Things to do outside of the parks

Disneytam

disneytam
We have an upcoming trip to Universal and will be there for a long 9 days. Yes we plan on spending lots of time in the parks and enjoying the pool at PBR but looking for other suggestions of activities to do. Our party is 4 adults and twin 5 year old girls. We already plan on going bowling one night and maybe taking in a movie. Trip is the middle of November.

I sometimes do a day trip to Nasa.

There is also Sea World which has a sesame street area.

Legoland is also an option

Did you mean on or off property? We don't leave Universal property when we go so can't help you with that.

In my opinion, there isn't a lot to do on Universal property. They do have miniature golf at Citywalk. They have two different courses. There isn't much at Citywalk. They have a few stores and different dining options. We always spend one day at Citywalk, and when we go the parks close relatively early so we go to dinner at Citywalk also. We enjoy Citywalk but we like shopping and eating. :-)

You can also visit the other resorts.

Portofino Bay has singers that come out daily to sing on the balcony. I think it's at 6pm. "Catch this impressive performance of classic opera, festive melodies, and "popera" favorites..." They have seating outside and you can have wine or gelatto while you listen.

Hard Rock has live music and activities by the pool. It's been a while for us so not sure what they offer now.

Those are the only two hotels we stay at so that's all I know. Although, Cabana Bay has a lazy river (we've never been there).

There's also Volcano Bay water park. Not sure if that's one of the parks you are already going to. We have never been since we have plenty of large water parks by our home, but I hear great things about VB.

Pool hop if looking for activities on property.

There are a bunch of fun activities on I Drive.

Wonderworks comes to mind for kids.

SeaWorld is a lot of fun too of course.

Last edited:
A guided fossil hunt.
Canoe down one of the many springfed rivers.
Visit any of the dozens of national, state and local parks.
NASA, as mentioned.
The huge array of retail therapy available.

Echo the good reviews for the science centre. Top golf can be fun and they do cheaper rates on a tuesday. I love a walk at Winter Park or Winter Garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter