Things to do after the park closes for the day?

I'll be at WDW for my first ever visit from July 11-20. I am assuming I will not be able to explore resorts I am not a guest of, so other than Disney Springs what else might there be to do in the evenings after the parks close?
Following as I’d be interested to hear this also! I’ve heard others mention about classes such as yoga, the boardwalk, and evening shows... can you contact for a schedule?

We are usual die hard fans and stay to park closing in the wee hours - so while I'm open to a less intense trip I am wondering what we will do in the evenings - Mid October so I'm not sure pools will be a real option (besides not real water people).

The shorter hours allowed us to go back to our DVC and really make dinner - did that 3 days out of the 5. We spent some time in the pool and watched some of the Disney movies - there is always something on. We tried to enjoy the rest of the resort, but really a lot of the common spaces at the resorts closed early too. I won't say we were bored though. We brought card and board games but never used them. We brought an older Chromecast that we could not get to work but that really wasn't a problem either.

We are going to go to Disney Springs and try all of the restaurants we never make it to on regular trips.

We are planning our October trip. Will have DD, age 25 and her newly minted fiancé in tow, who’s never been to Disney. We are staying at the Vistana, which is currently rolling up their pools along with the sidewalks at 7 pm. And no hot tubs. I am going to make in park dining ressies at park close for our park days. Can we then make a ressie just for drinks and dessert at places in DS? Trying to imagine how to extend the evening as long as possible. They are normally sleep till 11, go to pool, hit the parks at 5 kind of people. A.K.A. Why we stay at the Vistana.
And hoping they resume 10 day tickets! Or APs.
We have been seriously staying at Vistana, but not sure as we always stay on property. Sounds like from your comments - you've stayed there before.

Hi.... we are staying at the Boardwalk villas from sept 12-19. I am looking for entertainment ideas after the parks close. What are resort guests doing after 7 pm besides going to Disney Springs? Looking for laid back ideas, out of the way places. Places to just enjoy the details of the WDW property that are normally missed. Thanks

Hi.... we are staying at the Boardwalk villas from sept 12-19. I am looking for entertainment ideas after the parks close. What are resort guests doing after 7 pm besides going to Disney Springs? Looking for laid back ideas, out of the way places. Places to just enjoy the details of the WDW property that are normally missed. Thanks
We're probably venturing out for dinner at resorts we'd otherwise not have gone to and the pool at our resort for us.

You know another option is to go over to CityWalk! Walk around, grab some macaroons from Toothsome :) They did have some outdoor entertainment in June when we were there as well in the evenings.

If you're a fan of the WDW signature restaurants try The Palm restaurant in the Hard Rock Hotel. We found that in June as well and LOVED it, definitely was an equivalent to some of the signatures and at that time we ate at 8pm

Not to sound rude, but read the thread :) not a lot of options at night besides DS and mini golf

Aside from Disney Springs there's not much going on after the parks close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!