This Trip Report Is Under Refurbishment For Your Future Enjoyment (UPDATED 9/13 with final bonus chapter)

It was Monday. Normally, that fact alone would have the entire family starting the day in a grumpy mood, but Mondays at Disney World have been scientifically proven to be 1836% better than Mondays anywhere else.
I cannot dispute that fact in any way.

My mom and dad weren’t ready to catch the bus at the butt crack of dawn like we were, so we did what any loving, considerate family that respects its elders would do, and ditched them at the hotel.
True confession. My trip in 2010 was with my parents. We did the same thing and hit Epcot at rope drop, leaving them back at the hotel. In truth, it was one of the more enjoyable mornings we had that trip. :rolleyes1
It was nice to be there with mom and dad, but my dad is a bit set in his ways, and if he didn't have time for a proper breakfast and a cup of tea in the mornings, he let you hear about it for the rest of the day. We needed a break from that for a day...

No big deal, I’m sure we could find something to do on our own in MK.
A challenge for sure...

But he had really wanted to meet these two, since they matched his stuffed animals and were, in his words: "Naked Chip and Dale".
Awesome :laughing:
Naked Chip and Dale work.
Hopefully it's not adapted for other characters. Naked Gaston? :crazy2:
Now Jasmine on the other hand....

Anyway, Sarah knew how much of a fan Scotty was and had painted a Chip and Dale portrait as a gift for Scotty. Then they had the bright idea of having Chip and Dale autograph it for him.
Incredible painting. She's got real talent. She might make a couple bucks off it one day.
Great idea to do the autographs too.

While we were there, we figured Drew might as well get Pluto’s autograph, too.
Sad story - on my August trip, we missed both Chip & Dale and Pluto :sad:
It's the first time we've never seen any of them.
Of course we had 85 princesses to meet, so something was bound to be left out.

Three character meets, all with less than 5-minute waits. That’s the only way to fly.
Nicely done. So, Monday morning rope drop is the way to go, it seems.

I tried to remember the correct sequence: inside of the robot’s left had, top of the volcano, bottom of Zurg’s space ship. I
Top of the volcano - that's the one I forgot! I still only managed 300k. :(

I found my laser dot and zeroed in,
That's my problem, I can never figure out which is my laser dot. They're just all over the place. I've always wished the guns would detach, it seems like that would be better.

Now, I normally hate posting lots of versions of the same photo, but we had some good ones from the ride.
I would tend to agree, but those were good photos. :rotfl2:

The Jungle Cruise was, and is, a Disney classic. It’s 10 minutes of Dad Jokes, which of course are near and dear to my heart.
::yes::

I could go on and on about her timing and the setup to sell every joke, but—well, you get the point.
I see what you did there. :thumbsup2

And then, at that moment…he turned into a giant scaredy-cat. Complete with yelling, kicking and screaming.

“I DON’T WANT TO GO ON THAT RIDE!!!”
Man, that's disappointing. But like pkondz said, it happens.
I was never able to get my daughter near BTMRR until this last trip and she's 11. (Hint: if you have time to read my last update before I post again - and don't worry if you don't, I know you've been sick - I have just given you the answer to one of my questions :p)

You know what happened next. We were finishing our walk, moving between the Little Mermaid ride and Dumbo, when I got another text:

DID YOU GRAB MY BAG?
:furious: Oh man, I feel your pain. That sounds like something my dad would do.

As I leave you here, you can ponder the various creative profanities that may or may not have been uttered along the way.
Beverly. Fudge.

Coming Up Next: This becomes an expensive day, in more ways than one.
:scared: sounds ominous

Mondays at Disney World have been scientifically proven to be 1836% better than Mondays anywhere else.
You may be underestimating that statistic.
But then 79% of all statistics are made up, so…

My mom and dad weren’t ready to catch the bus at the butt crack of dawn
Or as my MIL use to say: “Up before the roster pisses.”

we did what any loving, considerate family that respects its elders would do, and ditched them at the hotel.
Keep to the Code.

Ok, ok… Keep to the Guidelines, but the point is still taken.

Meanwhile, my brother and SIL had a sleeping baby in their cabin, so they followed the First Rule Of Parenting, which is Never Wake A Sleeping Baby.
They chose wisely.

Or maybe not… they might have survived the onslaught of disaster and pestilence that would have resulted, but is fate really worth tempting?

Even for Disney?

Wait, I may have just found a loophole here.

No big deal, I’m sure we could find something to do on our own in MK.
Ever the optimist…

let’s set the Wayback Machine to 2010:
Golly. Mr. Peabody, are you sure that’s wise?

Yep, any excuse to post a manipulatively cute photo and sucker readers into thinking this is a good TR.
Know thy audience; know thy self.

When Scotty was that age, he had met these guys in various places--wearing Hawaiian shirts on a Disney Cruise, and futuristic outfits in Tomorrowland. But he had really wanted to meet these two, since they matched his stuffed animals and were, in his words: "Naked Chip and Dale".
Classic!!!
Like many others, we quote Scotty often on this subject.
That phrase ranks among his greatest gifts to humanity.

I was locked in. Laser-focused. Gold-5, targeting computer activated.
Those Womp-Rats won’t stand a chance.

Zurg, on the other hand…

I found my laser dot and zeroed in, moving the control joystick and the laser cannon in a symphony of coordinated action that would make a football coach weep with joy.
I know a couple of coaches that would be overjoyed by anything that resembled coordinated action.

Tom Cruise didn’t fly his Top Gun jet
You can just put a period at the end of that part of the sentence and there’d be at least one verifiably accurate statement in this TR.

Alas, I fell just short.
So did Tom. :rolleyes:

It happens.

Somewhere, Zurg is laughing.
And Governor Tarkin is probably getting a bit of a chuckle out of it as well.

Boy + Laser Cannon = Win
Even without a full peer review, the math checks out on that one.

Scotty and I managed to pull off our “Crazed Psychotic Killer” look for the ride photo.
You need to have Scotty teach that look to Pkondz.
He could use it to get through US Border Crossings more easily.

And Dave may have won the prize for best “Crazy Eyes Killa” look. Come to think of it, I’d better keep an eye on him.
Probably better be keeping an eye on all of them.
Remember, they’re the ones that will be picking your assisted living center when the time comes.

I had lined up everyone for a family photo, and then a Cast Member came running up and said, “No, no, no—you have to be in the photo, too!”
Was that CM Drunk?

The Jungle Cruise was, and is, a Disney classic. It’s 10 minutes of Dad Jokes
The most “adult” oriented ride in all the kingdom.
And the more it tortures the young'ens, the better.

I could go on and on about her timing and the setup to sell every joke, but—well, you get the point.
Well, the slowest member of the safari will.

I don’t think my mom needed to be so protective of him.

13vMXzy2D68yPIMJN3Ak5dhmLn0fbLeHje3ZVUntB_ccQbTQ_Y6exs2faiudBOYhHN5r172C4Y3i4e-aXFtnZx4kGNH4JL2jBqdEKTi-pN2r8rxyrfSsB3QXM3srRawbMGce3Y469wtXOKVVbtN_Sw7-sGvuGHrDwBeShOqlyQqYFsYAc1SRAX3B7G69bQQz9Vn1JCeXkG9Nx3tRgeuuVI0R4kulRzau6Ssu4FHty5DgWsjVQsVBKTPQW0m2YPe7rKgDBT8hfAtjXGTXLrBgJieQVavxH8IQxS6-PLtA89dwNNQBpi1EMim-as0ghVcag55vn32A6hvRRWqyCPMMe10uHFprzjTxbLu32lUzvv6DXlrvlfbr5pAoLNK8YSxHSYxxmoPYNXWhv-A50bwnvzcU6ylK6bLyBSN1CtMTN_9Sjtzmnhrgsbu9a0Yk_kfjqJIeqTXjKPQIX5ysiBx05AHQqHxQxkC5xWT5BtkZ4fKKQN2pyt3xxVLL1HZCrWMMB2T8UH9BDwozZ_Ohu-FmuA_yLMBharPMn8omiRiHhreHHnwdWaNzCvs_B6Mc-jxLi49EDKjvjMHRp4NZiLvT5JilS0QhsTFbzDmGyhkbfZCMM9pSMakF0MtrlMxO7dRRnRFc1LdcFEl6ApjifCYt6Np42A=w1228-h819-no
Just who was protecting who?

“Oh, they got in line for Splash Mountain,” she said.

Oh. You mean with the posted wait time of 40 minutes?
“Some men, you just can’t reach.”

It looked like my brother had managed to get himself, DD (5) and DS1(3) a front-row seat.
“…which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.”

we got ready to jump in line for Big Thunder, my personal favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom.
Have to agree with you there.
Followed closely by the Mansion.

And then, at that moment…he turned into a giant scaredy-cat. Complete with yelling, kicking and screaming.
NOOOOOOOoooooooo……

DREW FELL ASLEEP. WE’RE GOING AROUND AGAIN.
Quick, teleport him over to Big Thunder!

You know what happened next.
Pretty sure I can guess.

DID YOU GRAB MY BAG?
Annnnnd there it is.

As I leave you here, you can ponder the various creative profanities that may or may not have been uttered along the way.
“Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?”

Disney doesn’t take kindly to unattended bags, ya’ know.
I’ve seen the reaction for myself; specifically in the BTMRR area as a matter of fact.
It’s a bit like how you’d imagine the NYC Bomb Squad would approach a suspicious package.

Coming Up Next: This becomes an expensive day, in more ways than one.
Sounds like the bomb squad may have shown up.

I have nothing to refute this fact. The same goes for early mornings.

Agreed.

And your TRs are why that particular version of Chip and Dale are known to Joe and I as "naked Chip and Dale."

I'm so glad you reminded me of that. Amazing what you forget as you get older.

Yes!!!!! Pluto is my favorite. Somewhere I have a picture of me meeting him with a Pluto plush and wearing a Pluto shirt.
I also told him this once where Goofy could overhear. That did not go over well :rolleyes:

I think I remember you telling that story before! :rotfl:

There's also a sort of lamp/claw thing right before you go into the second room that's got high point value as well. You have to aim up almost as soon as you get into the first room, but I wanna say it'll give you 100,000.

I thought I had seen that somewhere as well, but I never found that target. :confused3

Joe actually suggested next time we sit in separate cars so we can both aim :eek: Honestly it had never occurred to me before

That's probably a good idea. Whoever controls the joystick is positioning best for his/her cannon.

I love this!!! I have a similar photo of myself and Joe on our first trip. I'd link it but they're all on my laptop at home.

That is some intense concentration, right there.

This and the safari. I think my favorite skipper was the guy who at the end said "Stay in school kids. Otherwise you'll end up on a boat repeating the same spiel every 14 minutes."

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: I love when they get to improvise from the script a little.

I'm pretty sure my parents tried this with me and Tower of Terror. It didn't work then, either.

I'm amazed that public shaming doesn't have a better success rate.

This sounds like any trip with my in-laws. The very same in-laws who sent an email to my husband last week saying "We're planning on going to Epcot the day after Christmas. Any suggestions on where to stay and what to do?" :headache:

Stay in a nice hotel and get a refund on the Epcot tickets!

I think your math might be off. I don't believe that's possible.
Monday's would have to be exponentially worse than....

Yeah... maybe that number is big enough.

I will stand by my calculations.

What a glorious sight!

:laughing:

Everyone for themselves!

Darn right! Disney waits for no one.

Nah. Not buying it.
Obviously photoshopped.
Could do it myself:

upload_2018-12-11_21-54-16-png.369498

:rotfl2:I don't think Marvin is as cute as Scotty was.

Nah. That ship has sailed.

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

:laughing: And he ain't wrong!

We've managed to ruin Chip & Dale for so many people! :thumbsup2

Nice! The girl has talent.

Thanks! I agree. She's amazing.

Oh? Wasn't aware of that. Then again, my girls weren't into the characters. Except for one time. Winnie the Pooh. Great interaction with the youngest DD.

It's really part of the magic when that happens.

very nice. Great job, especially the castle.

Thanks again. She just churns these drawings out so fast. I'm blown away.

I believe you're supposed to hit him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

But he didn't poop on Main St. At least, not that we could see.

I bet! Did she do that on purpose?

I don't think so. They generally just pack their favorite t-shirts for our trips, so I think this was a coincidence.

Love the ladies' smiles. :)

:goodvibes

Not too shabby!
Beats 2.5 hours.

:faint: No character is worth that. Very little in life is worth that.

Good luck, space ranger

To infinity and beyond!

A sure recipe for disaster.

And here I thought preparation was key.

You need to loosen up. You're too tense.

Hmmm.... ever seen Steve Martin in Parenthood?

:rolleyes1

Hmm...I saw that movie once, many years ago. Don't remember too much about it other than the one kid throwing up on him. What should I be thinking of?

Well yes. But just at you.

I knew it!

Those two photos are almost carbon copies.

:rotfl: That's what cracks me up about them. Such intensity!

Sleep with one eye open.

I'm scared now.

Agreed. Rope drop. More rides with little to know wait versus.... hour long waits for... one ride.

::yes:: Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that most people want to sleep in on their vacations.

Nice of him (or her).

Not that I'm disagreeing with you.

Well, at least we can prove I was there.

I don't get it.

Time to turn in the Dad card, then.

Grandmoms are the same worldwide.

I'm sure that's true.

Ever notice that in all my Splash photos... I'm always in the back row?

:rolleyes:

That is a veteran move, for sure.

My second favourite.
With PP a very close third, I think.

I tend to lean toward the coasters in each park. But you make a solid argument for the classics.

:sad2:
And yet... I'm not surprised.

It happens.

That was our biggest fear coming into the week.

That would also explain his not wanting to go. Tired. Ergo, cranky.

Yes, absolutely. He can be an absolute bear when he's tired.

OMG. You're kidding...

I was stunned. Why would you not take your bag with you?

Oooohhh… I can think of a lot.

Want to share them? :hyper:

What if you were leaving Disney World on a Monday?

Well...I mean...you would just...this is...but...something's wrong....I....

<brain explodes>

giphy.gif

How sweet of her. You both must have been so proud of her thoughtfulness. It really is a nice portrait - very talented.

The whole thing, from beginning to end, was a great idea. Loved it.

Did you know where the picture would be taken and discuss expressions beforehand? My pictures always turn out like your mom or Julie - or something in between.

We figured out where the camera was on the first day. So then we had time to figure out what we'd do.

Noooooo......I was sure he would love that one the most. It's such a fun ride. I'm going to hold out hope that he rides later in your trip and declares it his favorite.

Let's keep our fingers crossed....

:furious:

I hope the post for the next day isn't as bad as it sounds......

Well...it's not all bad.

I cannot dispute that fact in any way.

I didn't think anyone could, until @QueenJen threw me for a loop there.

True confession. My trip in 2010 was with my parents. We did the same thing and hit Epcot at rope drop, leaving them back at the hotel. In truth, it was one of the more enjoyable mornings we had that trip. :rolleyes1
It was nice to be there with mom and dad, but my dad is a bit set in his ways, and if he didn't have time for a proper breakfast and a cup of tea in the mornings, he let you hear about it for the rest of the day. We needed a break from that for a day...

Yep. It may or may not be a spoiler to reveal that we had our most fun when we were on our own.

A challenge for sure...

If only there was something to do...

Awesome :laughing:
Naked Chip and Dale work.
Hopefully it's not adapted for other characters. Naked Gaston? :crazy2:
Now Jasmine on the other hand....

My attorneys are advising me not to take this idea any further.

Incredible painting. She's got real talent. She might make a couple bucks off it one day.
Great idea to do the autographs too.

We're working with her to try and narrow down fields of study in college now. I'd love for her to turn that talent into a career.

Sad story - on my August trip, we missed both Chip & Dale and Pluto :sad:
It's the first time we've never seen any of them.
Of course we had 85 princesses to meet, so something was bound to be left out.

I've always found Chip & Dale to be more fun than the princesses. Not that you had a choice, though.

Nicely done. So, Monday morning rope drop is the way to go, it seems.

Any rope drop, more likely.

Top of the volcano - that's the one I forgot! I still only managed 300k. :(

I was still hoping to get another shot at it.

That's my problem, I can never figure out which is my laser dot. They're just all over the place. I've always wished the guns would detach, it seems like that would be better.

That seemed to be my kids' problem, too. At least the one they claimed. :rolleyes1

I think they do detach at Disneyland.

I would tend to agree, but those were good photos. :rotfl2:

I kept laughing at the ones of my mom.

I see what you did there. :thumbsup2

You can't expect me not to join in with the Dad jokes.

Man, that's disappointing. But like pkondz said, it happens.
I was never able to get my daughter near BTMRR until this last trip and she's 11. (Hint: if you have time to read my last update before I post again - and don't worry if you don't, I know you've been sick - I have just given you the answer to one of my questions :p)

Probably the only one I got right!

:furious: Oh man, I feel your pain. That sounds like something my dad would do.

I don't know why he couldn't have taken it with him. Or at least put it on our strollers so we would know it was his.

Beverly. Fudge.

Peanut butter!

:scared: sounds ominous

:rolleyes1

What a glorious sight!

:rotfl2:I don't think Marvin is as cute as Scotty was.

But which one is more destructive?

I'm betting... Scotty.

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

Nice try

We've managed to ruin Chip & Dale for so many people! :thumbsup2

:laughing: I bet!

It's really part of the magic when that happens.

But he didn't poop on Main St. At least, not that we could see.

Those CM's with the pooper scoopers are quick.

:faint: No character is worth that. Very little in life is worth that.

Won't do that again. TR or no TR.

Hmm...I saw that movie once, many years ago. Don't remember too much about it other than the one kid throwing up on him. What should I be thinking of?

Hmmm... Google "parenthood van crashes". Pretty sure the first youtube video that pops up is right. Just make sure it goes all the way to the scene where the cop asks what happened.

::yes:: Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that most people want to sleep in on their vacations.

::yes:: And don't preplan or make ADRs or FP selections.

Time to turn in the Dad card, then.

That was our biggest fear coming into the week.

I bet it was. :hug:

Want to share them? :hyper:

Sure!

@#$@%^@#$
and
(*&^%%$
and of course
#@*&#^#@#*()%

You may be underestimating that statistic.
But then 79% of all statistics are made up, so…

79%? Wow, I'm surprised it's that low.

Or as my MIL use to say: “Up before the roster pisses.”

Speaking of colorful metaphors...

Keep to the Code.

Ok, ok… Keep to the Guidelines, but the point is still taken.

Rope Drop above all!

They chose wisely.

Or maybe not… they might have survived the onslaught of disaster and pestilence that would have resulted, but is fate really worth tempting?

Even for Disney?

Wait, I may have just found a loophole here.

It was never a problem for us--our kids didn't sleep in.

Golly. Mr. Peabody, are you sure that’s wise?

Wise? I've never done anything like that before.

Know thy audience; know thy self.

Fart jokes it is.

Classic!!!
Like many others, we quote Scotty often on this subject.
That phrase ranks among his greatest gifts to humanity.

And I almost forgot to mention it!

Those Womp-Rats won’t stand a chance.

Zurg, on the other hand…

Just like Beggars Canyon back home.

I know a couple of coaches that would be overjoyed by anything that resembled coordinated action.

I haven't seen much of that this year, myself.

You can just put a period at the end of that part of the sentence and there’d be at least one verifiably accurate statement in this TR.

Well, if we're going to start pointing movie tricks out, we'll be here a long time.

So did Tom. :rolleyes:

It happens.

He's shorter than I am.

And Governor Tarkin is probably getting a bit of a chuckle out of it as well.

He hasn't seen the last of me!

Even without a full peer review, the math checks out on that one.

Thank goodness, I didn't want to have to go over it again.

You need to have Scotty teach that look to Pkondz.
He could use it to get through US Border Crossings more easily.

If only @pkondz wasn't backing up his system so regularly.

Probably better be keeping an eye on all of them.
Remember, they’re the ones that will be picking your assisted living center when the time comes.

I'll just eat more cheesesteaks.

Was that CM Drunk?

That's really the only explanation.

The most “adult” oriented ride in all the kingdom.
And the more it tortures the young'ens, the better.

Everyone appreciates a good Dad joke. Right?

Right?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Well, the slowest member of the safari will.

And he did.

Just who was protecting who?

She's actually still in the same position as she was at Buzz Lightyear.

“Some men, you just can’t reach.”

:sad2:

Have to agree with you there.
Followed closely by the Mansion.

My back hasn't fallen apart on me yet, so I still like Space Mountain quite a bit.

Quick, teleport him over to Big Thunder!

If only I knew how the teleporting works!

“Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?”

Disney doesn’t take kindly to unattended bags, ya’ know.
I’ve seen the reaction for myself; specifically in the BTMRR area as a matter of fact.
It’s a bit like how you’d imagine the NYC Bomb Squad would approach a suspicious package.

Sounds like the bomb squad may have shown up.

Well...let's save that for the next chapter.

Ok, it's not that bad.

Sorry I've been scarce on the boards lately. Had the flu all week, and it wiped me out! Hoping to get a new update posted soon.

Me too. :( Soooo many hours at work. And days off are for errands, cleaning and spending time with my kiddos. Was sick for a few days there too with a BAD cold. Still coughing but that's slowly easing up.

It was Monday. Normally, that fact alone would have the entire family starting the day in a grumpy mood, but Mondays at Disney World have been scientifically proven to be 1836% better than Mondays anywhere else.

This is truth. Unless you're on the Unmagical Depress.

Actually, they told us they were moving slow and would catch up with us later in the morning.

The older I get the less a fan of RD I am. But I still see the value and will be doing it every morning next Sept with my kids since they don't get to go all the time like I do.

I’m sure we could find something to do on our own in MK.

Nah, not much to do there. ;)

Perfection! Even the closed eyes of Drew.

They went wild over the painting Scotty presented.

Then they heard Sarah was the artist, so she got a proper thanks as well.

Of course they did!!!

:worship:

Three character meets, all with less than 5-minute waits. That’s the only way to fly.

I just don't think I could stand in a line of more than 5 minutes for any character unless it's like at a Party or other event. Just not my thing.

Laser-focused. Gold-5, targeting computer activated.
]

Which could only have meant you fell short.

Still, not all was lost. Scotty and I managed to pull off our “Crazed Psychotic Killer” look for the ride photo.

GREAT ride photo.

I honestly don’t understand why people don’t bother to get up for Rope Drop.

See above...

I'm sadly starting to waffle on this. On the other hand, it may be directly correlative to having an AP now.

well, you get the point.

GPjT1jRLxo_vEhBWD37yUlxwjkaWeOwEsF1GhlCf7DNHcsKFfI92mRl6vDJngYjWUlxxKvN4kdtTARH2QWM7DFwtSuULrOYvoUybs0Zw6EnEYaY0nZDelevjVQinRSI-Htd2-0ndQ0Ucw1e5rm1tZe9qX1sGkTNPxswv6T6cV2KRTUbWCJZlBcdBLvtsiPTozJDDK7foZoxkAFRTtwEeuyiiLSVE2mGEB3e30iLEXbixAnY129dsse5bFHh5O5vXaHMY0HKnsgj3zXMeDVO_QlGm4kslaVHvPf3xZ_QhanVTMtPBhlvwoxrd03G6cGpNsXGYXSDeoWsQ8LAzRXczN316ehnVU1XhGnMEnLkBDub7Nu5AuD0Qc1-jugptlma-jVM03wPvdwc2dXZSAdsmkZEgymgRRjJVzp00AAkj2tsKmwiniCcF49fH089BRGzQR1BEwNfEDaCouLeWa6VkAt-2_UvMrUrvvTEbZP13-OEv4GdRsRfqSS-NLx0MwmGR4tiNno2EDG7TYe8Uhw89F60fVlww0H0qD5nozaN6L4SzlOy03bTKfHKP358bdsjQ0fTCq2I21w_lR-LNaT_Uf11_8Zh5VQrLTkEDw1dv2RJBUTtMq3t3NHJDNvRU2wvSPpRV59yxJOqqMLwftaZ9ezZZmQ=w556-h834-no

:lmao:

If you don’t tell my brother, I’ll admit to no small measure of glee at the fact that he took the brunt of the splash on the drop.

Spoken like a true brother.

DREW FELL ASLEEP. WE’RE GOING AROUND AGAIN.

Well, now we know why he was probably out of sorts enough to boge out on BTMRR.

DID YOU GRAB MY BAG?

I barely restrained myself from throwing my phone onto the roof of the Big Top. After Julie and I uttered variations of, “You’ve got to be kidding me”, I took one for the team and made the trek back to BTMRR while the others waited for me. As I leave you here, you can ponder the various creative profanities that may or may not have been uttered along the way.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'm sure there were some utterances. Children were promptly escorted to restrooms to have their ears washed out with soap. :eek:

But which one is more destructive?

I'm betting... Scotty.

Given that I never actually saw Marvin use the Space Modulator, I'm going to agree.

Those CM's with the pooper scoopers are quick.

I'm sure they have to be!

Won't do that again. TR or no TR.

Can't blame you there. It's not worth it.

Hmmm... Google "parenthood van crashes". Pretty sure the first youtube video that pops up is right. Just make sure it goes all the way to the scene where the cop asks what happened.

Ah...well, um...except for the venue/circumstances, I could think of worse ways to relieve stress. :rolleyes1:rotfl:

::yes:: And don't preplan or make ADRs or FP selections.

Exactly.

Sure!

@#$@%^@#$
and
(*&^%%$
and of course
#@*&#^#@#*()%

I've used all of those before!

Me too. :( Soooo many hours at work. And days off are for errands, cleaning and spending time with my kiddos. Was sick for a few days there too with a BAD cold. Still coughing but that's slowly easing up.

Yuck. Hope you get some rest and get back to full health soon. Disney message boards are far down the list of priorities!

This is truth. Unless you're on the Unmagical Depress.

@QueenJen mentioned that possibility as well, and now I'm questioning the meaning of life.

Nah, not much to do there. ;)

I mean, maybe get a Dole Whip or something.

Perfection! Even the closed eyes of Drew.

He does that a lot!

I just don't think I could stand in a line of more than 5 minutes for any character unless it's like at a Party or other event. Just not my thing.

I think the only reason to do it is with kids. But, hey, if someone else wants to stand there, that's one less person in line for the rides!

Which could only have meant you fell short.

It's what I do.

GREAT ride photo.

:thanks:

The older I get the less a fan of RD I am. But I still see the value and will be doing it every morning next Sept with my kids since they don't get to go all the time like I do.

See above...

I'm sadly starting to waffle on this. On the other hand, it may be directly correlative to having an AP now.

Well, I can certainly agree that an AP would completely change things. If you can go whenever you want, all year long, then completely different rules apply. But if you're like me, going once every few years and spending thousands of dollars for that one week, you make the time count!

Spoken like a true brother.

Can't have it any other way!

Well, now we know why he was probably out of sorts enough to boge out on BTMRR.

Yep, that does seem to be a big factor.
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'm sure there were some utterances. Children were promptly escorted to restrooms to have their ears washed out with soap. :eek:

"Aw, Dad, we hear that stuff on the school bus all the time."

Speaking of colorful metaphors...
She was most certainly colorful.

Rope Drop above all!
I was thinking more along the “falls behind; left behind” guideline…
but I’m good with that one as well.

It was never a problem for us--our kids didn't sleep in.
Mine did; and still does.
It was the initial getting to sleep at all that was the issue.

Wise? I've never done anything like that before.
Silly me…

Fart jokes it is.

and_there_was_much_rejoicing.gif

I haven't seen much of that this year, myself.
Me neither.
Don’t expect I’ll be seeing much of it tonight.

I'll just eat more cheesesteaks.
Good plan.
Oddly, I’ve started doing just the opposite of late.
May need to reassess that choice.

She's actually still in the same position as she was at Buzz Lightyear.
Did she ever come out of it, or is she sitting just like that at her kitchen table as we speak?

My back hasn't fallen apart on me yet, so I still like Space Mountain quite a bit.
I’ve healed up enough that I can get on that one once again, so likely will.
It’s a good version of the traditional “wild mouse” type coaster and worth the ride about once a trip at least.

If only I knew how the teleporting works!
Discuss it with Drew.
Apparently, he has a working knowledge of the process.

Well...let's save that for the next chapter.

Ok, it's not that bad.
Good to hear, but I’m still looking forward to hearing you spin the yarn.

Yuck. Hope you get some rest and get back to full health soon. Disney message boards are far down the list of priorities!
Have definitely been for me. I'm trying to read as many as I can, but most of the time it's on my phone, which makes replying (especially multi-quoting) tough.

@QueenJen mentioned that possibility as well, and now I'm questioning the meaning of life.
No need to question...
it's 42!

I mean, maybe get a Dole Whip or something.
Like we need a reason for that? Maybe get a dole whip is simply a reason to swing by the poly. I was bummed when I found out refreshment port in WS Canada didn't have the pineapple soft serve (dole whip by a different name) after F&W was over. Curse you Perry the platypus.

It's what I do.
Are you sure?

Well, I can certainly agree that an AP would completely change things. If you can go whenever you want, all year long, then completely different rules apply. But if you're like me, going once every few years and spending thousands of dollars for that one week, you make the time count!
Speaking from experience (albeit recent), yes it makes a big difference. I had to drive by there the other day and I was literally debating whether I should pop over to refreshment port and grab a poutine.

"Aw, Dad, we hear that stuff on the school bus all the time."
And your point?

Enjoying your TR! Rope drop was a good decision! You got some great photos. Love the throwback picture of your with Chip and Dale. So cute! After Mickey, they are my favorite characters. The dad bag :confused3

She was most certainly colorful.

Sounds like fun.

I was thinking more along the “falls behind; left behind” guideline…
but I’m good with that one as well.

They kind of go hand in hand.

Mine did; and still does.
It was the initial getting to sleep at all that was the issue.

:faint:

Yay...

Good plan.
Oddly, I’ve started doing just the opposite of late.
May need to reassess that choice.

Well, I probably need to follow your method since my waistline is trending in the wrong direction.

Did she ever come out of it, or is she sitting just like that at her kitchen table as we speak?

"And did she ever return, no she never returned, and her fate is still unlearned..."

I’ve healed up enough that I can get on that one once again, so likely will.
It’s a good version of the traditional “wild mouse” type coaster and worth the ride about once a trip at least.

Glad to hear it on the healing front. When it comes to rides, I'm like Ricky Bobby: I wanna go fast.

Discuss it with Drew.
Apparently, he has a working knowledge of the process.

Oh, like he'd ever tell me.

Good to hear, but I’m still looking forward to hearing you spin the yarn.

That makes one.

Have definitely been for me. I'm trying to read as many as I can, but most of the time it's on my phone, which makes replying (especially multi-quoting) tough.

Yeah, I really hate trying to respond from the phone.

No need to question...
it's 42!

Ah, yes. That explains everything.

Like we need a reason for that? Maybe get a dole whip is simply a reason to swing by the poly. I was bummed when I found out refreshment port in WS Canada didn't have the pineapple soft serve (dole whip by a different name) after F&W was over. Curse you Perry the platypus.

I'll go pretty far out of my way just to get a Dole Whip, for sure.

Speaking from experience (albeit recent), yes it makes a big difference. I had to drive by there the other day and I was literally debating whether I should pop over to refreshment port and grab a poutine.

I imagine even if I had an AP, I'd start worrying about whether I was getting enough value out of it. "OMG, I haven't used it at all this week!" :rotfl:

Enjoying your TR! Rope drop was a good decision! You got some great photos. Love the throwback picture of your with Chip and Dale. So cute! After Mickey, they are my favorite characters. The dad bag :confused3

Thanks and :welcome:

Yeah, I really hate trying to respond from the phone.
Me too...that's why the few times I'm on my computer (like now), I can actually multi-quote!

Ah, yes. That explains everything.

I'll go pretty far out of my way just to get a Dole Whip, for sure.
Well, unfortunately for you, it's a REALLY long way.

I imagine even if I had an AP, I'd start worrying about whether I was getting enough value out of it. "OMG, I haven't used it at all this week!" :rotfl:
Given the cost of tickets, I've more than paid for mine. Even if you get really good discounts on tickets, 10 days (and that's generous) pays for the gold (which is what I have). I'm debating if I want to do the platinum or platinum plus this year....not sure if the few non-blackout days are worth it. On the other hand, the water parks with the platinum plus probably is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter