This is Us- Season four

I know that was going to be Kevin’s house at the end. When we got a peek of it last time was Kevin that old? I don’t think he was because his son was young.

So Rebecca holds on a long time.

Loved the line Kevin had when they came with the shovel....Are you going to kill me...lol

Someone a long time ago on here said they thought Randal was put away and that is why they don’t talk to him anymore. Maybe he does have a break down, the previews kind have said that.

I thought maybe Toby gave the baby food he shouldn’t have when he chocked. I was waiting for Jack to grab one of those checkers and chock again but it was nice to see Toby bond with him.

I know that was going to be Kevin’s house at the end. When we got a peek of it last time was Kevin that old? I don’t think he was because his son was young.

So Rebecca holds on a long time.

Loved the line Kevin had when they came with the shovel....Are you going to kill me...lol

Someone a long time ago on here said they thought Randal was put away and that is why they don’t talk to him anymore. Maybe he does have a break down, the previews kind have said that.

I thought maybe Toby gave the baby food he shouldn’t have when he chocked. I was waiting for Jack to grab one of those checkers and chock again but it was nice to see Toby bond with him.
We didn't see Kevin the last time. I have a feeling he has at least one more child really depends on how old Baby Jack is. Tess looked like she was at least mid to late 20s. Kevin son looked at least 10. Makes it at least 10 to 15 years down the road. But Kevin doesn't have a baby yet so that means he might have at least 1 older child. They are all the same age as me so in 10 to 15 years they would be 49 to 54/55.

I thought it was a beautiful episode. Love that the house is a tribute to Jack and near their family cabin. I wonder if Nikki lives at the house, the Cabin or an RV near by.

I agree that Randall may be in an instution because he has a mental breakdown and that is why they can't talk to him. We know at some point he is ok, because we see him with the older Tess.
I'm wondering if this is the last we see of Marc. It seemed a little too easy to get rid of him considering what a jerk he is.

I missed last week but wow...this week, what a kick in the gut at the end. Hearing Jack talk to them and knowing them so well, it was a beautiful moment. I need to watch this episode again, just to process all of the little moments that the writers build on. I am hoping Toby bonds with Jack. I am praying that Randall allows his demons to heal and Kevin finds love, even if it isn’t Sophie. Big hopes for the big 3

I agree that Randall may be in an instution because he has a mental breakdown and that is why they can't talk to him. We know at some point he is ok, because we see him with the older Tess.
I'm wondering if this is the last we see of Marc. It seemed a little too easy to get rid of him considering what a jerk he is.
But didn't he call Rebecca in Thanksgiving while she was at the market? Not sure it your institutionalized your allowed to call out. And I would think they would want to visit him then not speak to him.

Last edited:
I really like this episode. Laughed when they came out with the shovel and Kevin asked if they were going to kill him. Cried at the end with Jack talking to them on the tape. Knew the house in Jack's sketch would be the one shown in the flash forwards. Did anyone else think that Kevin looked like Ben Affleck in that flash forward? :laughing:

I felt that Rebecca suddenly realized that she really could parent these children, without Jack. In isolation from mourning the loss of him. I saw something in Mandy's acting that made me think Rebecca instantly saw her strength.

Let's all pray that Kate refrains from going ape **** crazy on her husband, not realizing that no one is safe from awful moments like that.

I loved how Kevin can read Kate in an instant. It's beautiful.

Madison's phone messages, especially how Kate played them out and played with Kevin - hysterical.

I can't with Rebecca's dementia and the way everyone processes differently - so hard. I sigh every two seconds.

The house was a beautiful moment, in every aspect.

Just perfection. This ep needs to be nominated for an Emmy for something. I know there are rules, but I can’t imagine some acting nods, writing and/or direction.

Agreed. I can’t imagine Marc would give up so quickly.

Loved the episode. The tape from Jack was great. Loved seeing the house in the future and older Kevin - he looks great! Nice to see Toby connecting a bit with Baby Jack.
I really like this episode. Laughed when they came out with the shovel and Kevin asked if they were going to kill him. Cried at the end with Jack talking to them on the tape. Knew the house in Jack's sketch would be the one shown in the flash forwards. Did anyone else think that Kevin looked like Ben Affleck in that flash forward? :laughing:
So I kind of like old Kevin better than current Kevin. All I could think was Hahhht! He is a triple threat. A little bit of younger skinnier Ben Affleck, a little more Sean Connery at almost any age and topped off with what I imagine Justin Hartley will look like in 20 years. I love my middle aged husband, but I cannot get his beauty out of my mind‘s eye! And giving his mother the house that Jack (wanted) built for her twilight years is how I hope my teenage son treats me:yay: Once I saw that the triplet stories would end with a cabin ep, I guessed Kevin would build his home there. It just fit in line with his 40th year goals.

Oh! I remembered another thing that stood out about last week's episode while watching this week's! While Kate and Marc were in the record store, they were playing an Elliott Smith song in the background. Elliott Smith committed suicide, and I can't help but think this may have been subtle foreshadowing? Just a thought.

I think there is a 0% chance that this episode was Marc's last appearance, honestly. The way he hesitated before leaving was too ominous to me.

But didn't he call Rebecca in Thanksgiving while she was at the market? Not sure it your institutionalized your allowed to call out. And I would think they would want to visit him then not speak to him.
I mean... if he's voluntarily institutionalized (vs. like a court order), many places are lenient about calling approved people. I can't imagine Randall doing anything that would get him forcefully committed. It could have even been a therapeutic thing like, oh it's Easter and you can't be with your family so you can call them. I don't know if I think that he's institutionalized, but I wouldn't say a phone call rules that out as an option.

Just perfection. This ep needs to be nominated for an Emmy for something. I know there are rules, but I can’t imagine some acting nods, writing and/or direction.

Agreed. I can’t imagine Marc would give up so quickly.

So I kind of like old Kevin better than current Kevin. All I could think was Hahhht! He is a triple threat. A little bit of younger skinnier Ben Affleck, a little more Sean Connery at almost any age and topped off with what I imagine Justin Hartley will look like in 20 years. I love my middle aged husband, but I cannot get his beauty out of my mind‘s eye! And giving his mother the house that Jack (wanted) built for her twilight years is how I hope my teenage son treats me:yay: Once I saw that the triplet stories would end with a cabin ep, I guessed Kevin would build his home there. It just fit in line with his 40th year goals.

HEY! Back off silver fox Kevin or I’ll come visit you with a shovel LOL

Great episode. I didn’t get that the house in the sketch would turn out to be Kevin’s home. How sweet that he lives in the house that Jack designed. It’s a gorgeous man..house..house...I meant house :D

After the awkward conversation between Kevin and Madison I am now 100% convinced she is now with child. They were dropping hints all over the place. Maybe as a DECOY though.

I also loved the scene between Toby, and Jack, and Luke. If my husband and I had had a child, that exact scene would have happened in my living room at some point in my life.

Next week looks way intense.

DH was caregiver for his mom for over 10 years...dementia. My Dad suddenly has advanced dementia. It’s like someone flipped a light switch before Christmas. This season is hard.

BTW.. Justin Hartley is WAY better looking than Ben Affleck. NOT just my opinion!!!😬

Loved this episode!!!! - the tape, the house, Toby finally bonding with Jack...it was all soooooo well done.

I also agree that more will happen with Marc. That guy is seriously scary! I think he left because he sized up Kate's brothers and realized they would beat him to a pulp if he didn't. But I agree about the suicide hints. - I think he's going to try to control Kate that way. :(

Last edited:
Kevin Hartley directed this episode...or was it last week's? He directed one of them, anyway. :)

HEY! Back off silver fox Kevin or I’ll come visit you with a shovel LOL

Great episode. I didn’t get that the house in the sketch would turn out to be Kevin’s home. How sweet that he lives in the house that Jack designed. It’s a gorgeous man..house..house...I meant house :D

After the awkward conversation between Kevin and Madison I am now 100% convinced she is now with child. They were dropping hints all over the place. Maybe as a DECOY though.

I also loved the scene between Toby, and Jack, and Luke. If my husband and I had had a child, that exact scene would have happened in my living room at some point in my life.

Next week looks way intense.
I must have missed someone. Who's Luke?

It was this past Thanksgiving he calls her. The future Thanksgiving is the one where we see they are not talking to him. I don't know how far we are away from Thanksgiving at this point. I'm assuming it's suppose to be February, like we are in real life, so that is 9 months from now. We see Randall talking to a therapist next episode, would he be institutionalized that long???? I'm thinking not, but maybe he goes just for a couple of sessions, thinks he's fine and in a few months is where he will breaks down and then checks in somewhere. I'm just confused because I can't see any scenario where Kevin would be so mad at Randall that he won't talk to him, especially when he knows what Randall is going through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter