Thinking about renting - lead up time?

Pdollar88

DIS Veteran
I’ve probably missed the window for my early September trip, but I’m now considering renting dvc points. We stayed in the Epcot resorts area last time and I feel very spoiled - I really want to go back.

How much lead time do you need to secure a reservation with rented points? Thinking about BWV or BCV.

To get a studio at BCV or BWV anytime during the Food & Wine Festival, you'll need to rent well before the 7 month window opens to assure getting the room. At the BWV, plan on a Pool/Garden view, unless you can find a BWV owner who is willing to go online the instant the 11 month window opens.

Fall is the most popular season of the year for the EPCOT resorts, and studios the most popular villa type.

If you are willing to book a 1 bedroom, you may still find availability. Since the 7 month window is open for September (and most of October), any DVC owner (no matter which resort(s) he/she owns) can make reservations. If you go that route, the quicker you act, the better the chance of still getting something. Good luck!

Last edited:
To get a studio at BCV or BWV anytime during the Food & Wine Festival, you'll need to rent well before the 7 month window opens to assure getting the room. At the BWV, plan on a Pool/Garden view, unless you can find a BWV owner who is willing to go online the instant the 11 month window opens.

Fall is the most popular season of the year for the EPCOT resorts, and studios the most popular villa type.

If you are willing to book a 1 bedroom, you may still find availability. Since the 7 month window is open for September (and most of October), any DVC owner (no matter which resort(s) he/she owns) can make reservations. If you go that route, the quicker you act, the better the chance of still getting something. Good luck!

Thank you for the help! I believe I misspoke - I would love a 1 bedroom studio, that would be my preferred option.

Thank you for the help! I believe I misspoke - I would love a 1 bedroom studio, that would be my preferred option.

Not sure what you mean by a 1 bedroom studio. Generally, (there are a few different configurations) studios are one room that has a queen bed & a double sleep sofa, a kitchenette & a bathroom. 1 bedrooms have a separate bedroom with a king bed, a bathroom, a washer/dryer in the Vila, and a large area that has a living room with a queen sleep sofa and a fully equipped kitchen. (Again, there are a few different configurations, depending on the resort). The 1 bedrooms usually cost about double the cost of the studios.

Not sure what you mean by a 1 bedroom studio. Generally, (there are a few different configurations) studios are one room that has a queen bed & a double sleep sofa, a kitchenette & a bathroom. 1 bedrooms have a separate bedroom with a king bed, a bathroom, a washer/dryer in the Vila, and a large area that has a living room with a queen sleep sofa and a fully equipped kitchen. (Again, there are a few different configurations, depending on the resort). The 1 bedrooms usually cost about double the cost of the studios.

New to this, apologies. I meant the studio that you described, aka the cheaper option. Thank you again for your clarification.

You won't find a studio at either BWV or BVC available for more than a night or two here and there for fall this year. As others have said, if you are looking for next year, the closer to 11 months out you can commit, the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!