Things I *will* overhear this weekend at DL.

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I can virtually guarantee I'll hear some form of the following this Sunday at DL:

Guy (to his family): "Who wants to go to the haunted house?"

Guy (to anyone, probably a CM): "How much are Fast Passes?"

Guy (to a CM): "What time's the 4:30 parade?"

All kidding aside, this weekend should mean relatively light park attendance. All annual passes other than Signature (the one I hold, thankfully) are blocked. Looking forward to a relatively sane park visit on Sunday :-).

I can virtually guarantee I'll hear some form of the following this Sunday at DL:

Guy (to his family): "Who wants to go to the haunted house?"

Guy (to anyone, probably a CM): "How much are Fast Passes?"

Guy (to a CM): "What time's the 4:30 parade?"

All kidding aside, this weekend should mean relatively light park attendance. All annual passes other than Signature (the one I hold, thankfully) are blocked. Looking forward to a relatively sane park visit on Sunday :-).

We should be there Sunday. I'm preparing myself for crowds, but hoping it's not as bad as all reports from last week. I was quizzing my 6 y/o on Monday morning while walking to school and asked her what time is the 3:00 parade. She thought for just a second and said, "3:00."

I was quizzing my 6 y/o on Monday morning while walking to school and asked her what time is the 3:00 parade. She thought for just a second and said, "3:00."

But when you're sitting at the END of the parade route, the parade YOU see isn't at all at 3 o'clock, is it? Hence the question. It means "what time does the parade get to the area where I'm sitting?"

In late July, unless a work trip for DH that we can tag along for happens, you'll hear "let's go on Guardians again!" and "omg that travesty and waste that destroyed good theming and started your classic TV education, NO!" ad nauseum. Grumble grumble.

Things you will hear from our family when we're there next week:

Husband: "Can anybody rent those scooters? One of those looks pretty good right about now."

Child: (pointing to Peter Pan, which will have a 45-60 min wait) "I want to go on Peter Pan. Can we go on Peter Pan now?"

Husband: (from about 10 am onward) "When are we going back to the hotel?"

Husband and/or Child(ren): (on morning #3) "Why is it that we're doing rope drop? Can we just sleep in?"

Mom: (in response to Husband/Child(ren) request above) "You're all welcome to go back to sleep! (of course we know that none of them will go back to sleep) You can meet up with me/us later. Just call or send me a text message and I'll meet up with you! But I'm leaving in 10 minutes with or without you." :rotfl2:

You are kidding, right? We are headed down. We figure it will be a 10/10, and will be totally insane.

Most likely scenario right there.

We have made the mistake of thinking holiday weekend crowds would be light due to blackouts. Yeah, not so much.

Doesn't Guardians open this weekend? That is bound to bring crowds. I also know our High School choir is down there is weekend. I expect huge crowds!

wishful thinking!!!! :flower1:

My brother is a band teacher and taking his high school band to Disneyland this weekend for the magic music days program (is that still what it is called??).

Doesn't Guardians open this weekend? That is bound to bring crowds. I also know our High School choir is down there is weekend. I expect huge crowds!

My brother is a band teacher and taking his high school band to Disneyland this weekend for the magic music days program (is that still what it is called??).

Yup! Our high school has a group headed down today too. Apparently between 2 high schools, plus the necessary chaperones, they have an essentially fully booked plane. And it's not like ours are the only schools going ;)

Wait times are SUPER low today. Might not be too crowded this weekend after all. Easter weekend part deux...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter