Things my dad will like at WDW??

disnaholic

<font color=red>Hey HUSBAND, hands off my tag!!!</
Hi
We are going to WDW in October for 4 nights, and my dad is coming with us. He is not big on theme parks, but I think he is going to go to AK. We are staying at AKL. I know he will enjoy PI.
Is there anything else I can suggest for him to do while at WDW. I did make a PS for a family dinner at O'hana's, I know he will enjoy this.

Thanks!:confused:

When my Mom was in her early 60's (she is now 86) I took her to Disneyland. She, too, kept telling me she is not a theme park person. Afterwards she told me thank you. She thoroughly enjoyed herself.

I am not a thrill ride person yet I still enjoy the parks. There is something for everyone.

Give him a copy of Birnbaum's and let him decide what he might want to do.

Cyn

disnaholic,

I took my dad to WDW for his first trip last Thanksgiving. He enjoyed many of the Epcot attractions: Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land ride and the Behind The Seeds Tour of the Land pavilion, the World Showcase countries including the Impressions de France film, and IllumiNations. At Disney-MGM Studios, he really laughed with the servers at the 50's Prime Time Cafe and enjoyed the Animation Tour, the Great Movie Ride and the Fantasmic show. At the Animal Kingdom, the Festival of the Lion King show and the Kilimanjaro Safari ride were big hits. At the Magic Kingdom, he remembers the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Country Bear Jamboree, the Haunted Mansion, the Hall of Presidents, and the Carousel of Progress. The California Grill was probably his favorite restaurant. Have a great time!

Steven Barrett, author of "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" and "Hidden Mickeys, A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets", both books published by The Intrepid Traveler Publishers

I am not sure how old your Dad is.....but I have raised my children and my husband and I go to WDW whenever we can.... We do like it.. I am not a ride person..but I love walking around... shopping.. people watching and just generally enjoy being away from the cold weather in New England..

I agree with the above poster... get him the book and let him decide what he wants to do..

I do think if you get a change to eat at Teppaniki in Japan that is a fun place.......good food, fresh and cooked right in front of you..

It depends what his interests are. He might like AK if he likes zoos, but there is a ton of walking there and very little shade. Epcot may be the most appealing in general. It doesn't feel like a theme park at all, especially World Showcase. If he likes the festive feeling of PI, he might like MGM. There are a lot of shows, and he may enjoy the feel of the old days.:Pinkbounc

We have taken my dad who is 67 twice & he loves it (although he may not admit how much). You didn't mention if you have kids, but my dad just loves being with & watching the grandkids. He rode everything we did, even the bigger rides (like RnR & ToT). I think he just loves to experience everything with his grandchildren. His favorite part is probably the meals. He loved watching the kids at the character meals (his favorites were Donald's at AK & CM's). Also, the last time we visited Disney, we were there during my dad's birthday & we did an Illuminations birthday cruise. He absolutely loved it! Even if you can't do the cruise, I would try to catch Illuminations. It is one of those things my dad still talks about. Anyway, I'm sure he'll have fun once he is there & he may suprise you by doing some things you'd never expect!!:p

Anyway, Have A Great Trip!:wave:

My mother is not a theme park fan but tried WDW once. She really didn't care for anything but resort hopping and World Showcase! I would definitely try to get your Dad to go to Epcot. If he is a movie buff, he might like some aspects of the Disney Studios too.

My Dad was 76 or 77 when we all went together. He never had much interest in going on trips or anything, but I wanted to create some memories before it was too late. He absolutely loved everything about WDW. He went into a few attractions (he was scooter bound), but most of all just loved watching the fun everyone was having. Epcot was his favorite. Now that he's gone, I am soooo glad we all went together.

If he's at all interested in Walt Disney himself, don't forget "One Man's Dream" at the Studios. You don't say how old he is, but if he's a baby boomer like us, Walt might be an icon of his childhood.

I agree that it's great he's coming with you. Some of our best memories involve trips we've taken with my parents, and I don't regret a single one. Even when I look at the credit card bills! :p

My dad loves the numerous opportunities to eat ice cream!! His favorite attraction is Country Bear Jamboree. His favorite ride is the train.

Me, my 2 DD's and my parents went to WDW this past may. My dad is 55 and this was his first vacation anywhere that didnt involve going to visit family across the country. I planned the whole trip. He almost didnt come with us at the last minute, he figured it was just not worth the money. Of course I was upset and told him that I was still going and taking mom whether he went or not. He finally gave in and came with us. We rented a stretch limo to surprise the kids, to take us to the resort. We stayed at POR. Once we got on the plane he totally relaxed and when we got to our limo, he decided that this was going to be a great vacation. We went to all 4 major WDW theme parks, blizzard beach, DTD, & Disneyquest. His favorite park was Epcot, but he loved the whole trip. Now all he talks about is going back to WDW. He says next time we go back we are spending 2 weeks there. HE loved POR but wants to try the AK lodge next time. Oh, and he cant wait to get back to WDW to see Jasmine.....
:) :)
He had a great time at disney and we are all looking forward to going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter