Those using swagbucks ???

I sometime enter grocery store receipts on the answer app for 2 SB. Today I noticed it said 3 SB, so I did one. Then it flipped to 4 SB, and I entered another. Then it said 5 SB, etc, up until 9 SB when I quit. I'm not even sure all the stores it will accept, it took Target, CVS, and Giant Eagle. There is also a tab for clothign store receipts for 15 SB but I don't have any of those!

So, for the second time in four months, I've gotten a virus on my computer. I've had a really great run with Swagbucks and not getting a virus beause I have a MacBook, but seems my luck has run out. How are the rest of you successfully Swaggign without ruining your computer?

So, for the second time in four months, I've gotten a virus on my computer. I've had a really great run with Swagbucks and not getting a virus beause I have a MacBook, but seems my luck has run out. How are the rest of you successfully Swaggign without ruining your computer?

Came back to Swagbucks recently. I'm only doing trivia and gift cards through MGCP. Also run the playlists in the background. (Not nCraves) They run by themselves and the virus risk is lower.

I run avast and it catches stuff. I also use an old computer for ncraves but it still has avast still and catches stuff. I also run malware bytes I think it is once a month.

I use my old cell phone, i never have issues. I run the sb watch overnight its good for about 40sb a day. The only time i use the computer is when swago makes me.
Oh yea.. The first thing i did on the computer is delete the swagbutton... the computer is so much faster with out it.

For those who have cashed out a Visa CG, is creating a account for the first time cash out pretty painless? There is nothing I need on Amazon, and thought about switching to the Visa cards for a bit.
I only do sb visas, super easy... i was buying discounted gcs with them and putting the remaining balance on my amazon account, but it took to long now i use the card to pay down my disney account $25 at a time. Or i buy a groupon giftcard from my giftcardsplus for swago and end up with a bunch of free sbs.
I bought universal studios tickets on groupon.

I only do sb visas, super easy... i was buying discounted gcs with them and putting the remaining balance on my amazon account, but it took to long now i use the card to pay down my disney account $25 at a time. Or i buy a groupon giftcard from my giftcardsplus for swago and end up with a bunch of free sbs.
I bought universal studios tickets on groupon.

Are you paying down your vacation balance? Is that really wise if you need to be refunded down the road?

Are you paying down your vacation balance? Is that really wise if you need to be refunded down the road?
Yes, i paid for all (fam of 4) of our tickets and two days of hotel with sb alone In 11 months. Im really not worried, if we had to cancel it would be a postponement. This was all free money anyways.

I sometime enter grocery store receipts on the answer app for 2 SB. Today I noticed it said 3 SB, so I did one. Then it flipped to 4 SB, and I entered another. Then it said 5 SB, etc, up until 9 SB when I quit. I'm not even sure all the stores it will accept, it took Target, CVS, and Giant Eagle. There is also a tab for clothign store receipts for 15 SB but I don't have any of those!
I saw that last night as well, but it keeps denying my receipts from our supermarket (City Market which is part of Kroger) even though it has accepted them before.

Last edited:
Yes, i paid for all (fam of 4) of our tickets and two days of hotel with sb alone In 11 months. Im really not worried, if we had to cancel it would be a postponement. This was all free money anyways.
For me I'd be more concerned if they refunded my hotel ressie to 10 expired virtual visas (or tried to) and not necessarily having money tied up in Disney (although depending on why I'm cancelling that could be a concern too). I've read it can be a struggle to get it refunded in an alternate way. But no experience myself with multiple CC payments. Maybe they pick the first or last payment card to refund? Although if the last was a VGC then in the same position.

I guess if you didn't need the money you could just keep walking the reservation and rolling over the balance until the next trip. While it is "free" it's still your cash and at least with a Disney GC you could resell it to get some cash back if needed. Just my thoughts. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with doing it as long as it works with your back plans.

I run CCleaner and Malwarebytes daily, sometimes two or three times a day.

Came back to Swagbucks recently. I'm only doing trivia and gift cards through MGCP. Also run the playlists in the background. (Not nCraves) They run by themselves and the virus risk is lower.

So, anything I don't have to auto advance is safer?
What about hideout.tv? Watch?

I run avast and it catches stuff. I also use an old computer for ncraves but it still has avast still and catches stuff. I also run malware bytes I think it is once a month.

What is avast? And does it work for a mac?

I use my old cell phone, i never have issues. I run the sb watch overnight its good for about 40sb a day. The only time i use the computer is when swago makes me.
Oh yea.. The first thing i did on the computer is delete the swagbutton... the computer is so much faster with out it.

I didn't realize it caused issues....I'll try deleting it? What do I 'need' it for?

I run CCleaner and Malwarebytes daily, sometimes two or three times a day.

Do you have a mac? I've never had issues before, but sounds like I do now.....are these programs you purchase? (Sorry, I am clueless with this...)

I didn't realize it caused issues....I'll try deleting it? What do I 'need' it for?

Do you have a mac? I've never had issues before, but sounds like I do now.....are these programs you purchase? (Sorry, I am clueless with this...)

No, it's an HP. No, I use the free portion of these softwares. They do have a pay version, or an upgraded version. I just use the free ones. I haven't tried hideout.tv, so I can't comment on that.

It's anti virus software. I don't know if they have it for mac, I don't have one. Though even if I had a mac I'd still be running some type of anti virus software and for sure a malware one. Nothing is 100% immune. I even run avast mobile on my phone, it scans every morning at 8.

It's anti virus software. I don't know if they have it for mac, I don't have one. Though even if I had a mac I'd still be running some type of anti virus software and for sure a malware one. Nothing is 100% immune. I even run avast mobile on my phone, it scans every morning at 8.

I've had a mac for 15 years and never been infected, so twice in four months is bothersome! I just downloaded the free version of Avast (it got good reviews, so thank you for suggesting). I know ZERO about antivirus software, so hopefully I can figure this one out, doesn't seem so hard! It's scanning my computer now.....will it just 'fix' or 'delete' anything that is spyware or a virus? Not sure how this works! Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

I've had a mac for 15 years and never been infected, so twice in four months is bothersome! I just downloaded the free version of Avast (it got good reviews, so thank you for suggesting). I know ZERO about antivirus software, so hopefully I can figure this one out, doesn't seem so hard! It's scanning my computer now.....will it just 'fix' or 'delete' anything that is spyware or a virus? Not sure how this works! Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

You'll want to try malware bytes or something similar as well. Both programs look for different stuff and if they find anything will suggest what to do and you say ok or not.

One thing avast will do is try to upsell you on stuff but you can skip that part.

I get the whole macs dont get infected thing but as more people use macs and iphones more stuff will happen because it starts to benefit the bad guys.

Holy cow. I did the LifeLock offer in December when it was 10,000 sb. Nothing ever went pending, no email, nothing.. I was not looking forward to the fight to get my credit. So today, (day 40) I submitted my request at 4:20pm. I had my credit at 4:42pm. :yay:

I haven’t ordered from Walmart on swagbucks in a while and I noticed today that my grocery order is earning less than 1%. Lots of exclusions on there now. It was an easy way to make some sb.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter