<font color=darkorchid>The most fab of surprises!<
Cast
Me
DH
DS1 – celebrating his 7th Birthday
DS2 – 4 & autistic

Hotel – Cheyenne – 14th – 17th October

Background
This has been booked since March, making this the biggest and longest secret I have ever kept, as boys have no idea about the whole trip!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been ill most of the week with a bad throat, and startings of a cold, but thought id be fine……. :sad2:

Day 1
Dh and I had managed to get everything sorted the night before, and my inlaws had collected the dog, after making a pretence that they had come to see the boys! So, 4am and we got ourselves sorted and cases into car, and then woke boys and dressed them, telling them daddy had to fly away with work (they are used to this due to dh working over in france all last yr) and so into the car, and off to the airport. We parked up the car, and asked boys if they wanted to help daddy with all the cases, and they didn’t even twig when they saw their own cases – believed the story that daddy needed extra case lol so, we kept up this pretence all the way thru to the gate – shows that kids will believe anything early in the morning!! We told them at the gate, and tbh they were in shock, ds1 still thought that he was helping daddy, and asked when we would all go – and we said, were going now, and he said, but ive got no clothes!! After being reassured, we got on the plane and on our way – this was the first time that the boys have flown, ds2 was very nervous and gripped me the whole flight!!

Arrived fine, (although I had a headache starting) and were met by ezyshuttle and then on our way to the hotel!!

Within 40 mins and we were there!!! Checked in, and even tho I had requested a room when I booked, and a few days before which I had been told was fine and we would definitely have the room – they had changed us to wyatt earp – I didn’t make a fuss, as we were able to go into the room straight away, but was a bit peeved how they made a show of saying they had changed the room due to seeing we had a birthday during the stay and there wud be a surprise in the room later…… this turned out to be the usual choc coins, and so I was a little annoyed, as wud have preferred the room we shud have had, as ours was right near the bus stop and first night had ppl walking past the window loudly til late!!!! :headache:

Anyhow – bags into room and got ourselves ready to head to the magic!!!

Into the park, and were welcomed by character express just coming out, and 1st stop was city hall, where, we collected ds2s easy access pass, and tried to sort out a surprise for fin, which failed dismally, even tho it had been agreed by email beforehand – so glad I hadn’t told him about it!!! Then, off to emporium to buy autograph books!!
Decided to head to frontierland to start with, as was after 11am and so we took in the pumpkin sights and headed to BTM for first ride!! We then walked further in and ds2 wanted to see woody, and ds1 wanted to see jack & sally – so we split up….. we were doing ok in the queue, as it wasn’t long, but then they went off for break, and ds2 got distressed, so we left and joined dh & ds1…. Except just as we got to the front – they went off for a break!!! :laughing: We waited, and jack came back alone (much to ds1s disappointment) but autographs collected, we headed back for woody, and decided to use ds2s pass to get thru quicker as the queue had grown rapidly…. Shown straight into goofy & Pluto, who played around for ages with the boys, Pluto crawled along the floor at ds2 and I swear I cud hear ‘him’ barking lol then on to mickey & Minnie, and ds1 gave mickey a big hug, and then handed book to Minnie lol ds2 passed his to mickey, and then gave him a kiss, prompting mickey to stick his thumb on his nose and dance around and winding Minnie up – so so funny!! :lmao: Eventutally we got all the autographs (and a special happy Halloween from mickey in ds2s book) and then onto woody & Jessie!! What a fab start to the holiday!! Wandered around after this, took in the atmosphere and all the pumpkins – the theming is fab!! :thumbsup2

Then headed to adventureland and went on pirates after walking round adventure isle and seeing the pirate ship…. Ds2 spotted the Halloween stitch in the pirates shop that hed seen online, and so first toy purchase was made!!!!

We then headed to fantasyland and decided on toilet stop and then food as wed had an early breakfast so chose toad hall for lunch…. This was oak, service very very slow, and food adequate – disappointed after hearing so many good reviews, and I wont return, as not totally convinced that it wasn’t here that contributed to my illness – I had the chicken burger with whatever sauce they put on….

Anyhow, we then went off to do the usual rides, dumbo, peter pan, tea cups (all walk ons – fab!) but whilst on tea cups had horrible pains start in my stomach, so I visited the toilets whilst dh took the boys on the carousel….. :sick: I ended up in the toilets for quite a while, but eventually felt well enuf to leave them, and joined up with the others, and we headed to IASW and then towards the castle stage and decided to stop to wait for the show as we had time to kill before the parade!!

We got a great spot to the side, and loved watching stitch mucking around sliding and rolling down the banister of the steps up to the stage – he was soooooo funny! After hed come off he came over to our side, and then, spotting ds2s pumpkin stich, grabbed it off him and kissed it, and then was hugging ds2 and pulling up his hood, ds2 gave him a big kiss on his nose which got stitch dancing!!

We then went and got ourselves a spot just down from bella notte on the opposite side which gave us a good view up to IASW and watched the parade – love the Halloween music so much, hence the trip title!! Its now my ringtone on my phone lol

We then went into discoveryland and again walked onto orbitron (after ds2 getting upset when realised buzz lightyear was shut ) and then tried star tours for the first time (again walk on) and we all loved it!!

We were now flagging, so decide this wud be a good time to head back to the hotel, especially as I still wasn’t feeling 100% so an early night (asleep by 8pm lol and that was me!!)

pictures are on facebook - let me know if u cant seen them, as will need to change access lol

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=238273&id=636916821#!/album.php?aid=238127&id=636916821

Blimey Nikki - all that on your first day!!!!

I agree about the burgers (of any description) at Toad Hall, in fact, its only the fish and chips I'd recommend there - but they are really good ;).
Its a dill mayonnaise they put on their chicken burger I believe, my nephew had it once, hated the mayo.

Jeez, pity about you not feeling 100%.

I'd really like to try a Disney Halloween and Xmas vacation.

We stayed at the Cheyenne last year on our visit, at Halloween time did they do it up in anyway?

FD

Well done on keeping the trip a surprise right up to the last moment - your boys are so lucky :goodvibes
Horrible about you getting ill though :sick:
Can't see the piccies, it says no permission to view page...

Great start of your trip, i love the photos :goodvibes
Shame you did not feel good anyway :hug:

Well done on keeping the trip a surprise right up to the last moment - your boys are so lucky :goodvibes
Horrible about you getting ill though :sick:
Can't see the piccies, it says no permission to view page...

change permissions on pics - so u shud be able to see them (i hope lol)

Aww brilliant report, sounds like you got some brill character interaction! Well done you for keeping it a secret, can only imagine the look on their faces haha!! :) :)

what a first day you had, very busy and got alot done, looking forward to the rest of the tr, making me all excited about our next trip. Sorry you wernt feeling well, i had that buger in toad hall before and i made me feel really unwell as well! :sick: glad the boys didnt guess and how cute that finn was very worried about not packing his clothes! so cute x

hmmm - wonder if it was the dill mayo stuff then?? glad im not the only one who didnt like it lol

thanks for all ur comments so far - we really did have a lovely time, and its wonderful being sumwhere that ds2 doesnt stand out as different, and also, somewhere he loves so much and is happy there!!

I'd love to book a secret trip for Lucas but both Denise and I are utterly rubbish at keeping secrets!

I'd love to book a secret trip for Lucas but both Denise and I are utterly rubbish at keeping secrets!

steve i am hopeless too - i have bored my friends silly about it (and anyone else who wud listen) as i needed to talk bout it with sum1 lol

i dont know how i managed it - but it was worth it!!! dont think ill do it again tho - too much stress :rotfl:

where do you find the time to write all that!!!:rotfl:

Glad you had a great first day bar the illness!!! :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter