Thinking About Coral Reef Reservation. Anyone Been Recently?

alice0826

Mouseketeer
Hi. We are heading to WDW in October and are thinking about making a reservation at Coral Reef. We haven't eaten there in a few years and it was just okay the last time we were there. Has anyone been there recently? The reviews I've read so far seem to be mixed. Thanks for any help you can offer!

I was there on either the 6th or 7th (haven't checked my notes) and I was pleasantly surprised. I was not expecting much because of reviews and past experiences but the Mahi Mahi was really good. Several people in my group had the chicken and I believe 2 had the steak but don't quote me on that and everyone seemed to enjoy it and the service was very good as well. After several restaurant really disappointed us (Mama Melrose and Rose & Crown in particular) this was a nice surprise and what really shocked me was the huge number of people waiting to get in when we left.

I enjoyed it. There was a review on here from a regular poster about the restaurant and I decided to give Kevin's favourite restaurant a try. It was surprisingly good. Probably the 3rd best meal I had on that trip. It was a little expensive for what it was, but I'd go there again.

Thank you KenHutch and Lesverts! I really appreciate your feedback. We need to book a restaurant in Epcot and were considering Coral Reef. Are there any other restaurants you would recommend? We already have a reservation at Chefs de France later in our trip.

My daughter and her husband went to Coral Reef 2 weeks ago. They were in Epcot and wanted somewhere air-conditioned to eat. They loved the atmosphere. My daughter had the lobster macaroni and cheese. She thought it was fair. Her husband had the shrimp and grits and thought it was fantastic. They both raved about it our whole vacation. They would definitely go back again.

Thank you KenHutch and Lesverts! I really appreciate your feedback. We need to book a restaurant in Epcot and were considering Coral Reef. Are there any other restaurants you would recommend? We already have a reservation at Chefs de France later in our trip.
If you like standard Chinese food 9 Dragons is good my issue with it is every town has a better Chinese restaurant and this pains me but be careful of Rose & Crown. In 5 trips we had eaten there 5 times but my girls have told me never again. They dropped the steak (manager said it wasn't British enough) and Corned Beef and Cabbage and the Shephards Pie was just bad not average bad and that's unusual for an Epcot restaurant. You will enjoy Chefs de France though. Still as good as ever.

Teppan Edo is expensive but it is dinner and a show. I really enjoyed eating there. Via Napoli is popular but I am not a fan of the service. I have enjoyed rose and crown but have had the same thing every time. Just he standard fish and chips. But with so much else to try I pass on it now because I want to get to Biergarten and chefs.

I appreciate all the feedback! We really like Biergarten but we are going with friends who have some food restrictions and buffets usually don't work for them. We've never tried Via Napoli so that may be an option too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter