thinking about buying disney stock...any fringe benefits???

andychris14

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of buying some disney stock. Does anyone know if you get and benefits from having the stock. Discounts, etc? I am never good at stocks, but with disney I figured what the heck. Also where is the best and cheapest place to buy some? Thanks!!!

There are no perqs for owning Disney stock. The only neat thing about it is the certificate and the dividend checks. The certificate is really nice and the checks have Mickey on them.
As to the "cheapest" place to buy it, I cannot help you there, but, I am sure another member can.

Hi-
The cheapest place I have found to buy Disney Stock is Sharebuilder.com. You don't have to buy a certain number of shares but you buy a certain Dollar amount (dollar cost averaging). The fee is $4/transaction and you don't need a broker. Sharebuilder is the online broker thing...You can buy as little or as much as you want and you can add to the amount. The stock is purchased every Tuesday in the amount you request. ZOn my account, the dividends are re-invested so I never get a check.

Lisa

I don't think you can purchase shares initially from Disney but subsequent shares I thought you could. Go to the Dis website and look for the link for investor relations.

Years ago there were some great perks for owning Disney shares but the company eliminated them when people were buying one or two shares just to get them.

Fringe benefits? Nada. Last benefit I received was $10 off a renewal on the Magic Kingdom Club, (now the Disney Club). Nothing else at all.:(

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I found one perk . I found it on page 21 of the Birnbaum's Offical Guiide to WDW 2001 book. Disney club 2 year membership for $ 50.00 ( Rather then $ 65.00) not much but its something. I haven't checked the 2002 book so this may have gone out the window but its worth asking about.

Hi Buzzz - I think that there are no more 2 year DC memberships. :( They are all now $39.95 per year. Unless you have a $10 discount from your Human Resources at work, a Credit Union, etc. Or you can get about a $9 discount if you own the Entertainment Book.

Beth,
Hi!!! I thnk the initial membership is 39.95 and renewals are 29.95. This is on a yearly basis.
Or.............have they changed again?

We-e-e-ll, I think that I have read that you are mailed a $10 off coupon or something like that to renew. But I am not positive, ours expires in May...
And you are right Gail, there are only 1 year memberships...the LAST I heard! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter