This is the Cheesiest Report Ever- Nov 2018 Deluxe Dining Report-updated 12/30 Mama Melrose

Glad to hear the food at 1900 Park Fare was decent (if not great) - it's gotten some not so good reviews. It's the one meal I'm really looking forward to, for the characters alone, but now I'm excited to try that strawberry soup.

Good Afternoon George Washington, Sir- November 2nd, Liberty Tree Tavern

After we left the lovely Grand Floridian Resort, we found ourselves back at The Magic Kingdom to spend our Fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, and Haunted Mansion.

Soon enough, we were eating again.

We had a lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern, which was our third time dining at the restaurant. I know people are hit or miss with this place, but we have always enjoyed it. The pot roast has always been delicious as it was served over a bed of mashed potatoes with tender carrots and other vegetables. Well, it was.

georgewashington.jpg
Colonial America is one of my favorite eras. I love Colonial Williamsburg. Actually, Williamsurg, VA is a beautiful city and if you've never been I encourage you to go. You know, in between your Disney trips. I like how they call your name and announce from where you hail. People cheer you on. It's fun.

We were seated in the George Washington room, which was our first time in that dining area.

LTTcornfritters.jpg
To start, we each had the corn fritters topped with a pepper jelly. These were fried to a nice crisp with a hint of spice. I scraped off some of the jelly, but I left enough to retain some of the flavor. If I had to order another appetizer from there, I'd be okay with this.

LTTpotroast.jpg
I couldn't wait to have that delicious pot roast again where everything was just mixed together into perfect bites in a bowl. They served our entrees and. . .what is that hot mess? Where are the carrots? Why is the pot roast not in delectable tender bites atop the creamy potatoes? Why does Disney feel like it needs to update dishes and ruin them? For example, the ever-changing menu at Rose and Crown. Okay, I'll get to that tangent later on. Wait for it.

The gravy on the pot roast was good, but the meat itself was chewy and not as good as it used to be. The potatoes were. . . fine. I had better mashed potatoes (reference Yachtsman's Steakhouse as above.) Those crunchy green beans are just not my thing. I'd call this a wash, though not as bad as Tony's. It was at least at a safe temperature.

Don't worry. LTT shall be redeemed.

LTTbostoncreampie.jpg
Jason ordered the Boston Cream Pie, which he has gotten before. He enjoys the lightness of the custard and just enough chocolate to add to the dessert and not overpower it.

LTTooeygooey.jpg
This baby is mine. Go on, wipe the drool off your screen. This is the ooey gooey toffee cake, and it's probably my favorite dessert on property. I'm a fan of a warm dessert topped with ice cream, and this has never disappointed. In case you've never experienced this beauty, that is a chocolate chip cookie/cake thing served warm in the skillet with vanilla ice cream and topped with bits of toffee and drizzled with chocolate. When you cut into the cake, the ice cream falls inside and just melds with the consistency of the dessert. Mmmm, so wonderful.

I am not putting LTT in the no-go category. In fact, we would go back but likely try something else now that the pot roast has turned into a jerky meat lump.

Total $84.23 + gratuity

We left MK after lunch to head back to the resort for a nice little break. We did stop at the Boardwalk Bakery to get our two mugs that were included. Sadly, these were the plain mugs at the Halloween ones were gone and the Christmas ones came out later in our trip. Let me tell you all that we used these a whopping zero times. Not even an ounce of liquid went in them. We have used them plenty in the past, but walking down to the Boardwalk was inconvenient or, when we did head that way, we had just eaten somewhere (because we never stopped) and weren't thirsty. I'm glad we didn't buy those outright.

After our siesta, we head over for a fiesta and a margarita! La Hacienda is on the flip side!

Colonial America is one of my favorite eras. I love Colonial Williamsburg. Actually, Williamsurg, VA is a beautiful city and if you've never been I encourage you to go. You know, in between your Disney trips. I like how they call your name and announce from where you hail. People cheer you on. It's fun.
We're going down there in just a few weeks to see all the holiday decorations! You're right on--Williamsburg (and Colonial Williamsburg) is beautiful. We honeymooned there and loved it.

This baby is mine. Go on, wipe the drool off your screen. This is the ooey gooey toffee cake, and it's probably my favorite dessert on property. I'm a fan of a warm dessert topped with ice cream, and this has never disappointed. In case you've never experienced this beauty, that is a chocolate chip cookie/cake thing served warm in the skillet with vanilla ice cream and topped with bits of toffee and drizzled with chocolate. When you cut into the cake, the ice cream falls inside and just melds with the consistency of the dessert. Mmmm, so wonderful.
So my only experience with this cake was at the fireworks dessert party and I was not impressed. HOWEVER, this version (the OG? :) ) looks much better....almost I am persuaded to eat there just for the dessert! :) Glad that at least the dessert did not let you down.

I am glad to hear that the food is starting to turn around for you! My girls loved that Strawberry Soup, when we went. It wasn't for me. But not everything can be for everyone. Glad you guys enjoyed your breakfast!
Some people enjoy snails and chocolate dipped crickets. That's not for me.

Gosh I'm right with you. We were 10 min late to our breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace and it was making me crazy anxious. Glad you made it and being late wasn't an issue.

I *really* want to try this strawberry soup...is this buffet the only place to get it? It sounds so yummy...
As far as I know, yes. I'm not sure if the cafe has it or not.

Glad to see that things are turning around the on food front. We've never done 1900 but it looks great!
It was a good choice for a character buffet, for sure. I mean, we didn't go there for the characters, but it's hard to find a good breakfast that doesn't have people circulating to interrupt your meal.
Your anniversary dinner at YS looked amazing! This did make me laugh out loud though:

I hate when someplace goes and ruins a perfectly good chocolate dessert by putting fruit crap on it! :sad2:
It was great! Ha! I don't know who thought that would be good or, maybe, I'm just not sophisticated enough.

Ooo awesome! I try to get the poutine every time since I first had it. We have a serious lack of poutine around here. Also I didn't know about that pretzel till I read your DTR, and now I want it!

We can't find poutine around here either. Hey, maybe we can help each other out. We know about the poutine because of you, and if you enjoy the pretzel then I've done my job here.

Why have I never thought of this? I love chocolate milk and I never think to get it at restaurants. Maybe I'll remember on our next trip.
It is the only time I ever get chocolate milk. I was searching for the best one.

:rotfl: I can't wait to hear about the tea, it's something we almost did, but ended up cutting from our plans.

I can go ahead and tell you we would do it again!

Oh, no! That is so gross! And so disappointing because we have always loved Tony's and I was happy that it had been getting better reviews lately.
Maybe it was just us! If you like it, don't let us stop you!

DH and I ate at YS in 2013 and loved it. We have had plans to return for the last two trips and never have for one reason or another. Now I wish we had!
Give it a chance if you can!

This is the ooey gooey toffee cake, and it's probably my favorite dessert on property. I'm a fan of a warm dessert topped with ice cream, and this has never disappointed. In case you've never experienced this beauty, that is a chocolate chip cookie/cake thing served warm in the skillet with vanilla ice cream and topped with bits of toffee and drizzled with chocolate. When you cut into the cake, the ice cream falls inside and just melds with the consistency of the dessert. Mmmm, so wonderful.

It is the BEST! :P

19002ndplate-jpg.366801

See that bowl of delicious pink gold back there? This was just as amazing as everyone says it is. Strawberries and cream pureed to a perfect consistency.
I went to this breakfast once and thought the food and characters were great. I didn't try the strawberry soup. I don't know if it just looks like a melted smoothie or what, but I was scared to eat it lol. I have heard everyone seems to love it so maybe if I ever get back there I will try it.

1900pooh-jpg.366802

While he was getting a refill, I had a wonderful conversation with Pooh.
OMG how cute!

lttcornfritters-jpg.367215

To start, we each had the corn fritters topped with a pepper jelly. These were fried to a nice crisp with a hint of spice. I scraped off some of the jelly, but I left enough to retain some of the flavor. If I had to order another appetizer from there, I'd be okay with this.
This looks really good. I had a reservation here for 1/1, but I ended up switching it to Skipper Canten. Now I'm second guessing that decision.

I couldn't wait to have that delicious pot roast again where everything was just mixed together into perfect bites in a bowl. They served our entrees and. . .what is that hot mess? Where are the carrots? Why is the pot roast not in delectable tender bites atop the creamy potatoes? Why does Disney feel like it needs to update dishes and ruin them? For example, the ever-changing menu at Rose and Crown. Okay, I'll get to that tangent later on. Wait for it.

The gravy on the pot roast was good, but the meat itself was chewy and not as good as it used to be. The potatoes were. . . fine. I had better mashed potatoes (reference Yachtsman's Steakhouse as above.) Those crunchy green beans are just not my thing. I'd call this a wash, though not as bad as Tony's. It was at least at a safe temperature.
I hate when Disney does that. You have a favorite dish at a restaurant and they completely change it and not in a good way.

lttooeygooey-jpg.367218

This baby is mine. Go on, wipe the drool off your screen. This is the ooey gooey toffee cake,
This dessert was the main reason I wanted to try this restaurant. I've heard its the only place you can get this? One day I'll make it here.

Well shoot, I’m sorry the pot roast wasn’t great. Thank god for the dessert! I haven’t dined here in at least 10 years but would like to try it again. I like the colonial era too.

That dessert is the best at LTT! I’m still boycotting them since they got rid of the cheese curds and amazing salad that got ruined by cranberries. Too bad you had a bad pot roast!

We're going down there in just a few weeks to see all the holiday decorations! You're right on--Williamsburg (and Colonial Williamsburg) is beautiful. We honeymooned there and loved it.
Really? I knew I really liked you. When we canceled our trip to Disney Sept 2017 because of the hurricane we went to Williamsburg instead and had the most amazing trip. We saw it decorated for fall, but I can imagine it's beautiful at Christmas. I would really loved to live in one of those incredible colonial houses right in the heart of the city. And! It's super pet friendly. I felt so safe there, too, and we walked quite a bit, but people run there a lot. . .

So my only experience with this cake was at the fireworks dessert party and I was not impressed. HOWEVER, this version (the OG? :) ) looks much better....almost I am persuaded to eat there just for the dessert! :) Glad that at least the dessert did not let you down.
No ma'am, you get the real one at the restaurant. Why not? Share a meal with your husband, but I suggest you get your own dessert.

It is the BEST! :P
Brownie points to you.

I went to this breakfast once and thought the food and characters were great. I didn't try the strawberry soup. I don't know if it just looks like a melted smoothie or what, but I was scared to eat it lol. I have heard everyone seems to love it so maybe if I ever get back there I will try it.
I can assure you it does not taste like a melted smoothie or melted ice cream. It's hard to describe, really, other than you could really taste the cream. Like strawberry hot chocolate but cold? I don't know.

OMG how cute!
It was sweet. I thought he would just pass me by.

This looks really good. I had a reservation here for 1/1, but I ended up switching it to Skipper Canten. Now I'm second guessing that decision.
I do feel like it's worth a stop even if Disney ruins meals sometimes by changing them. I like it better than The Plaza and definitely more than Tony's.

This dessert was the main reason I wanted to try this restaurant. I've heard its the only place you can get this? One day I'll make it here.
Apparently, they serve it at the dessert party????

Well shoot, I’m sorry the pot roast wasn’t great. Thank god for the dessert! I haven’t dined here in at least 10 years but would like to try it again. I like the colonial era too.
It's okay! It was NOT the worst meal we had by any means--just a little bit of a letdown. I've heard the all-you-can-eat feast is pretty good.

That dessert is the best at LTT! I’m still boycotting them since they got rid of the cheese curds and amazing salad that got ruined by cranberries. Too bad you had a bad pot roast!
We never tried the cheese curds, but Jason remembered they were on the menu and wanted to order them. Annnnnnnnd they were gone.

Loving your report! More, please!
Thank you for joining! OKAY! I will work on the next installment asap. Tonight if I don't fall asleep or tomorrow afternoon!

I'm a little late, but I'm jumping in on the fun!

I do have a lot of dietary restrictions due to two gastrointestinal conditions that I have for which I am trying to have surgery to correct. These aren't true allergies, though I do have a few mild allergies to shrimp, tomatoes, bananas, and milk, but they can worsen my conditions and make me sick. These mainly include raw vegetables, lettuce, beans, tough meats, corn, and most recently I was advised to completely cut out gluten and dairy.

I completely feel your pain! I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease almost 6 years ago, so I know all about the raw veggies, dairy, etc that can so easily bother your stomach!

First up, we stopped at The Daily Poutine. Jason doesn't think there is anything better than fries, cheese, and gravy so he wanted to try this.

classicpoutine-jpg.365887

I've heard great reviews of this place, but as a Canadian I just can not bring myself to pay that much for a standard poutine!

Onward we went until we found B.B. Wolfe Sausage Company. I wanted to try their seasonal Oktoberfest offering, but since Jason didn't want anything I just went with the Braided Pretzel.
bbwolfepretzel-jpg.365889

People. I'm a pretzel connoisseur. As we speak, I'm snacking on limited edition Ale Cheddar pretzel pieces. Let me tell you, this is the best pretzel I've ever had on property if not in my lifetime. I'm not sure if it was because the braiding changed the baking of the dough or what, but it was so soft and buttery and just perfect. I don't eat a lot of salt except for on pretzels, and this was the perfect amount. The cheese on the left side of the plate was almost like what they serve at Cooke's of Dublin without the bacon, but it was sharp and paired perfectly with the pretzel. I don't really care for mustard, but I liked the mustard they served with this. I'm not sure if the better bite was with the cheese or if it was when I put a little of the salt from the pretzel into the mustard. This is a really long paragraph for a pretzel, but that should tell you how amazing this was.

Ok, you've made a great case for this. I've recently fallen back in love with soft pretzels, so I think I need to add this to my list for when we're there in a few weeks!

Jason was still hungry and while he had just had poutine, he wanted more cheese and fries so we were off to Cooke's of Dublin for the Vintage Cheese dip. We loves this cheesy goodness with the bits of bacon in it. A few years ago, one of the managers gave us the recipe. We still get it when we're in Florida, though. I also wanted a little protein so we settled on a kids' chicken tender basket and a side of the cheese dip so that he could have what he wanted and I could have some chicken.
cookesofdublinchicken-jpg.365891

I like the crispy batter on the chicken, which is always juicy when we get it. However, there really is no flavor to it other than chicken and batter. I think it could use a little seasoning, but dip it in some cheese and it's all right with the world. These chips are the fluffy fries that I love so much. And, really, what else can I say about that cheese. We were both satisfied after our hodge podge meal around the Springs.

This sounds amazing! I love when chicken is battered in the fish-style batter, yum! Now I need to figure out where I can fit this in on our upcoming trip...

For our entrees Jason went with the Tonga Toast. He had never had this before. . . and will never have this again.
tongatoast-jpg.365976

It was a little on the burnt side, and he only found one lonely banana inside. This was dry and just hard to eat. I think he should have sent it back, but he was polite and didn't want to trouble anyone.

Oh, that's so disappointing! We have a reservation at Kona for our first time, and I'm really looking forward to to Tonga Toast - now I'm worried!

Have you ever had Knorr's sides? So, that's little pieces of pasta and powder that comes in a bag for around .99 cents. Admittedly, I've eaten my fair share of these and enjoy it. But not for $32.00. The alfredo tasted identical to the Knorr's.

Yuck.

We cut into the soggy chicken and it was. . . not done. The bite I had was very rubbery and pinkish-gray and just about to tell me a joke about why the chicken crossed the road. To escape Tony, I think.

Oh man, that's terrible!

This is hilarious!

We ate at Tony's on our wedding trip, and it turned out to be an ok meal (probably made better by the bottle of wine we drank there :rotfl:). That said, we went in with extremely low expectations, and it's not somewhere we're rushing to get back to. I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience though, that's really unacceptable for your chicken to not be fully cooked!

The sourdough rolls are good, but it's the onion pull-a-parts that are delightful. Warm and soft, with soft sprinkles of caramelized onions. I'm not sure which one of those above is better: the whipped butter with the Macedonian sea salt or the incredible roasted garlic that spreads on the bread like, well, said butter. Amazing!

Yum! I hate onions, but I loved those rolls!

For our entrees, I had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and a Cabernet sauce.
yachstmanfilet-jpg.366687

I mostly order steaks Medium or Medium Rare if the occasion calls for it. This was cooked perfectly to a medium with a nice crust. The sauce just enriched the flavor of the steak. The mashed potatoes were stiff and buttery, just like homemade potatoes should be.

This looks so good!

yachstmansundae-jpg.366685

This is Jason's dessert, the Lexington Sundae. This was certainly an interesting concoction. This was gelato with flavors of salted caramel and buttered popcorn. There are crumbles of butter cookies and drizzle of caramel and whipped cream. See the big S? That's a honey toasted marshmallow that tasted like it was freshly roasted over the fire. I'm not really sure how this worked together as the flavors were just so vast. It was strange.

This is so intriguing looking! So fancy haha!

yachstmancake-jpg.366688

Doesn't this look fabulous? This is the Admiral's Cake. It was huge. This decadent beauty was layers of Valrhona Chocolate Brownie, Caramel Crunch, Dark Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Sponge Cake, Bananas Foster Jam and Caramel Ganache. I love dark chocolate and ganache. How could this not be amazing? That banana crap stuck in the middle, that's how. I love banana foster caramel sauce, but this was just thick goo that tasted like Lara bars. If you don't know what a Lara bar is, it's basically a combination of fruit and nuts compressed into a bar. I saw someone send this back, and now I know why. Don't do it, folks, just don't do it.

This looks so good, how disappointing that it wasn't!

Also, Jason understands why I take pictures of food, but he tolerates it at best. I was thankful my phone camera was so fast. With that being said, he did not let me take any pictures of his plates from the buffets. He just wanted to sit down and eat and figured my plate photos would be good enough. Clearly, he is not a Diser.

Haha, I make my husband not eat anything on his plate until I've taken a picture. Sometimes, if I'm still at a buffet or something and he just really wants to start eating, he'll take a picture on his own phone and then text it to me.

Oh, this looks good! I've only had supper at 1900 Park Fare, but I loved it! We do have a breakfast reservation for next May though!

19002ndplate-jpg.366801

See that bowl of delicious pink gold back there? This was just as amazing as everyone says it is. Strawberries and cream pureed to a perfect consistency. There were toppings to add such as granola, but I thought this was perfect the way it was. My omelette was bacon, ham, and cheese and was fantastic as well. The ham was also good.

I love that Strawberry Soup so much!

Also - I like the way you omelet! I'd choose the exact same ingredients!

1900pooh-jpg.366802

While he was getting a refill, I had a wonderful conversation with Pooh.

So cute!

That's too bad! I hate when you have a favourite dish, and it gets changed (and it's never for the better!)

lttooeygooey-jpg.367218

Yum, this is so amazing!

That toffee dessert does look delicious. We ate at LTT for the first time this last trip because of reviews of the pot roast and dessert. Sadly, we were both so disappointed!

Our pot roast was half fat, and the toffee dessert was all mixed up like it had been dipped as a cobbler with ice cream thrown on. We said we'd never return. Don't know what happened with the dessert - sure didn't look like yours!! :(

Enjoyed reading your Yachtsman review! I LOVE a good steak and those look yummy!! I am trying Yachtsman for the first time in February solo trip. It will be a great way to start my trip.

know people are hit or miss with this place, but we have always enjoyed it.
We do too. Its a great place to have lunch and relax a bit.

georgewashington-jpg.367214

We love Colonial Williamsburg too and are lucky enough to just be a few hours away. We haven't taken Casey yet but probably will as I think she is getting old enough to appreciate it. In the spirit of George I did get to chaperone her school trip to Mount Vernon a few weeks ago and we had a lot of fun, despite it being a cold day. While DC has a ton of traffic, being able to be so close to history and actually see it as you learn about it as a kid is really cool. Hopefully Casey will appreciate it as much as I do.

lttcornfritters-jpg.367215

Yum! One of my favorites.

lttpotroast-jpg.367216

I couldn't wait to have that delicious pot roast again where everything was just mixed together into perfect bites in a bowl. They served our entrees and. . .what is that hot mess? Where are the carrots? Why is the pot roast not in delectable tender bites atop the creamy potatoes? Why does Disney feel like it needs to update dishes and ruin them?
What the heck Disney? This just seems like they are being plain old lazy to me.

lttooeygooey-jpg.367218

This baby is mine. Go on, wipe the drool off your screen.
Hold on, can't seem to see this through the drool. Ok got a tissue that is better :P

At least they haven't messed with this perfection.

I Don't Want Ants In My Salt- November 2nd, La Hacienda

Our nap was interrupted by the wind as it ripped open the balcony door and started the daylight out of me. When it was time to get up to go to Epcot for the first time during this vacation, we discovered it was raining. I have a Nightmare Before Christmas rain jacket that may be suffocating, but it does a great job at keeping me dry. Jason has two nice rain jackets, too, but did he have either in the room? Nope. Hope that hat keeps you dry.

We took the Friendship over to the park. There were only a few of us waiting in line to go. The ride was short, but we still had to walk across the World Showcase to check in to La Hacienda. We had never dined there before, but we aren't fond of San Angel Inn so we had hopes that this restaurant would be better.

lahachips.jpg
We each ordered a drink and were brought chips and salsa. I am not fond of pico de gallo or the really fresh and chunky salsa so I didn't care for this. Just a personal preference.

lahahorchata.jpg
Jason had the Horchata- tequila, rum, Fireball, and cinnamon powder. This was like a spicy liquid rice pudding. He liked it.

lahamargarita.jpg
I ordered the Pina (with a ~) Loca Margarita--I was looking forward to this nice concoction of “Gracias a Dios” espadín blanco mezcal, maraschino cherry liqueur, pineapple, fresh lime juice, mint cordial, and black ant salt rim (description from Disney website). Now, wait, does black ant salt actually contain ants? Apparently, yes. Nope. I ain't doing it. I know, you're thinking I'm being silly. And, probably, but I kept picturing little ant bodies pasted to my lips, and I just couldn't get past it. Or, some of them would fall into my margarita and float like the Dead Sea. Nope. So, I asked for this without any salt. I just pretended I didn't like salt without saying anything.

So, you see that picture? Yeah, I don't know what it is, but it did not taste like what I ordered. There was no hint of pineapple or cherry. I barely got a taste of mint, like a phantom flavor. I asked the server if he was sure that was the Crazy Pineapple and he said yes. I continued to drink it, but I just never got any flavors listed in the menu. Whatever it was, I didn't really care for it. When we got the receipt, it was listed as a different margarita from what I ordered and with a different price.

lahaflautas.jpg
Under all that unnecessary green mess is my appetizer- the flautas. These were listed as chicken and potato, but I never tasted the potato. I thought these had a good spicy flavor, but they were really soggy in the middle. Flautas should be perfectly crispy, and I think they couldn't withstand the sauce and toppings. The ends were nice, though.

lahafundido.jpg Is this report about cheese or what? So, Jason ordered the Queso Fundido. He was expecting this to be thin cheese dip with chopped up chorizo, peppers, and onions but instead he got a dish full of stretchy, chewy cheese. I didn't see the problem with this as he could make his own little quesadillas with the tortillas, but he thought it would have been better as a dip.
lahatortillas.jpg

lahasteak.jpg
For his entree, he had the Carne Asada. This was a New York strip served with peppers, Queso Fresco, and corn mashed potatoes. He thought this was okay, but I don't think it was his favorite by far.

lahashortribs.jpg
Costillas en Salsa De Chile- braised short ribs served over a potato puree atop cilantro chimichurri with lightly battered zucchini on top. You know what was unfortunate about this dish? I was full. I thought this was a delicious dish, but I was so full by this point I couldn't really enjoy it. The short ribs were so tender that they practically blossomed like a flower bloom when I touched them with my fork. The puree or as I refer to them, mashed potatoes, were good and the dark chimichurri had a nice smoke to it. The zucchini were so awesome that I could have just eaten a bowl of those. They were very lightly battered with a hint of lemon and fried until tender. I think every Italian restaurant should serve these as zucchini fries.

lahasides.jpg
We were also served rice and beans with our meals. I did not try the beans, but the rice was good. It was not typical Spanish rice, but I liked that they bulked it up with vegetables.

lahaflan.jpg
For dessert, we both ordered flan. I love flan. You know, the caramel custard that wiggles and jiggles? Yep. This wasn't it. This flan was more corn-based and tasted like uncooked corn casserole. It really had a raw corn taste and was not sweet at all. Yuck.

Jason is not very keen on returning here, but I would give it another chance. I actually thought my meal and appetizer were good, but I was disappointed by the margarita and dessert. Then again, we really were only getting dessert because it was included. That was one of the draw-backs to being on the dining plan. I know some of you have been curious about trying this restaurant, and you know what? I say go for it. i definitely thought it was better quality than San Angel Inn, and the tables were not piled on top of each other. The restaurant itself was very pretty, and for those lucky enough to grab a table by the huge glass windows on the waterside, it is a perfect spot for viewing the fireworks.

Cheese Count: 9
I should be counting steaks, ribs, and potatoes, too, but maybe at the end for fun.
Total: $142.71 + gratuity

I'm a little late, but I'm jumping in on the fun!
Happy to have you!

I completely feel your pain! I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease almost 6 years ago, so I know all about the raw veggies, dairy, etc that can so easily bother your stomach!
Sorry to hear you have to go through that!

I've heard great reviews of this place, but as a Canadian I just can not bring myself to pay that much for a standard poutine!
Totally understand. We don't have that here so it was a luxury for my husband.

Ok, you've made a great case for this. I've recently fallen back in love with soft pretzels, so I think I need to add this to my list for when we're there in a few weeks!
Yes!

This sounds amazing! I love when chicken is battered in the fish-style batter, yum! Now I need to figure out where I can fit this in on our upcoming trip...
Mmmm, get the cheese!

Oh, that's so disappointing! We have a reservation at Kona for our first time, and I'm really looking forward to to Tonga Toast - now I'm worried!
Someone else was served Tonga Toast at the table next to us, and hers looked like it should. Don't be worried! Just voice it if it's a bad batch.

Yum! I hate onions, but I loved those rolls!
I wouldn't think you human if you didn't.

This is so intriguing looking! So fancy haha!
I wish I had asked what the S stands for. Steak?

Haha, I make my husband not eat anything on his plate until I've taken a picture. Sometimes, if I'm still at a buffet or something and he just really wants to start eating, he'll take a picture on his own phone and then text it to me.
He's trained!

Oh, this looks good! I've only had supper at 1900 Park Fare, but I loved it! We do have a breakfast reservation for next May though!
i do hope you enjoy it!

Also - I like the way you omelet! I'd choose the exact same ingredients!
I like the pig. Oink.

That toffee dessert does look delicious. We ate at LTT for the first time this last trip because of reviews of the pot roast and dessert. Sadly, we were both so disappointed!

Our pot roast was half fat, and the toffee dessert was all mixed up like it had been dipped as a cobbler with ice cream thrown on. We said we'd never return. Don't know what happened with the dessert - sure didn't look like yours!! :(
Aw, I'm sorry you had such a disappointing experience there! I can forgive the pot roast, but I wouldn't be able to forgive the dessert. It's too good.

Enjoyed reading your Yachtsman review! I LOVE a good steak and those look yummy!! I am trying Yachtsman for the first time in February solo trip. It will be a great way to start my trip.
Sounds wonderful! I hope you get that nice little alcove table and that you enjoy your meal. I recommend the French Onion Soup over a dessert!

Loving your review and pics...can't wait for more!
Thank you! Trying to update as often as I can.

We do too. Its a great place to have lunch and relax a bit.

We love Colonial Williamsburg too and are lucky enough to just be a few hours away. We haven't taken Casey yet but probably will as I think she is getting old enough to appreciate it. In the spirit of George I did get to chaperone her school trip to Mount Vernon a few weeks ago and we had a lot of fun, despite it being a cold day. While DC has a ton of traffic, being able to be so close to history and actually see it as you learn about it as a kid is really cool. Hopefully Casey will appreciate it as much as I do.
Are we sisters? I get goosebumps when I'm standing in history. I'm from Nashville where there is so much history as far as country music is concerned, and we have Andrew Jackson's and Andrew Johnson's homes nearby. Monticello is one of my favorite places, but the day we went for our 8th grade trip I was so sick. It was so cool to see all his inventions. Then, we went to Mount Vernon. They were filming a documentary in his bedroom with the sheets pulled back to indicate where he had passed. I remember walking back down to his main dining room and just imagining all the dinner parties served there. I certainly hope that Casey appreciates it, but even if she doesn't, you do.

Hold on, can't seem to see this through the drool. Ok got a tissue that is better :P

At least they haven't messed with this perfection.
Ha! True that. At least, no yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!