:laughing:).

I think the People Mover is a great last ride! Its one of my personal favorites!

I swear Mickey Rice Crispy Treats are THE BEST THINGS EVER!!!! When I was in Disneyland Paris last year all I really wanted was one but they did not have them there:eek: It was horrible!

I understand the happiness of being reuinited with parents! When I went on my Paris trip without them I was so happy to see them again at the end! I was bummed that the trip was over but I did not have time to concentrate on that because I was excited over seeing my parents again! Good thing about going on a trip without parents, it makes it easier to come home because you're happy to see them again:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!