Those of you who pre-paid your hotel stay, when did they charge your cc?

ruadisneyfan2

DIS Veteran
Last Sunday, I contacted RPR to prepay the full amount of the hotel stay for my niece and her family. After being transferred a few times, I finally got the correct person. She said she'd email me a link to securely enter my cc info. I did all of it and saw the balance due amount pending on my cc. By Friday, it dropped off the list of pending charges but it never posted. I'm not panicking but just hopeful that this will all work out and maybe they'll do the real charge just before check in? I don't want this to be something she has to deal with on arrival.

If any of you have experience with this, when was your cc charged?

Give it a few more days to actually post. Even with the first night deposit they always do, it can show pending drop off and then go back on.

If it doesn’t show back up by the end of the week, I would call back. I have done this process once before and wasn’t charged until I got there.

Just make sure you have copies of all your paperwork when you check in. I have pre paid in full twice, and both times at check in they didn't seem to see it. It did work out fine once I pointed out I did pay in full, but just keep everything. Honestly, our last trip I just did the deposit, and paid the rest at the resort. For me (hopefully not for you!), it wasn't exactly a smooth process, other people might have different experience with this though!

Just make sure you have copies of all your paperwork when you check in. I have pre paid in full twice, and both times at check in they didn't seem to see it. It did work out fine once I pointed out I did pay in full, but just keep everything. Honestly, our last trip I just did the deposit, and paid the rest at the resort. For me (hopefully not for you!), it wasn't exactly a smooth process, other people might have different experience with this though!
Yikes. I should have printed what I could but it said something like click here for your payment details or summary or something like that. When I did click it prompted me to log into my account which I didnt have.
I will forward the emails I received to my niece. Thanks for the heads up.

I had to chase behind Loews numerous times to get an itemized bill that showed my hotel stay has been paid in full. I was adamant that I wasn't going to pull up to my hotel after having paid it off and they tell me that I still have a huge balance. I had to tell them that what they emailed me is not what I want to see. I finally got what I was looking for a month ago. I'm checking into Portofino Bay this Saturday.

For all of this hassle, I don’t think I’d ever go through all this for my own hotel stay. I feel like any time we rock the boat, or try to do things differently from their normal routine, causes problems. My only alternative is having my niece pay for it which I’m now thinking might have been a better idea to just give her the cash and let her pay it with her debit card at check in.

Yikes... I've prepaid each trip and never had an issue (but I always save every communication email in the event that happens).

This is also what happened to my niece. Even though I didn't print the documents at the time I entered my cc, they did email me those same documents and she printed them out. It took a little longer but in the end it all worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter