"This Coupon Cannot be Applied to Your Reservation" Question

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
I have noticed in trip planning that the closer it gets to a trip the less likely I am to be able to apply a coupon to a car rental reservation.

Do the rental companies just stop accepting coupons completely when the trip is a few weeks out? I understand the supply and demand factor, but this seems to happen all times we travel, peak and off season.

We are still looking for a rental from MCO on 2/21 to return on 2/27, (2:30)and I cannot get it less than 275.00

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any coupons that will work this close to a trip?

Thanks for any help you may provide.:goodvibes

I have noticed in trip planning that the closer it gets to a trip the less likely I am to be able to apply a coupon to a car rental reservation.

Do the rental companies just stop accepting coupons completely when the trip is a few weeks out? I understand the supply and demand factor, but this seems to happen all times we travel, peak and off season.

We are still looking for a rental from MCO on 2/21 to return on 2/27, (2:30)and I cannot get it less than 275.00

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any coupons that will work this close to a trip?

It totally depends on the car rental agency. check on mousesavers.com for coupons, join the car rental clubs, they are usually free.

Please excuse my coupon spelling- I cannot correct the post title.
I did it for you!! There ya go.

You may find rental companies that will allow you to make reservations close to the rental date. I don't think you can apply a coupon to an existing reservation though...you have to do it all at once, when booking.

CALL!!!! I was having trouble also, and I called, and a really nice rep found me a code better than the one I had, and got me $100 cheaper than ANY other company. We are renting a MINIVAN for 2 weeks to drive down and back from OH, and its only $575 plus tax, and a few extra miles we will have to add. Some others were as high as $900 with a coupon. Disdn't even believe it till I got the email confirmation with all the details.

Not sure what type of vehicle you are looking for but on expedia.ca you can get a prepaid rate of $133CAN for a full size inc taxes. US residents can book on there as well.

yes 2/20 is a holiday and i made my ressie very early..but now i see they r excluding those dates..try auto slash or anothr agency..

If booking with Alamo its too early for you to see good rental car prices. Later this coming week you should see rates with Alamo drop. Usually the closer you get to your travel date the more the rates drop. My rate as slowly dropped over the past two weeks. Yesterday my rate dropped to $90 for a weekly mid size rental. When I looks a month ago I was at nearly $300 for my rental!!!

Join the Alamo Insider club. Its free and they have some good deals for members.

I would definantely check everyday the week leading up to your trip to see what the price has dropped to.

Does the coupon have restrictions, for example limited to intermediate through full size, or excluding certain car class codes eg EDAR, XCAS, etc? One rental company may use the same class codes as another but for different kinds of cars.

I'm guessing this is for National---and they've been a lot tighter with coupons applied to reservations. I find that I can rarely apply a coupon to my reservations these days, no matter when I make them. I'm not sure exactly why. In part, it may be because my employer has a negotiated rate that we can use for personal travel. It's usually very competitive already, but every little bit helps.

Another possiblity is using a coupon from BJ's or similar company. I find that even when Alamo blacks out dates for using their coupons, the BJ's coupon still works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter