Delete Thread

I know that Robin Williams IS the genie to us all, but as a 90's kid I've yet to be disappointed by anything Will Smith has been in.

Hey I'm an 80's kid but still also love Will Smith lol

Not something that has much to do with me, buuuut any new resorts means new dining!

Agreed - that's a good way to think about it!! I hadn't thought of that :)

A cannoli cupcake

That looks seriously good. And sort of different!

We had a lot of fun, and since our Disney trips never seem to coincide, I see more shopping trips in our future either at Crossgates or Woodbury!

what a fun meet you guys had! I love Melting pot!! I also love Woodbury...if only it wasn't like a 6 hour drive lol. Your ADR list looks awesome. Your past review of Homecomin' is making me really want to go there...not sure it will fit in this next trip but would really like to!

Oh you did a MUCH better job of describing the food lol! I just wrote what I remembered because I wanted to get the update done :) It was so much fun getting to meet you!

Ariane was a bad influence on me because I didn't intend to buy anymore shirts for the trip :rotfl: But then I saw this:
:laughing: Both shirts you got are adorable, you HAD to get them!

We also took a selfie to commemorate our Dismeet. If I had only known what Ariane was wearing we could've shown up to the mall in matching shirts :lmao:
And like I said, people would have felt bad for the young girl whose mom made them match that day :rotfl:

We had a lot of fun, and since our Disney trips never seem to coincide, I see more shopping trips in our future either at Crossgates or Woodbury!
Definitely :thumbsup2

Citricos-5:40 am
So happy you've decided to try it and I hope you guys love it as much as we do.

Did anyone see these that are coming out August 12th (in stores and on the app)? I need one!
And glad you told me about this yesterday, definitely getting a shirt or two :(

I also love Woodbury...if only it wasn't like a 6 hour drive lol.
Well now Woodbury is only 30 minutes from me, so if you do ever make the long trek there definitely let me know!

I think we'll have no problem finding a spot to watch the fireworks from, and most the dessert parties don't provide Josh with many choices so he never gets too excited for them.

No kidding! The special diets options at these seem to be pretty slim pickin's. I'm sure it would have been fun, but sounds like you made the best choice!

I added Citricos back on when I heard about the 30% off for AP holders since we only planned to do one signature at first, but at this price I think it's a pretty good deal.

Great idea!! I want to try Citricos sometime soon, too! Especially after reading @ariane37's reviews! I almost added either this meal, or Jiko when the 30% came out, but I just couldn't find a place to fit it in without sacrificing another meal that I didn't want to miss out on that would have been cheaper. So maybe next time I guess.

Did anyone see these that are coming out August 12th (in stores and on the app)? I need one!

pqlvMbrl.jpg

Oh my gosh I love these!!

Mom & baby Chewbacca PJ's! :hyper:

NO WAY! So cute!!!

And as most of you know this weekend I got to meet up with @ariane37!

YAY!

Sounds like you had a great meet and a yummy melted meal!

Ariane was a bad influence on me because I didn't intend to buy anymore shirts for the trip :rotfl: But then I saw this:

screen-shot-2017-07-30-at-12-51-09-am-png.257273

So cute - how could you not?

To think 2 years ago I thought we were going on a "once in a lifetime" trip, and now here we are heading on our 5th trip :rotfl:

Haha why does it always seem to happen this way!!?? When we went last spring it was going to be a one time thing, at least for the next few years. This upcoming trip will mark the fourth trip, and January will be the fifth in less than two years.

I ultimately decided to book the ETTB package, because I was thinking of trying GG anyway. Breakfast fit best into our plans, and I was happy with the time they gave us.
I really wanted to do breakfast here, but I could only get lunch with our big group. I want the nutella sauce and the sticky bun!

These make me sad :sad: Flights seemed to be really high for some reason, so no trip.

We had a delightful lunch at The Melting Pot. So here's some food pictures coming your way!
I have finally been convinced to go to The Melting Pot. You're probably thinking, who needs convincing for cheese and chocolate... :confused3 It's just never been on my radar, but your pictures have done it.

I love them! I stopped at Walmart, of all places, for something... and ended up with 4 Disney shirts. Two really cute ones (Walmart, who knew? :confused3) and two funny ones for work. I don't need any other shirts either, but I can't help it!

And finally I found this picture the other day! These are my tickets from our first trip 2 years ago, I know I bought them in Feb 2015, but the date I took the picture of them was about 2 years ago today. To think 2 years ago I thought we were going on a "once in a lifetime" trip, and now here we are heading on our 5th trip :rotfl:
Our Ap's expire after our next trip, but I have a feeling they won't stay expired for long. We're definitely going back next year :laughing:
I'm trying to tell myself that going to F&G next year is crazy, because our APs expire in February and we're going to Cali and DL in April... and Zack won't have much vacation time, and 2-3 day tickets are expensive... but I want to go soooo bad!

I have officially run Josh down on vacation time this year :rotfl:
I have a spreadsheet to track my own vacation, to make sure I'm good for what I want to do. I added Zack to it. I keep playing around with it, but for some reason no more vacation time magically appears on his tab... :rotfl:

Omg yes I looked at 1 day parkhoppers if we did a weekend one and I was like :eek: at the price! We've had Aps for the last 4 trips and haven't had to think about ticket prices, but I actually think the Aps are a better deal at this point. 1 day was like $350 for 2 of us! (Not that any of those trips are happening due to airfare costs but we wouldn't be buying tickets if we did). We kept our Universal APs on auto renew because they're a bit cheaper and we pay monthly so it doesn't seem like so much so theoretically if airfare was reasonable we could go to USO anytime even if we couldn't go to WDW. I'm always struggling with "it's a bad idea, but I really want to" :laughing: I fear I may too often side with the bad idea.
Flights have been so crazy high lately! There had been some weekend trips or things I wanted to plan and so far everything except the 2 longer trips we go on a year has been shelved for now.
Yeah, all of the weekends I've looked at are high enough it makes it hard to justify going when our trip is so soon... lol. I really want to go in Dec and see the Christmas decorations too... it might be feasible... But planning F&G makes me feel guilty. I talk about this some on the debt dumping thread on the budget board, but we live with Zack's parents right now. So we're lucky we aren't paying the sky-high rent costs out here, and it's allowed us to save up cash for everything next month, but we've also been paying down our student loans aggressively. But with the stuff planned next year already, and the plan to move out soon.. I'm not sure what our new budget will be like so planning a trip where we have to buy tickets *gasp! the horror!*

I was looking at tickets the other day because we might cover them for a few people next month, and it hurts! I was secretly hoping that they'd have the same deal from last year, where AP holders could buy 1 day hoppers for people for $80ish I think it was... APs are a good deal I think. We ended up with them because of our January trip, it was $250 less for APs than two sets of tickets. Then we saved $80 on our room at Pop... $90 on food and merchandise... memory maker, which we were going to get on this next trip anyways... then we ended up with TIW, because my rough calculations put us around breaking even, and we've offered that people traveling with us can pay us back to use the discount. But of course, now I want to go more and spend more money...

We also got our ME tags this weekend, but it looks like for some reason the airline/flight info wasn't filled out. I know I filled it out at some point, but I did also change our reservation so maybe that's why it's not in there. If I call and give them the info do they send out new tags or does it not really matter?

Weird... we got our ME tags last week and the flight info for our flight to Orlando says no flight information provided but I know I gave it to them. It says to call if the information isn't correct or doesn't appear but I don't think it matters as far as the tags go as long as it has the correct resort on it.

Weird... we got our ME tags last week and the flight info for our flight to Orlando says no flight information provided but I know I gave it to them. It says to call if the information isn't correct or doesn't appear but I don't think it matters as far as the tags go as long as it has the correct resort on it.

Hm maybe it's some kind of system error then? I was pretty sure I double checked it was there when I did online check in. Mine just says to call now too on MDE.

since those posts were completely lost in the Disboards Photobucket Disaster of 2017

Preach!!

But I just finished picking everything out last night (I think I probably should go through them one more time), and I haven't had time to take any pictures. So that will be next week's post!

YAY! Looking forward to this!

I don't want anyone to come in if we're not home, but they are allowed to as long as they give notice and come in with an employee of the complex. Which normally would make me feel better, but that employee is the same maintenance man who hit my car, lied about it, and doesn't seem to like me for no reason. :confused3

Oh no! It's so hard to find apartments with decent landlords/supers/maintenance people. We lucked out with our building and our landlord, and we still have a few gripes. This would make me slightly concerned, too.

I always feel like we don't have enough ADRs/variety, but then I feel like we have too many or too many that serve similar types of food. #TheDisneyStruggle

This is absolutely the struggle!!

Earlier this week I got my final addition to "the tower of Pua" :rotfl:

Py6WidLl.jpg

That little Pua Tsum Tsum is just so cute :lovestruc

Oh my goodness, tiny Pua!! Your Pua tower is magnificent.

How adorable is Tiny Disney Josh!! :lovestruc

I also got her something else that I was really excited about.

dbxrodjxgaalcss-jpg.257276

Oh. My. Gosh. These are AMAZINGGG!!

screen-shot-2017-07-30-at-12-51-21-am-png.257274

And it was buy 1 get 1, so I had to get this one too for Universal:

screen-shot-2017-07-30-at-12-51-42-am-png.257275

These are both super cute. I was really loving the Up one, and then scrolled down to Clever Girl and I think that's the winner for me. I say that alllll the time

To think 2 years ago I thought we were going on a "once in a lifetime" trip, and now here we are heading on our 5th trip :rotfl:

mOlPTp7l.jpg

I'm so glad it wasn't once in a lifetime!!

Disboards Photobucket Disaster of 2017).

:sad2::sad2: I feel sad over my lost TRs :sad::sad: But I just don't have time or patience to fix them all.

My family thinks it's silly to worry about anything being stolen or damaged, but I'd rather one of us is here when it happens.

So they haven't given you a date yet??

I feel the same way about not being in the house when people are here. People are coming to finish our floors tomorrow and Wednesday, and I have so much to do, but I refuse to leave the kids here alone with workers, and I also refuse to leave the workers here alone. More than being afraid of things being stolen/damaged (which I AM worried about, it's hard not to be!), I'm so afraid they'd accidentally let our dogs slip out the door. I can't even tell you how upset I would be if that happened. I would be inconsolable and probably be arrested for murder.

I always feel like we don't have enough ADRs/variety, but then I feel like we have too many or too many that serve similar types of food. #TheDisneyStruggle

I was just thinking the same thing about October. I'm trying so hard to balance not doing too much and overwhelming my mom, but also picking a variety, and I"m afraid we're doing too much breakfast or too many buffets.

I'm also mad at her right now, because she didn't call Leyton on his birthday, and then she and my stepdad went out of town with some friends and were posting pictures riding carnival rides with their friends kids...and they never see my boys at all. So then I wonder why I'm spending all this time wanting to make the trip perfect for her and feeling bitter. I wish I could get over the need to be a people pleaser!!

That escalated, sorry, LOL!!

I love it!!

I didn't even know we had an Emack and Bolio's nearby.

I have to google this place. It all looks so good!

here's Josh and his brother in Disney back in the mid 90's

I love everything that is happening in these pictures

Ah yes this must be the Disney demon? :confused:

FdgiP4nl.jpg

The gargoyle in France!! I'm going to call it the Disney Demon from now on!

We also got our ME tags this weekend

And once again I am reminded that I need to call in my flight info...oops

Ugh I was so far behind, but just chiming in to say we will be there Sept 2-9, so our trips overlap a bit! And also to say that in regards to the Minnie Vans, I think they're great for a family like mine, who has 2 kids in car seats! Ubers and taxis are never an option for us, because you can't find one that has 2 car seats! I doubt we will even end up needing a Minnie Van, but it is nice to know the option is there!

Ugh I was so far behind, but just chiming in to say we will be there Sept 2-9, so our trips overlap a bit! And also to say that in regards to the Minnie Vans, I think they're great for a family like mine, who has 2 kids in car seats! Ubers and taxis are never an option for us, because you can't find one that has 2 car seats! I doubt we will even end up needing a Minnie Van, but it is nice to know the option is there!

Hi :wave2: Awesome! Where are you staying?

It's good to know they do at least make sense for families, and that so far they haven't affected other ride sharing companies found on property. As long as their just their own thing I'm all for them! I'd even like to try one out once just because they're so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!