Things to do at Huntington Beach

kimis

DIS Veteran
:beach: We will be going to Huntington Beach after our DL trip in June. I was wondering :idea: what there is do there besides the beach ofcourse. Are there any places we should see? How far away is Santa Monica Pier?
I would appreciate any ideas!:confused3 Thank you!

We love Huntington Beach. The pier is great fun, has a kite shop on it, get a kite and play on the beach. There are fun shops, and restaurants. You can rent bikes, roller blades, boogie boards etc.

We went on night and had a barbeque on the beach and watched the sun set. Sometimes you can see dolphins jumping in the surf.

Have a great time!

The adventure playground at Huntington Central Park is always fun. If you google Huntington Central park there is a link to it. Ruby's at the end of the pier is always a favorite for us , there's nothing better that a burger and shake over the ocean !

We were just there not too long ago...definitely eat at Ruby's at the end of the pier! We went to Santa Monica Pier and I remember it not taking too long, but I'm not sure exactly how far away it was.

We ate at Ruby's too! Great malts, burgers and great service!
We mostly just hung out at the beach. We met some local friends with kids who brought beach toys and the kids had a blast building sand castles and collecting sea shells. It depends on the ages in your group, but it can be fun just walking up Main Street (Beach Blvd) to see the shops and experience "the O.C." -- so to speak.
The Paradise Pier section of DCA really reminds me of Santa Monica Pier -- only disneyfied... I love the Paradise Pier section of DCA... if you go to Santa Monica Pier, you'll have to let me/us know what you think!

If you have younger kids, bring along (or buy some cheap at Target/Walmart) beach toys.

There used to be a farmers market every friday which is fun to browse through. I'm not sure if they still have though.

There used to be a farmers market every friday which is fun to browse through. I'm not sure if they still have though.

Yes, there still is a farmers market and craft fair on Friday afternoons except during special events like surfing competitions. Through May on Tuesday evenings, Main Street is closed to traffic from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. for a street fair of sorts. A smaller farmers market, street entertainers, kid entertainment (bouncer, balloon animals, mini train ride) and lots of outdoor dining. It might continue past May but you'll have to stay tuned; this is an experiment. They'll re-evaluate the situation after that.

If we stay in Huntington Beach, how is the trip up to Hollywood for a day of sightseeing? It would be a weekday, so is trafic going to make it impossible? We have a car rented, so that is not a problem. I am trying to decide whether to stay in Santa Monica or Huntington Beach........

It is a good hour or so to Hollywood. You should take the main freeway. There are sometimes slow trips in .

We usually went about 10 am after the huge huge rush hour in the morning!

If you go to Rodeo Drive, DO park in 2 Rodeo Drive underground for amazing Valet parking. It was quite lovely and a huge secret. Best bathrooms I have ever seen in my life. Immaculate and you take an elevator up to 2 Rodeo (the cute uphill street) and window shop around there.
Go to the Beverly Hills Diner for the BEST diner food in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter