They have a winner for the house in Florida on HGTV...

Whitegloves

Creative Arts!
and it wasn't me. Bummer. Oh well, the lucky winner is a father of 4 from Pennsylvania, up near Lake Erie. Congrats to him and his family. =0)

I am so jealous! I would have loved that house...:(

Good for him!! I hope he and his family can afford to keep it. The taxes are going to be through the roof! I kind of like the Mexico Beach area.

Back in 1982 when I was stationed in Panama City, I used to spend lots of time in Mexico Beach. The area was quiet and secluded and not heavily touristy like Panama City Beach. Lovely area..........I miss it!

Hi LindaR! That's what I like about Mexico Beach, too. It seems so peaceful there. :D PCB is far too busy for me. Especially now that the Spring Breakers are upon us.:(

I figured it wasn't me since I was never notified!

I remember last year the HGTV house was up in my area and I entered almost every day. The people that won had to sell the house because the taxes they had to pay on "their prize" was just out of this world. I often wonder who bought it and for how much. I think it's great HGTV does this every year. I wonder where it will be next year? Haven't they all been along the east coast so far?

Well, I entered the contest as a family of 4 living in Pennsylvania....I will gladly take it if the other person doesn't claim it, LOL.

Darn it-it's not me! After the winter we've had up here, he'll probably move in tomorrow! :)

The tax rate in Mexico Beach, unless it went up a LOT in the last couple years is REALLY low. I figured it would not be much more than $300 a month for taxes on the whole property. That certainly will not keep the winner from keeping it.

Am I wrong in my calculations?

Ted

Why have a prize where you are forced to sell because you can't afford the taxes:( ?????????

TC:cool:

What a house! And an SUV too! I also entered many times.

Oh well. I hope they enjoy it to the fullest. :D

Annemarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter